DJI SUPPORT, medicine worse than sickness...

Reaction score
Dear DJI owners and users,
Very shortly, I have (had; dead now), a P2V+ with wifi live feed failure. I went into DJI's survey where offered repair under warranty exclusively for drones sold in the U.S.A..
I live in South America, but do businesses in the U.S.A.. Then bought drone in FL.
My drone could fly and take images and videos but without live view.
I filled the survey and then they sent me courier label for free shipping from FL to CA. I applied because my conditions fitted with requirements.
I was instructed by DJI's support team member to send all as original except batteries.
I have packaged the drone in original box with extreme protections. Then I sent by courier from my home city to Miami where was resent to CA by DJI's contracted courier.
I took photos of box with parts before sending.
DJI returned my drone repaired by courier to Miami, in my original box, without any kind of protections, (just drone, parts sent, lens without cover, gimbal without bracket, with missing parts, my optional led strip destroyed, drone body hitted and scratched, with a package of new drone body stickers, as gift...
Now, no photos, no videos, no fly. Destroyed.
Two months in messaging between DJI and me. I have investigated step by step all the transportation and processing. It is good to say that the courier used companies are the most worldwide popular and serious. DJI has images of what they supposed to get, but until now they could not show me images or videos about packaging and shipping conditions. Sending and bringing back the drone from South America costed me some hundreds. DJI asked me to talk by phone, not by email. They could not call me then I called them and resulted nothing. No answer for my problem.
After a long serie of messaging they ask me to send drone again so the engineers will check it. More hundreds from my pocket. Adding all I spent, I can buy a new drone.
No doubt that DJI is good product. But behind that, technical support is the same shame than ever. People are kind. But support is null.
DJI is one of the top worldwide. But they are very limited while others have improved their products and with an excellent tech support. It is a big point to consider before buying a DJI.
For me, good bye DJI.
Regards,
Christian Larson
All my evidences are available under request.

I am sorry to hear this, and agree the weak link is their customer support.

I have learned a lot about "DJI Support" with my recent DOA controller on a P4 Vr 2.0. Lot of pressure on my end, finally got the ball rolling. This is more store/refund focused.

I have found that for tech support, this forum and it's various members are invaluable. Also the formal DJI forum can also be helpful. You may need to PM one of the DJI members who frequent that forum, but they do respond with ideas and possible fixes.

What I have learned is to go slow on firmware and or app updates, as is true with most new technology.

Paul Caldwell

Dear Paul,
Thank you very much for your reply and sharing your experience.
I hope someone from DJI management read these forums and take actions to solve the bad service they give normally.
As said, DJI products are good. But they are burning the brand and tiring the clients.
In the past, they were alone in the top of the drones market. But not today. I am tired of them. I will not go with DJI again.
Best regards,
Christian Larson

Hi Christian,

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you are having with DJI Support.
My experience with DJI Support has been very good.
A year ago, I purchased a Phantom 4 from an authorized DJI dealer and had flown the aircraft for about 4 months before experiencing a problem.

My aircraft would not successfully download updates to its firmware.
When I got a DJI tech rep on the phone, they attempted to trouble shoot and they had me try various things to solve the problem.

Nothing worked.

So, they asked me to send my Phantom 4 to their repair facility in California.

I boxed the Phantom 4 up in its original packaging and included my purchase documentation and sent it to them via UPS.
It arrived in a week.......they got back to me shortly afterwards, telling me that DJI technicians were looking at it.

2 days later, I was sent an email from DJI saying my Phantom 4 was deemed unrepairable and I would be sent a new one.
Prior to them sending me the replacement, the new one was completely checked over and I had the new one in a week.

That was in late October of last year.

Since then, my Phantom 4 has performed very well in a variety of conditions.

So, I guess I pass my experience on to everyone out there so that there are examples where DJI Customer Support has done very well.

I do hope your situation gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Nobody likes to be grounded and not have an aircraft to fly.

Good luck!

Reactions: Daasmangi
Hello Hendricks,
Thank you so much for your reply and sharing your good experience.
I have known many cases of lucky DJI customers like you. But much more about frustrated customers like my case.
There are some other companies manufacturer of UAV that are very popular because their good and expedite technical support.
Drones are machines. So they are exposed to have failures or malfunctions. Electronics and softwares are the most warranty claim causes of problems. Always. But when you have a good tech support and responses from manufacturer, you feel good and safe. You don't loose your time sending and receiving arguments to avoid their responsibility on the warranty if it correspond.
Even more, this warranty was exclusively applied to USA sold drones. Why? What about other countries customers who got their wifi modules damaged, because of a DJI issue?
We, the customers, are investing more than one thousand dollars which is still a big important amount, at least in my case.
My drone was damaged first by their firmware. Secondly by a lack of normal procedures and instead of satisfying my efforts and investments, they look for the most convenient way for them not for me, the client.
I appreciate your time to share with me.
Regards,
Christian Larson.

I wish you the best in getting your problem resolved.

Did you reach DJI Technical Support by telephone?

I found their people in California to be very good.

When they could not help me over the telephone, they quickly suggested that I send my Phantom 4 to them via UPS.

Between the time I experienced my problem to contacting them to trouble shooting to sending my drone to them and then getting it back.....the whole time frame was 3 weeks.

That's not bad.

Thank you so much.
I Tried everything. More than two months now, until I finished it. They have closed my case. Its "Game Over".
I think you have been one of those few lucky customers.
If you reed reviews in different forums, most of them head up to same issue; bad service.
Have a nice week end!
Regards,
Christian Larson

Hi Christian,

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you are having with DJI Support.
My experience with DJI Support has been very good.
A year ago, I purchased a Phantom 4 from an authorized DJI dealer and had flown the aircraft for about 4 months before experiencing a problem.

