Does Phantom 2 already have needed Flight Control system?

Reaction score
So I have just recently got my Phantom 2 and I also purchased 2.4G Bluetooth Datalink kit so I can do the waypoint flights with the Phantom. I guess were still waiting on a firmware upgrade for the Phantom 2 to do this, correct? Secondly, does the Phantom 2 already have needed flight control system built-in for the iPad ground station to work? I know the Datalink uses a can bus cable to connect to the WKM, NAZA-M or NAZA-M V2, so are one of these 3 already built into the Phantom 2? If not, does this mean we need to buy one to do these waypoint flights? If it is built-in, is it just matter of connecting the Datalink to the open canbus port on the Phantom? Just wondering if I need to buy something more here and if so, exactly what would I need to get rolling once this firmware is released.

Thanks

Re: Does Phantom 2 already have needed Flight Control system

Phantom 2 uses the Naza M V2 but with certain features disabled. As you can see here, DJI recently said on the FB page that the Ground Station firmware update is imminent.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9090

Thanks ianwood. So the Phantom 2 does have it's own flight control system then. Hopefully someone comes out with some good instructions on hooking it directly to the Phantom 2.

ianwood said:
Phantom 2 uses the Naza M V2 but with certain features disabled. As you can see here, DJI recently said on the FB page that the Ground Station firmware update is imminent.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9090

install is easy. connect the RX to the can bus port on the leg. Connect the TX to a power supply and the BTU to the TX.

if you are using a mini iosd, then connect the R to the can bus port on the mini iosd and the mini iosd to the can bus port on the leg.

when the firmware is available, update. fly. enjoy.

Thanks Ksc, I was hoping it was going to be that easy and sounds like it is. What you suggest using for a power supply for the TX?

Ksc said:
install is easy. connect the RX to the can bus port on the leg. Connect the TX to a power supply and the BTU to the TX.

if you are using a mini iosd, then connect the R to the can bus port on the mini iosd and the mini iosd to the can bus port on the leg.

when the firmware is available, update. fly. enjoy.

you could connect it to a battery. a phantom 1 battery. just put the right connector on it. it depends on what you have as far as a charger. its a waste to go buy just that charger for the ground station and battery. I wonder if you could connect to one of those portable iPhone chargers they sell at tiger direct.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna