Does anyone know what's wrong with this brand new battery?

The flashing of the first bar indicates the battery is barely charged. It shouldn't have been shipped to you with such a low charge.

And it won't charge.

Is it a temp problem as indicated above which won't allow it to charge?

You might try turning the battery on and then immediately plug it into the charger to attempt to charge it. See if that will charge it.

If that doesn't work, you might try plugging it into the charger and then immediately try to turn the battery on. See if that will charge it.

It's possible the battery will need to be returned.

Last edited:
Reactions: gaz1969uk
Have you let it sit for a bit while plugged into charger? May need time to initiate charging.

I have tried doing all the things above to no result. It's def not a temp problem. It still blinks 12 times fast and then 3 times slow and then nothing. I haven't even inserted in my P4 yet.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Temperature sensor detected high temp or defective. Can you try to reset the protection error by pushing the button like you would do to switch on the battery when insered in the Phantom - but here NOT inserted. Then plug in the charging cable and the charge might be accepted.

PS : it is recommended to let cool down the battery after usage before charging again. Minimum 5 min.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a multitude of this same problem, I bought three batteries and placed them on a charger after opening. The first one never had any LED lights come on, the second and third had the problem described above. I have one blinking LED light but it will not charge. I did find out that that battery is still good in sorts after reading the manual. Holding the "On" button for 5 secs will give you the overall life of the battery. So in conclusion, I have one bad battery and 2 that will not charge but have good life. I hope that this is fixed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic