Do the labels on the motors make them unbalanced ?

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if the labels on the motors throws the balance off.
The other day, I installed Graupner E_Props, and removed the labels from the motors .

What a big difference it made ! I couldn't believe how smooth and quiet the Phantom was afterwards.
I should have done one thing at a time, to test, but it made sense that a label that doesn't encompass the entire circumference
would effect balance.

Eventually, I would like to set up a motor testing station with a laser pointer to balance them properly .
Any input on setups you guys use would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Anything on the motor will affect balance. To what degree? Unknown.
Remove the label and just mark with a felt tip pen of some kind.

I checked the Balance of my Factory Props, with My Hobart Prop Balancer, and they were Fine... after finding Motor Mount Cracks around all the Holes.....
From to Flimsy of a lower Body..... Installed CNC machined Motor Stiffeners....

The motors are balanced so it’s unlikely the label is an issue.

What labels? Mine doesn't have any... maybe I have a different model Phantom than you?

Sorry, I was referring to the motor mount supports. When there are cracks on the lower body at the motor mount screws locations,they need to supported in some way like installing the plates or replace the bottom shell.

Reactions: umanbean
Sorry, I was referring to the motor mount supports. When there are cracks on the lower body at the motor mount screws locations,they need to supported in some way like installing the plates or replace the bottom shell.
Yes, I understand your post. I was asking the OP what labels he was referring to on his motors. My p3p does not have any.

Sorry for the confusion, I should have quoted at least part of post #1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic