Do I need the PMU? (as shown in dii video)

Reaction score
Hey guys - I am in he process of installing the zenmuse h3-2d. watching DJI's video - #1 I've installed the upgrade kit, the video doesn't look like they are installing on an upgraded MC. #2 - It shows I have to solder the "PMU of Naza-M V2" on the circuit board. I don't have that! I was under the impression that all I needed was the upgrade kit and the Zenmuse H3-2D. I just want to make sure I don't screw this up!

You don't need the PMU or the Zenmuse modules if you've installed the Upgrade Kit. The upgrade kit save you 65 grams of weight by not needing those items plus the wiring connectors.

-Todd

Thanks Todd, so here's where I'm at (see picture)
1- Upgraded Board
2- Zenmuse H3-2d GCUv1 - attached to Power
3- 5 pin threaded through

Now I'm confused...

What about the big 4 pin? Does it Go somewhere? The DJI video is nothing like where I'm at.
Thanks so much for the advice!

phantom.jpg

azilk said:
Thanks Todd, so here's where I'm at (see picture)
1- Upgraded Board
2- Zenmuse H3-2d GCUv1 - attached to Power
3- 5 pin threaded through

Now I'm confused...

What about the big 4 pin? Does it Go somewhere? The DJI video is nothing like where I'm at.
Thanks so much for the advice!

phantom.jpg

I thought the updated board replaced the need for the GCUv1 unit entirely?

Since you installed the Upgrade Board, you need to remove the Zenmuse module. Just connect the black cable from the gimbal mount and plug it into the port on the board.

From your picture, it looks like you'll need to redirect the cable through the hole in the leg that's on the same side as where you currently have the gray cable plugged in. By the way, I just used the black cable since its longer than the gray one, making it easier to manipulate it around the other cables.

I hope this helps!

-Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

never mind - I figure it goes where I had the gray one. Duh. (thanks Todd for your help)

While on this subject, any experience on now plugging into the assistant? Will 2.16 take care of everything for me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.