Downgrade from latest firmware?

max

Reaction score
Is it possible to downgrade from the latest firmware back to, I believe, 3.2/3.06. Ive seen conflicting reports as to whether it is possible. I upgraded everything except for the batteries, which didn't give me an option to update for some reason.

There is no way to downgrade the firmware.

Has something changed recently to prevent this?

If you go here you'll find the previous P2 aircraft f/w versions:
http://droneslinger.com/software.html

It used to be possible anyways.

max said:
msinger said:
That sucks... Even with some multistep workaround...

Did you visit the page I linked?

Today was the first I've heard in months that you can't downgrade.

N017RW said:
max said:
msinger said:
That sucks... Even with some multistep workaround...

Did you visit the page I linked?

Today was the first I've heard in months that you can't downgrade.

Yes I've been to site before. I actually haven't tried to downgrade yet, just have read that the latest versions have made it not possible. I should probably try it before commenting further, just a little worried about bricking my bird since I've never tried downgrading before. Thanks for your help

N017RW, have you tried downgrading?

No.

Like I said I visit here often and had not heard of this (yet).

Not saying it's not true just surprised that's all.

Not everything you read here or on the web is true.

LiLPhantom said:
be careful working down in firm ware if you haven't been there before...
Got any tips for things to avoid?

Errrm how do you downgrade ?

I downloaded older assistant software and thought it might have the option to install what ever version of firmware is for that version of assistant, but that wasn't the case. The old assistant software gives you the option to 'upgrade' to 3.08

Am I missing a step ?

:D
Pick the assistant version you want from droneslinger's site. Install that version on your desktop. When you connect the bird select the version and choose update.
Nothing to be worried about, really msinger. You are a pilot, the restrictions on speed and descent (+NFZ) are the main things.

If I install version 3.2 it still says I can only update to 3.08

How are you managing to get previous versions such as 3.06 ?

happydays said:
msinger said:
LiLPhantom said:

Trees :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Trees? Hmm... I don't think they come into play when installing software...

msinger said:
msinger said:
LiLPhantom said:

Trees? Hmm... I don't think they come into play when installing software...

You don't live in my house!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ;) ;) ;)

Ok... let's stick to the topic.

LiLPhantom said:
Fplvert said:
:D
Pick the assistant version you want from droneslinger's site. Install that version on your desktop. When you connect the bird select the version and choose update.
Nothing to be worried about, really msinger. You are a pilot, the restrictions on speed and descent (+NFZ) are the main things.

Exactly. Just stay away from 3.0!
2.0 you will have no flight restrictions, your bird can descend really fast, be careful on that one if your not used to it, otherwise you should be good to go...

Actually 2.0 introduced the Flight Limits function. And 3.0 introduced Special Area flight restrictions.

1.08 is the way to go if you want no restrictions whatsoever. I downgraded to 1.08 from 3.0 two flights into ownership back in May 2014. Stuck with that until I went to 3.04 about a month after it came out. Now at 3.06. 1.08 is a lot of fun and much snappier, but lacks most of the new features for the V+.

Reverting was easy from 3.0.

Why can't someone on this forum with a wealth of computer programming knowledge design a program that will allow the phantom to operate like the 1.08 with all the benefits of the 3.08?

jasonb777 said:
Why can't someone on this forum with a wealth of computer programming knowledge design a program that will allow the phantom to operate like the 1.08 with all the benefits of the 3.08?

What we really need is just a bit more reconfigurability. Like let me decide if I want my max descent rate to be 2 m/s or 6 m/s. Let me decide the max pitch angle so I can go faster. Sure you can limit my max and min, but let me choose a high or low or anything in between. They haven't taken away the configuration of the Flight Limits. Why take away my max descent rate of 6m/s??? At lest let me choose.

DJI does give us a wealth of reconfigurability already, but then they hard code things like reducing the descent rate to < 2m/s or something when RTHing and landing and less than 10m and a partridge in a pear tree. Or bring back letting me choose the low and critical battery levels. Stop hardcoding this stuff. Everything was fine. Stop controlling me.

The only hardcoded restriction I can live with is the airport one.

This is all I ask. Not much.

Dang it, all this talk is just making me more frustrated that I'm now apparently stuck with the new firmware. I read (in some post on this site) that the latest version has reduced the maximum tilt for all modes (gps, atti, RTH) from what they were in previous versions. What really scares me about this is that it makes a lot harder to four the wind. I've only had a few flights with the new firmware, but I'm pretty sure I've already noticed this

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj