DJI Soon to Force a Firmware Update in Your Quad

Reaction score
The info is in the link below. Personally I think this is a good move on DJI's part. I fill like this help from keep something from happening that we don't to see happen. Like take something extremely major away from what we have now.

I also think as a website, we should exploit anyone that knowingly breaks that are being put in place. People getting drunk and flying a quad around the White House, and these recent video's of people flying into Airports is uncalled for!

Btw, don't forget, this will come as a forced update. Most likely the next time you connect your quad to the assistant.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34103

I agree that we as responsible fliers should do everything we can to expose or come down on anyone who operates one of these unsafely. I also think we need to increase public awareness that these few cases were caused because some idiot chose to be irresponsible and that the VAST majority take the hobby very seriously and are adamitly against anyone who abuses their flying privlage.
The public also needs to know that they can rest assured that people are not spying on them and that it would be extremely difficult to do so given the sound and camera limitations of these things. I think the majority of the public believe that we can fly at 1000ft out of site and film them in their living room like some CIA agent.

I rather DJI update these limitations with software instead of govenrment making laws against drones.

Now I have to fly my custom, non dji, tricopter in DC when I go this summer. Aggravating.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1