DJI Repair - Excellent for me

Reaction score
Over time, a lot has been written about problems with DJI repair. I wanted to relay what I consider to have been a good experience. I have a Phantom 4Pro, which is 7 years old. Has mostly performed well, but this spring, I began to notice an increasing "jello effect." It progressed to the degree that I could not work around it anymore. I contacted DJI service, and they first requested that I perform a calibration of the gimbal and the IMU. I updated the firmware, and the gimbal calibration process froze at the 50% level, even with multiple tries. I could not perform an IMU calibration. They asked me to send it in for repair or replacement, and they sent a repair label. After 2 days, they came back to me with a list of parts that needed repair, and they asked for $350. I thought this was reasonable. Except for prop replacements, I have had zero maintenance/repair expenses with the machine. So paying 5% of the original purchase price.

Two days later, the package arrived, and they replaced the Phantom 4 with a brand new one (as best as I can tell). The Controller was also new. They immediately followed up by email and phone to ask if the unit was working. It took a couple of days for me to get to it. And, Yes, the replacement works perfectly.

So, my experience is a one-off, but I was frankly impressed! The only part that was hard, was to get hold of them in the first place! Otherwise, the whole process took 10 days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnemeth