Do you really have to create a new user ID and profile to post to the new MavicPilots site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
It seems silly that I would have to have a whole new profile/user name/password to discuss the Mavic Pro. I've got enough user IDs and profiles to keep track of. The real silly part of it is that I plan on keeping my Phantom 4 and will continue to discuss Phantom flight too. Operationally these drones aren't going to be much different from each other. Why is this site set up to have separate profiles for each drone you are interested in?

Why not just setup a profile with the same username/password?

And just like that, I'm back to RCG. I don't understand why they did that, there's no benefit that I can think of. Just seems annoying to make a separate forum, specially that phantoms and mavics are anyway very similar. Whats next, phantom3pilots.com vs phantom4pilots.com?

Seriously, I think it's a mistake. Anyhow, as soon as this forum disappears (or if I'm getting censored) i'll just stop coming here... plus RCG has actual DJI employees replying, so meh.

Why not just setup a profile with the same username/password?
Because it makes no sense to have to do a separate log-in and to have to re-enter all my profile information and profile picture. I think forum members should be able to log in once and browse and discuss the drone of their choosing. Are they going to delete all of the users' Mavic posting history on the PhantomPilots forum? There's actually a thread where someone made a spreadheet and is tracking where people ordered Mavics from and when their Mavic arrives; will that be deleted?

Because it makes no sense to have to do a separate log-in and to have to re-enter all my profile information and profile picture.
There's probably some kind of technical limitation there preventing data from being shared across sites. Whatever the case, I'm thinking you're going to spend more time mulling it over in this thread than it would have taken you to create a new account over there. I did it today and it took about 2 minutes.

And just like that, I'm back to RCG. I don't understand why they did that, there's no benefit that I can think of. Just seems annoying to make a separate forum, specially that phantoms and mavics are anyway very similar. Whats next, phantom3pilots.com vs phantom4pilots.com?

Seriously, I think it's a mistake. Anyhow, as soon as this forum disappears (or if I'm getting censored) i'll just stop coming here... plus RCG has actual DJI employees replying, so meh.
Thanks. I just made an RCG account; looks like some good discussion.

Yeah though if we create separate sites for each product line, I understand the logic but rather have DJIPilots, YuneecPilots and so on as products from the same brand share functionalities and techniques. Now if someone wants to post his Mavic videos or ask DJI GO app related questions not necessarily specific to any product where should he go?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Don't know about any technical impediments regarding cross-membership but this fracturing and splintering based on product line is disappointing.

Nothing lasts forever.

There's probably some kind of technical limitation there preventing data from being shared across sites. Whatever the case, I'm thinking you're going to spend more time mulling it over in this thread than it would have taken you to create a new account over there. I did it today and it took about 2 minutes.

Don't be silly.

Creating a new site is not easier than a new sub-forum. There already was a Mavic sub-forum here.

This is all about $.

Creating a new site is not easier than a new sub-forum.
You lost me. When did I say it was? There was already a sub forum here first.

How many people are going to be flying both aircraft? It seems like most people are selling their Phantoms to buy a Mavic or buying a Mavic as their first serious aircraft. If that's true, a separate site makes better sense. I guess we'll see how it plays out though.

Thanks. I just made an RCG account; looks like some good discussion.
Enjoy that boondoggle of a site. :D

Don't be silly.
Creating a new site is not easier than a new sub-forum. There already was a Mavic sub-forum here.
This is all about $.
It has absolutely nothing to do with money and everything to do with the fact this is a Phantom forum, not a DJI forum. If anything it cost more, more domain cost, more server cost, more IT cost and more upkeep. The servers are always being upgraded to handle the demand. The IT guys have their hands full but they still do a phenomenal job. The Mavic is a big enough design change to warrant the new forum.
Besides, once you register your computer will remember your password & login so I am not sure why the beef?

And with that, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20