Does DJI P4P+ V2.0 have compatibility with mapping software ?

Reaction score
Dylan Gorman wrote on YouTube:

"do NOT get the "+" version as it is not supported by mapping software at all"

So, is he talking about DroneDeploy, Pix4D, GPS Essentials etc. ? I mean, even DJI Pilot App has some mapping features itself. I do not quiet understand his statement. Can anyone confirm this?
I am thinking about buying an old one from ebay and I wanted to use pre-processed .kml Pathways with different camera angles for mapping and photogrammetry. So mapping software would be essential.

I thought the only difference the + made was the display. Is this wrong?

Cheers,
SvSz

You can install android apk files (at least on P4P+ v1) but the problem is that there is not enough power to run them.
Also the androind version is old so the apps don't work as supposed.
I installed recently Map Pilot Pro for android but it didn't work well.

You can install third-party apps, but it will not detect the aircraft.

So you need to install some app (like MacroDroid) to make a macro that close DJI GO (default app that comes with controller) and open the desired app.

You can install third-party apps, but it will not detect the aircraft.

So you need to install some app (like MacroDroid) to make a macro that close DJI GO (default app that comes with controller) and open the desired app.
I own a P4Pro+v2 also. I was on hold with DJI about this. I asked if I bought the “non +” remote, would it work with my drone?
Okay, he came back and said, “Yes, the ‘non +’ will work with the ‘+’ drone I already own. But DJI no longer sells this drone and has no controller to sell separately. So now I will try to track down someone with a remote for P4Pv2.

I own a P4Pro+v2 also. I was on hold with DJI about this. I asked if I bought the “non +” remote, would it work with my drone?
Okay, he came back and said, “Yes, the ‘non +’ will work with the ‘+’ drone I already own. But DJI no longer sells this drone and has no controller to sell separately. So now I will try to track down someone with a remote for P4Pv2.
Hi @DFerguson, you can use DJI Terra with the P4Pro+v2 for mapping and photogrammetry. The '+' controller is connected to your laptop which hosts the software for mission planning and execution. This can save you the cost of having to buy another controller.

Cheers
BG

I was thinking Terra was only for the RTK and higher end drones. Thanks BG, you made my day and set me on a new path!
Thank you!
Dave

I think I have one to sell. What’s it worth to you?

I am interested, but I would like to first check to see what software works with your remote, and what those programs cost for automation and reconstruction to deliverables.

I am frustrated with Terra so far. I've got today and tomorrow yet of my 30-day free trial for Terra, but so far, I haven't had a successful Terra mission. It has been a sharp learning curve. Yesterday, I had a "near" successful mission: Drone took off, attained mission altitude of 195ft (I'm in a runway glide path so I had to stay under 200ft), then went to the mission start point, and hovered. My controls were not responsive (I hadn't switched back from Terra control, to MY control in the program). I pressed the Home button and it complied, making a perfect landing from where it took off.

I tried the same mission again and that time it ascended to about three feet, then started a diagonal track towards the starting point of the mapping mission, fortunately stopping before my shop door. After reading a Terra tip, I brought my drone to 195ft and then enabled Terra control. Again, it went to the start point but instead of completing the mission, it proceded to decend, the program stating "exceeded maximum altitude" and resting to a hover about 5ft off the ground in a neighbor's front yard. My controls did nothing and I had to hand-land it along with emergency shut down on the remote.

In retrospect, I think I might have exceeded the max altitude just prior to turning it over to Terra, you see I live in a restricted zone near an airport so I have to file for waiver for any flight unless I drive somewhere else. It is very hard trying to get used to Terra and applying for waivers at the same time because of this. Hard when you can't even try a quick roof inspection on your own house to get some time in when you have to file a formal waiver. Anyway, I gave up for the day.

Today I am making some small one-roof missions to fly as the wind is low today. If I am still having problems by tomorrow, I will be interested in your controller. What automation software do you (or anyone willing to comment) u

Thanks

Dylan Gorman wrote on YouTube:

"do NOT get the "+" version as it is not supported by mapping software at all"

So, is he talking about DroneDeploy, Pix4D, GPS Essentials etc. ? I mean, even DJI Pilot App has some mapping features itself. I do not quiet understand his statement. Can anyone confirm this?
I am thinking about buying an old one from ebay and I wanted to use pre-processed .kml Pathways with different camera angles for mapping and photogrammetry. So mapping software would be essential.

I thought the only difference the + made was the display. Is this wrong?

And still today in 2023, the p4p v2 RC 300K (built in screen) will accept any 3rd party software.
I may be buying the 300L and a tablet to go with my p4p v2. Wished I'd known all this before I bought

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik