DON'T buy Bangood.com DJI battery for Phantom 3

There are DJI dealers selling OEM P3 batteries on Amazon. For example, RotorLogic is currently selling them for $121 here.
Good point. Sorry, should have mentioned not all on Amazon are clones, but have found a few. Some very convincing clones at that.

Just use Litchi and problem solved. My buddy bought 4 of those exact batteries and had not one issue. I've een im flit them. Use Litchi and enjoy your new battery!

Number 1, you don't have to be such a jerk.

2, I don't need to be told what I already learned/know.

And C, I was trying to save a few bucks on a battery. At the time didn't care if if the savings were on the factory or its 'equivalent'. I found out; I now know, I learned. I am trying to help others.
According to the GO app, everything is up to date.
Banggood has great customer service. You've already made a video, send them the link and they should refund you.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Good point. Sorry, should have mentioned not all on Amazon are clones, but have found a few. Some very convincing clones at that.
Just use Litchi and problem solved. My buddy bought 4 of those exact batteries and had not one issue. I've seen him fly with them. Use Litchi and enjoy your new battery!

Just use Litchi and problem solved. My buddy bought 4 of those exact batteries and had not one issue. I've een im flit them. Use Litchi and enjoy your new battery!
What is "litchi" and why would I want to use it? OK, I see it is a DJI-GO-like app.

Now, please set me straight if I am not fully understanding here, I still consider myself to be a newbie, but, why would I want a non DJI app just so I can use a non-DJI battery? The whole idea is for everything to be compatible, not having a bunch of workarounds if I want to use this battery, at least that is my goal.

Don't use litchi because of battery alone. But because it does things your go app can't. Like set way points without flying them first. Just set your mission on your device height. Speeds. Camera times. And boom hit start mission. It does it. And come back with out the need to use a remote control. As well as use other battery

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Squirrel!
So litchi is good to use? No conflicts? Basically replaces the DJI-GO app? What about updates like the one DJI just released? The update includes better compass function. Is that in the app or the P3? Would litchi update the P3?

This battery burned me is why I am asking so many questions and am hesitant. Fool me once...;)

The litchi app is great. You can get it free. Go to the website. Sign up for beta tester. They will give it to you free. I now have 4 different apps for my drone. All have different purpose. So don't think dji go is the almighty app. It is not. Like the vertical studio. I will try it today out over the ocean. I will track kite surfers. Just pick a image from camera and it tracks the image. No matter how fast they move. High speed video action. Go app can't do that. Don't need to carry remote for follow me. Also use fpv and for dji when I want to use goggles. Like you are in cockpit of bird. You may have gotten burned from a purchase but most fellow pilots will only tell you their experiences

Interesting...

Reactions: rickmail27
I have exactly same issue like squirrel. ... so cool that sounds good... does the drone itshelf also need a new firmware? ... will this happen automatically when i use the new app?
Is this lichi available in the android play store?
Did u try already squirrel?

No. Just install the app. And yes good for android. It's different. You can program you mission and settings from computer or smart phone. And turn on drone. And watch it go. I used it once. But it made me nervous as I had no remote control. And to see it start up and take off and fly without remote was scary. But it came back after it finished its mission and shut down. And I left with it.

Hi tony... but i can also use the remote control and fly normal around right?

Actually i use the p3s just with remote control. .no need for "follow me" ... is there maybe a free litchi app for p3s?

Hi tony... but i can also use the remote control and fly normal around right?

Actually i use the p3s just with remote control. .no need for "follow me" ... is there maybe a free litchi app for p3s?
Yes. You can Just use remote. Yes when I got litchi it was free for standard. Trying to find link where I signed up.
Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire

Thanks a lot... and if you gind the free app let me know.... the link you sent is the litchi website which connects u with the google play where it cost 20 dollar...

***UPDATE***

The Bangood battery works IF using a 3rd party app like the 'Litchi' app and NOT when using the DJI-GO app. At least, it doesn't shut down immediately after startup. In preliminary testing, there were no issues. When we go out to fly again in a few days, more comprehensive testing will be done.

So I have therefore notified Bangood as well as PayPal to fuggid about the refund, I already have a true DJI battery on its way. So I will have 3 batteries. The catch is, the Litchi app must be purchased at the cost of $20. And there goes any savings one might have enjoyed had the battery just worked as promised from the beginning. Had it been in the description that a different type of app is needed so it works, I would have continued my search for a cheap battery. Of course, the app only needs to be purchased once, so after the initial cost, the battery price is still the best I have seen.

I will report back my findings. I am hoping my experiences helps another.

Last edited:
Yes I did and just fartin around with it on my desktop, I like it better than the GO app...but I haven't flown with Litchi yet so am cautious about saying much more at this early stage.

And I also thank the guy who mentioned Vertical Studio. I didn´t know this App and I´m just gonna try it. It seems to be very good.
Cheers

***UPDATE***

The Bangood battery works IF and only IF, using the 'Litchi' app and NOT when using the DJI-GO app. At least, it doesn't shut down immediately after startup. In preliminary testing, there were no issues. When we go out to fly again in a few days, more comprehensive testing will be done.

So I have therefore notified Bangood as well as PayPal to fuggid about the refund, I already have a true DJI battery on its way. So I will have 3 batteries. The catch is, the Litchi app must be purchased at the cost of $20. And there goes any savings one might have enjoyed had the battery just worked as promised from the beginning. Had it been in the description that a different type of app is needed so it works, I would have continued my search for a cheap battery. Of course, the app only needs to be purchased once, so after the initial cost, the battery price is still the best I have seen.

I will report back my findings. I am hoping my experiences helps another.
I would not be surprised if DJI in future causes the Litchi app to no longer function. DJI is the new Apple... 3rd party products work only if licensed paid for and received by Apple. If Litchi is not already paying DJI a license fee, they soon may have to. Just a thought.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik