Does Adobe Premiere do proxies.

Reaction score
Google's filters won't let me get my answer. It keeps throwing up the answer for Adobe premiere Pro. Maybe in that fact, it has given me my answer. I was just looking for something more definitive.

Google's filters won't let me get my answer. It keeps throwing up the answer for Adobe premiere Pro. Maybe in that fact, it has given me my answer. I was just looking for something more definitive.
Have you figured out how to do proxies yet? I can show you if you still need help.

BTW are you using Adobe Premiere Elements or Adobe Premiere Pro,

Have you figured out how to do proxies yet? I can show you if you still need help.

BTW are you using Adobe Premiere Elements or Adobe Premiere Pro,
I'm using Adobe Elements. Just got a new computer. I'll be setting it up later on tonight. I will get back with you if I need to. Thanks.

Unfortunately Adobe Premiere elements does not have a specific proxy option like Premiere Pro, but I found this on the Adobe forum:

"Instead of a proxy system, Premiere Elements uses automatic internal previews that are created as media is added to the project. In effect you are working with copies or "proxies" as you edit."

If you can change the viewport settings to playback at half or quarter resolution, try that. I don't know if Adobe Premiere elements lets you do that, I only use Adobe Premiere Pro, and for me to edit 4K video on my computer I need to make proxies and then play everything back at quarter resolution, and if I apply effects I have to playback at 1/8 of a resolution. But since the viewport window is so small it really doesn't matter and it doesn't look like I'm losing much video quality.

After reading through the Adobe article again, it might be a good idea if you are editing lots of 4K footage to import the footage into your project and wait for an hour or two for Adobe Premiere elements to process the preview files for your footage. In effect that is what you would be doing in Adobe Premiere Pro in making proxies.

Reactions: WV. Rootman

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj