DJI Upgrade kit replaces the need to buy the Naza M V2 PMU?

Ksc

Reaction score
I'm new to the board and new to the Phantom and a little confused. If I buy the new Upgrade Kit that DJI just came out with, do I still need to buy the Naza M V2 PMU to get the Zenmuse to work correctly? Or does the Upgrade Kit mean that all I buy is that and the Zenmuse?

Re: DJI Upgrade kit replaces the need to buy the Naza M V2 P

Ksc said:
I'm new to the board and new to the Phantom and a little confused. If I buy the new Upgrade Kit that DJI just came out with, do I still need to buy the Naza M V2 PMU to get the Zenmuse to work correctly? Or does the Upgrade Kit mean that all I buy is that and the Zenmuse?
All you buy is the Zen.

E

Does that also mean that the "upgrade kit" is a cheaper alternative to the PMU if I want to run the OSD?

mroberts said:
Does that also mean that the "upgrade kit" is a cheaper alternative to the PMU if I want to run the OSD?

That's kind of the question, I guess. I haven't seen anything from DJI, but someone on RCGroups reported that DJI Germany emailed and told them you could plug the iOSD into the GPS port on the upgrade board and then plug the GPS into the iOSD, since they were all CAN BUS connectors in disguise. I haven't seen anything "more official" on that (e.g., in a manual or other documentation from DJI), though.

If you wanted to use the iOSD mini (or MKII) as well as the new BT module, in theory you'd need a CAN BUS hub from DJI as well as some kind of cable that would connect the normal "clip" style CAN BUS connector on one end with the "tab" connector that's on the upgrade board GPS port.

But as I said, all unconfirmed by documentation at this point as far as I know.

Anyone add mini iosd to phantom?

MrMediaGuy said:
mroberts said:

That's kind of the question, I guess. I haven't seen anything from DJI, but someone on RCGroups reported that DJI Germany emailed and told them you could plug the iOSD into the GPS port on the upgrade board and then plug the GPS into the iOSD, since they were all CAN BUS connectors in disguise. I haven't seen anything "more official" on that (e.g., in a manual or other documentation from DJI), though.

If you wanted to use the iOSD mini (or MKII) as well as the new BT module, in theory you'd need a CAN BUS hub from DJI as well as some kind of cable that would connect the normal "clip" style CAN BUS connector on one end with the "tab" connector that's on the upgrade board GPS port.

But as I said, all unconfirmed by documentation at this point as far as I know.

They can not be seriously selling all these units (iOSD mini and BTU) and are completely incompatible with the upgraded Phantom board?!?!

Has anyone got the iOSD mini working with just the upgrade kit by doing what MrMediaGuy suggested?

A number of people have gotten it working. There are numerous reports that soldering is fairly delicate though, so it seems worth practicing to get your technique down.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic