Dont Want to Fly Anymore

Reaction score
I don't fly mine very much due to time constraints and most of all every other month I take it out I have to spend hours on a new firmware for unit and controller having it work and not work. I own a ranch where i can fly a lot. But it to the point you cant fly it where you want anymore without some yahoo wanting to shoot it or the stories of how they don't return. Along with DJI being [Language Removed] backward on support.. I actually have 2- mine and my sons both P3 pro. We decorated our -mine like spiderman and lights up at night red and has all the goodies for it. His is blue with blue led's. I'm asking 1200 ea with case and everything (too long to list). I found a solocam that will replace this, just don't want to flock with it anymore- I just can't go out and shoot like when I first got it thanks to DJI and constant upgrades that are bewildering.We did do some cool arial acrobatics with the led'sat night.
list:
landing guard
spotlight
led lights (red)
spiderman stickers
lens filters
extra battery
custom hard case and 1 soft case (his)
prop guards (matching colors)
extra props (3 blade and 2 blade)

Contact [email protected] for pics

I paid over 2000 ea. for all the stuff for each unit. there is nothing wrong with either unit but my wife grips we paid so much not to use them. and she is right (dont tell her i said that) lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what drives me mad too. Miles from home, precious battery ticking away and the DJI Go App bugs you with ads for new drones and messages about firmware updates and app updates.

When i fly the drone......and use the Dji Go App.......i always fly with "airplane mode" on and i'm never bothered by all that stuff......what works for me sure will work for many others !

yes and thanks i will look into litchi. to be honest guys - i lost interest. I want to get a SOLOCAM. Its an automatic camera. I really can use at my ranch. And yes i own a ranch and dont have time to play with these. Plus my dreams of what i wanted to film are shattered (grand canyon).

If you're talking about a "Soloshot", be prepared for much more frustration than DJI products. I have had 2...VERY VERY BUGGY....Not really ready for primetime. I still have one and while it's cool, I never know how it's going to work day to day. As far as your asking price, you might want to revisit that. Seems very overpriced. Good luck!

thanks for the heads up on the solo shot. My price with all the stuff that comes with it is very fair-case-extra batteries-filters-leds. cost over 2000.00 on each unit.I also have guards and extra props and 3 prop props. landing gear guard, editing software for video.

what is litchi ?

Its a app thats $25.00 that you can buy n download off the "Google Play store !...try it you just might like it !

As MotorCycle-Man indicated, Litchi is a third-party app that provides a more user-friendly, less invasive, update-free, and hassle-free alternative to the DJI Go app. It does cost $25 but, you may find it to be a better experience than the Go app, and a good reason to continue flying your Phantom. I personally haven't used Litchi but, there are a very large number of pilots in this forum who fly using the Litchi app exclusively and they swear by their experiences.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
thank running, i will check out. I also need to know if my LG pad will work or Samsung gal 8 note.I have a ranch and would love to use it for having fun with my 8 horses in the pasture and film riders. my son and i used to do aerial dancing at night with the LEDs. real cool if you slow apature down. Most of all is finding the time. in my case i find the time and i end up doing firmware updates and never get to fly.

I also need to know if my LG pad will work or Samsung gal 8 note.

Personally, I think you'd have better success with the Samsung but, someone else may be able comment specifically on that subject. I suspect the Galaxy Note 8 may be on the DJI list of approved devices, and would suggest devices from that list for the best possible experience.

I'm sure that we can all understand your frustration with DJI and the Go app specifically. It sounds like you really enjoy the time you spend flying but, what good is all of that if the app becomes an obstacle to flying. That's why I suggested trying the Litchi app before selling your Phantom. With the Litchi app, I think you just might find your joy in flying again. Good luck.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
thanks running, i will take it to heart. I invested a lot into this hobby and I'm in an area that is great to fly. and I do want to play with it with my horses (catch them running in a herd) plus i have a horse that loves electronic things. My biggest problem would be to get my lazy horses to run. lol
if ever in north Arizona , come on by to fly, ride etc. i have camping here. http://dreamliferanch.com (my website)

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I don't fly mine very much due to time constraints and most of all every other month I take it out I have to spend hours on a new firmware for unit and controller having it work and not work......I just can't go out and shoot like when I first got it thanks to DJI and constant upgrades that are bewildering.
I'm asking 1200 ea with case and everything (too long to list).