My aircraft would not successfully download updates to its firmware.
When I got a DJI tech rep on the phone, they attempted to trouble shoot and they had me try various things to solve the problem.

Nothing worked.

So, they asked me to send my Phantom 4 to their repair facility in California.

I boxed the Phantom 4 up in its original packaging and included my purchase documentation and sent it to them via UPS.
It arrived in a week.......they got back to me shortly afterwards, telling me that DJI technicians were looking at it.

2 days later, I was sent an email from DJI saying my Phantom 4 was deemed unrepairable and I would be sent a new one.
Prior to them sending me the replacement, the new one was completely checked over and I had the new one in a week.

That was in late October of last year.

Since then, my Phantom 4 has performed very well in a variety of conditions.

So, I guess I pass my experience on to everyone out there so that there are examples where DJI Customer Support has done very well.

I do hope your situation gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Nobody likes to be grounded and not have an aircraft to fly.

Good luck!

Yes I’ve also had great results with DJI here in Australia. Do you have DJI Care refresh? Because I’ve had 2 replacement Mavics so far.. I’ve just go myself a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian..
Cheers
Daasmangi
Esperance, Western Australia.

Dear Daasmangi ,
Thank you very much for your note sharing your experience and your time.
It seems that I was chosen to have a bad experience.
Up to now, DJI can not demonstrate how they have packed my drone. It have arrived as described. No damages reports during shipment. Not a good luck then...
As per different forums, always a common mind have been not a good service. Other companies, are well known because of a good support.
Best regards,
Christian Larson

Dear Daasmangi ,
Thank you very much for your note sharing your experience and your time.
It seems that I was chosen to have a bad experience.
Up to now, DJI can not demonstrate how they have packed my drone. It have arrived as described. No damages reports during shipment. Not a good luck then...
As per different forums, always a common mind have been not a good service. Other companies, are well known because of a good support.
Best regards,
Christian Larson

Hi Christian,
Sorry to hear about that! I kept my original package that my drone came in and have used the same package each time I sent it for repairs. With DJI Care refresh they pay for the freight and even the labeling. They do charge a small fee for each repair but it nothing compared to a brand new drone they replace it with..
Cheers
Daasmangi

Dear Daasmangi,
Thanks again.
I also have all original box and packages of the drone. With them I've sent it to DJI. With the same box it was sent back to me, but drone and all parts loosen inside without any protection. Even lens cover and gimbal bracket not installed properly.
IMG_9258.JPG

So I sent.

IMG_9925.JPG

so I got it. Also this original box inside a bigger cardboard box...
Thank you very much for your support.
Regards,
Christian Larson.

Dear Daasmangi,
Thanks again.
I also have all original box and packages of the drone. With them I've sent it to DJI. With the same box it was sent back to me, but drone and all parts loosen inside without any protection. Even lens cover and gimbal bracket not installed properly.View attachment 99314
So I sent.

View attachment 99315

Regards,
Christian Larson.

Hi Christian
What happened to the foam packing that you bought the Phantom in? That’s just the outside box that the foam box sits in.
Cheers
Daasmangi

Dear Daasmangi,
Thanks again.
I also have all original box and packages of the drone. With them I've sent it to DJI. With the same box it was sent back to me, but drone and all parts loosen inside without any protection. Even lens cover and gimbal bracket not installed properly.View attachment 99314
So I sent.

View attachment 99315

Regards,
Christian Larson.

IMG_1528110323.109901.jpg

This box

Dear Daasmangi,
P2V+ came in that white box with a cardboard sitting inside por each part. I only kept original white box. Drone was always packed in a special baggage with Foam.
This time I was instructed by DJI support to send everything except batteries in its original box. So I prepared special packing with air bubbles wrapping for each part.
They returned back all parts except two new sets of propellers, loosen inside my original box. No any protection or packing devices. No lens cover nor gimbal bracket installed.
Thanks.
Regards.
Christian Larson.

Dear Daasmangi,
P2V+ came in that white box with a cardboard sitting inside por each part. I only kept original white box. Drone was always packed in a special baggage with Foam.
This time I was instructed by DJI support to send everything except batteries in its original box. So I prepared special packing with air bubbles wrapping for each part.
They returned back all parts except two new sets of propellers, loosen inside my original box. No any protection or packing devices. No lens cover nor gimbal bracket installed.
Thanks.
Regards.
Christian Larson.

Hi Christian
Do you know who the repairer was? Usually DJI sends it to one of their contractors. I think you need to put a complaint into DJI about it.. you should be able to make a phone call and talk to someone about it.
Cheers
Daasmangi

Dear Daasmangi,
Thank you very much for your time and support on my big problem. I have had many similar problems with Chinese companies, with all my respect for them... Very bad problems. Very expensive all them. I am importer of photography equipment. Australia, England, NZ, and some others, are different in their laws and mind which makes the respect higher.
DJI has a different attitude in the USA. See... DJI P2V+ live feed issue, only had warranty in the USA. The problem was caused by DJI hardware error and or firmware error which affected all the P2V+ worldwide. Why only warranted in the USA?
I spent 1,300 us$. Here means 3.7 times minimum basic monthly salary. DJI have a very smart business to create nice and good products. But they forget that DJI users are humans, not robots. They do not have the feeling of spending a lot of money to get a good product. But good product is not all. The support is all the main rest. They do not have a real human support. We, the customers, are "case numbers". Just that. "Think Big" before spending your money. "Hard to come, easy go".
Thanks.
Regards,
Christian Larson

I never had to deal with so called DJI Support and thats the way its going to stay.

I hope so Alan...
Thank you for sharing your time with us.
Regards,
Christian Larson

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z