Do you trust DJI?

Reaction score
I want to trust DJI, they, for me, have always been solid. I pay but they give me more than I pay for. This month two P4P batteries failed on me. They replaced both of them. They did not have to, but they did. And this is not the first time. But all private companies exist to make profit, and governments are there to support them. We live in a time of dilemmas. The product they supply, for me, are ace. We all want to fly free again, wherever it is safe to do so.

I trust DJI as much as I trust people on this forum I never had a prob with DJI they alway fix my drones/goggles problems.The restrictions with our drones is from people who push the limit or do dumb things with there drones. I my self and my wife always do a flight check b4 flying so problems do occur nock on wood so far so good lol other than that we love our DJI drones from a mavic zoom/pro2 and my boys 2 sparks.

Id say when it comes to trusting DJI, there are 2 questions. Do you trust the company? And, do you trust their products? To answer the first question, I'd say they are as trustworthy as any other major company. I've had both good and bad experiences with their customer service but I can say that for any company. To answer the second question, Yes I trust their products. I have to admit I was very nervous flying my P3P for the first time. It was alot of money to trust to the air (and the electronics controlling everything) and that trust came very gradually. DJI does produce very reliable aircraft and mine has always come home safely. I've pushed it for testing purposes in weather as cold as -31c with zero issues. I do now fully trust my Phantom and I'd recommend a DJI product to anyone.

I don’t think about if I trust the Co as much as do I trust
the model I have at the time. Already know about DJI
and so far all mine I trust to react as they should.
Dont have time to concern myself with worrying about them
and all the theories on them. Life’s to short and aint got but so much time left to burn up the sky. ?

I don’t think about if I trust the Co as much as do I trust
the model I have at the time. Already know about DJI
and so far all mine I trust to react as they should.
Dont have time to concern myself with worrying about them
and all the theories on them. Life’s to short and aint got but so much time left to burn up the sky. [emoji3]

You'd have more time to fly if you weren't washing your dern pickup all the time.......making it rain..........rain even down here in Florida. [emoji299]️

Keep the mud. It's stylish. [emoji41]

I want to trust DJI, they, for me, have always been solid. I pay but they give me more than I pay for. This month two P4P batteries failed on me. They replaced both of them. They did not have to, but they did. And this is not the first time. But all private companies exist to make profit, and governments are there to support them. We live in a time of dilemmas. The product they supply, for me, are ace. We all want to fly free again, wherever it is safe to do so.
whats stopping you from flying your drone

Reactions: rattydude77
I don't trust any company. They are there to make money, and any "our mission" tab on their sites just lists some secondary motivations, which they sometimes never ever tried to pursue.

For companies which are bound by law to obey autocratic government, I can say more - I have unremovable distrust.

But I still love DJIs products. The hardware I get for the price is great. That is not a matter of trust, but a matter of value I get with the product.

Also, I like their CEO. Lack of trust doesn't block me from appreciating the path he took.

Yes 3rdof5 but in twenty years I have not seen storms like this in Perth.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Can I ask for advice if I can fly my Phantom in this?

Yes 3rdof5 but in twenty years I have not seen storms like this in Perth.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Can I ask for advice if I can fly my Phantom in this?
I wouldn't

I wouldn’t ether but let’s stay true to the topic guys.
Thanks. ?

I don't know. I tried to fly a test mission with GS Pro with my P4P Friday miles from Class D or C air space and was given erroneous air space warnings that wouldn't allow the bird to fly up past 10'. I would initiate the mission and the P4P would rise to 10' and GS Pro would pause (red pause button upper right corner). I WAS, however, able to fly waypoint test missions using third-party software.

I find that the further I distance myself from DJI products, firmware and software, and the more I hack the Nazi-ism out of my birds, the better my droning life becomes.

D

I'm glad you had a good experience with them, because mine have been horrendous. I purchased filters from them before a trip and once I used them I noticed they were flawed. I contacted them once I got back to my home country and started a long email thread back and forth. They requested pictures, videos, etc. Finally after countless back and forth emails and me providing them with everything they asked for they told me it was outside their 14 day policy so tough luck. Their filter literally is unusable. There is a defect line that is noticeable only if you look closely but the resulting footage is not useable. They tried to find every reason to deny responsibility. Why did they ask me for so much supporting documentation if they were ultimately going to enforce a 14 day rule about their defective product. Anyways I moved on to buy all of my accessories elsewhere.

You have been treated very disrespectfully; they should send you a new set with an apology.
From a general inspection with the naked eye it looks fine. It's only if you examine it really closely that you will see the issue, but obviously it gets magnified in your footage. I honestly can't believe they wouldn't take responsibility for this. IMO it's a manufacturer defect. It's not even something that failed that over time would not be covered by a warranty. It's an outright unusable product.

Attachments

• IMG_5006.JPG
    IMG_5006.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5007.JPG
    IMG_5007.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5008.JPG
    IMG_5008.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5011.JPG
    IMG_5011.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
From a general inspection with the naked eye it looks fine. It's only if you examine it really closely that you will see the issue, but obviously it gets magnified in your footage. I honestly can't believe they wouldn't take responsibility for this. IMO it's a manufacturer defect. It's not even something that failed that over time would not be covered by a warranty. It's an outright unusable product.
I can clearly see the flaw. And you are absolutely correct it was there from new. That can't be done purposely.

Trust? I guess that I have not seen much behavior that would cause me to mistrust them. I am a new Drone Pilot/Owner. I am amazed at the quality and value that I have gotten from DJI and my Mavic 2 Zoom. For me, my Drone is much more than I thought it would be. I have had one Service experience with DJI on a Phantom 3 that was given to me after the original owner crashed it on his Drone and his Maiden flight. Thier service was fast, and I was well informed as to the progress. In the end, the price was reasonable. They did return to me a refurbished, zero time Phantom 3 4K. I hope any future dealings with them goes as well.

Just to let you know rattydude77

Reply to DJI help desk.

I have passed on your offer to help. The customer has not replied. But thank you very much for your offer to help. Your offer to help was excellent. I thank you for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.