Since you will probably only get about half of the price you are asking for each, why don't you keep them and perhaps think about just not updating? Since the updates are optional, many people (myself included) make a conscious choice to not update.

If you can't see my signature, I am using FW 1.4.1 and 1.6.4 on my two P3s. Also, I use GO app 2.4.2. I haven't updated either P3 since December of 2015 and I fly without issue. I researched each time a new FW was released and made the choice to not update. It's a personal decision that some are comfortable making. Others are not.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Since you will probably only get about half of the price you are asking for each, why don't you keep them and perhaps think about just not updating? Since the updates are optional, many people (myself included) make a conscious choice to not update.

If you can't see my signature, I am using FW 1.4.1 and 1.6.4 on my two P3s. Also, I use GO app 2.4.2. I haven't updated either P3 since December of 2015 and I fly without issue. I researched and make the choice to not update each time a new FW was released. It's a personal decision.

Personally, I see a lot of wisdom in Oso's comments. I'm flying my P3S with 1.8.10 firmware using Go app 3.1.6. I was forced to update nearly a year ago in order to fly, but have not updated since then because the performance of my Standard is, well, flawless. My range for an unmodded Standard is beyond exceptional and well above average, it flies flawlessly, and I prefer to keep it that way. There are others who would likely disagree with me concerning my position on updates. But, after reading countless stories here of updates gone bad and the ensuing flight issues, I suspect that I'm not in the minority on that point. As always, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Personally, I see a lot of wisdom in Oso's comments. I'm flying my P3S with 1.8.10 firmware using Go app 3.1.6. I was forced to update nearly a year ago in order to fly, but have not updated since then because the performance of my Standard is, well, flawless. My range for an unmodded Standard is beyond exceptional and well above average, it flies flawlessly, and I prefer to keep it that way. There are others who would likely disagree with me concerning my position on updates. But, after reading countless stories here of updates gone bad and the ensuing flight issues, I suspect that I'm not in the minority on that point. As always, just my 2 cents.

Gotta agree RWS, firmware updates can hide all sorts of issues that can cripple a healthy bird. My two P3S’s are both on 1.5.70 firmware and GoApp is 3.0.0. Both fly great with no issues, and I don’t have any of the GeoFencing limits.

For those pilots that are frustrated with their Phantoms, I’d suggest a downgrade of the firmware........(or not to update at all if it still flies great.)

Also, I’d speculate that DJI has built in a compatibility factor between the GoApp and firmware versions that limit performance. In other words, updating one and not the other could cause problems. That’s just a guess on my part however. So, I won’t update the firmware or the GoApp until the bird won’t fly, or hell freezes over, whatever comes first.

I don't fly mine very much due to time constraints and most of all every other month I take it out I have to spend hours on a new firmware for unit and controller having it work and not work. I own a ranch where i can fly a lot. But it to the point you cant fly it where you want anymore without some yahoo wanting to shoot it or the stories of how they don't return. Along with DJI being [Language Removed] backward on support.. I actually have 2- mine and my sons both P3 pro. We decorated our -mine like spiderman and lights up at night red and has all the goodies for it. His is blue with blue led's. I'm asking 1200 ea with case and everything (too long to list). I found a solocam that will replace this, just don't want to flock with it anymore- I just can't go out and shoot like when I first got it thanks to DJI and constant upgrades that are bewildering.We did do some cool arial acrobatics with the led'sat night.
list:
landing guard
spotlight
led lights (red)
spiderman stickers
lens filters
extra battery
custom hard case and 1 soft case (his)
prop guards (matching colors)
extra props (3 blade and 2 blade)

Contact [email protected] for pics

I paid over 2000 ea. for all the stuff for each unit. there is nothing wrong with either unit but my wife grips we paid so much not to use them. and she is right (dont tell her i said that) lol.

Your pain is felt by many, frustration runs rampant and having patience that is beyond most is needed so the answer for us was to just go back to old :
What I will call the Supersonic Update:
It was the best of what DJI first offered, and with it came very little restrictions best of all, you no longer needed to do any updates:
Because it has very little restrictions its kind of kept in the dark as its 5 steps back and offers none of the new EFFECTS pano, ect.

We may post a link on are site for those that want to buy back into the freedom update of long ago and sign out of the guinea pig farm.
You can email us on the site if interested and will send you some info.
phantomrain.org

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav