DO YOU BELIEVE THIS PIECE IS FOLDED AND DOES NOT SERVE?

Reaction score
15659271945781758823613736818036.jpg
15659272206714480277043935240370.jpg
15659272551408393819705211876858.jpg

Agree it looks totally offset,might be possible to put into a vice and gently bend with lots of care not to snap it,alloy very brittle otherwise get another,is that a replacement one,,it's poorly made.....and should add this is not folded,, it's a casting where alloy poured into moulds,,,,,well you ask,,was this what you wanted to know ?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FelipeAlvarez
Need a bit more information, is this from a new drone or one that has had a hard landing?? If it's new, send/take it back to the store and con Vince them you didn't prank it!!
As has been said, be VERY CAREFUL trying to straighten it as it is a casting and will break very easily?

Reactions: KachemakDiver
If you’re in a bind, what they said. But the components that make up the gimbal spine have the ductility of glass, making the probability of bending it back to form very low.. You can try to use it as is, just be sure none of the motors or ESC boards get hot trying to compensate for the off-vertical angle.

In the meantime, order one or two new ones. They’re cheap and plentiful, and are common casualties in a crash.

Last edited:
If you’re in a bind, what they said. But the components that make up the gimbal spine have the ductility of glass, making the probability of bending it back to form very low.. You can try to use it as, just be sure none of the motors or ESC boards get hot trying to compensate for the off-vertical angle.

In the meantime, order one or two new ones. They’re cheap and plentiful, and are common casualties in a crash.
I miss the error (gimbal motor overload), and it overheats when trying to stabilize. and thank you very much for your response, I will keep everything in mind.

Agree it looks totally offset,might be possible to put into a vice and gently bend with lots of care not to snap it,alloy very brittle otherwise get another,is that a replacement one,,it's poorly made.....and should add this is not folded,, it's a casting where alloy poured into moulds,,,,,well you ask,,was this what you wanted to know ?:)
I think I will buy the piece better, I know it will break easily when trying to straighten it. Thank you very much and your answers serve me :)

Ah, OK FelipeAlvarez, go for new! Good luck, and keep away from trees!
I presume you had the proper shock absorbers fitted - there's a picture in another thread of the camera attached by cable ties!!

Reactions: FelipeAlvarez
Ah, OK FelipeAlvarez, go for new! Good luck, and keep away from trees!
I presume you had the proper shock absorbers fitted - there's a picture in another thread of the camera attached by cable ties!!
yes of course I have 2 anti vibration kits, if necessary I would buy more of these rubber bands

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl