DJI Repair center is a joke!!!!

Reaction score
I was recently getting ready to take off my phantom 4 pro, I looked and there were 15 satellites connected and the home point was updated. The weather conditions were perfect. As I started up the drone I let it hover for a while, all of the sudden it takes off at 40mph straight forward completely out of control. There was nothing I could do about it. I see on the screen right as the drone crashes into a tree.
Angry with DJI and the product malfunction I sent the bird to the repair center. Two weeks later they send me a $400 repair fee in the mail. Furiously I call DJI and tell them that it was not my fault and plus my drone had the warranty, they told me it was all my fault and the drone was faultless.

I don't know what you guys think I should do in this pickle. Thank you

I was recently getting ready to take off my phantom 4 pro, I looked and there were 15 satellites connected and the home point was updated. The weather conditions were perfect. As I started up the drone I let it hover for a while, all of the sudden it takes off at 40mph straight forward completely out of control. There was nothing I could do about it. I see on the screen right as the drone crashes into a tree.
Angry with DJI and the product malfunction I sent the bird to the repair center. Two weeks later they send me a $400 repair fee in the mail. Furiously I call DJI and tell them that it was not my fault and plus my drone had the warranty, they told me it was all my fault and the drone was faultless.

What did THEY say was the cause/your fault?

Have you posted on their forum and has one of their C.S. reps responded? Might help to post your CA- xxx service number when you do so they can look it up. However, you are at their mercy too.

I don't suppose you kept the .TXT log file? That would be a great help.

Not that it helps now, but what does your RC stick calibration show if you still have the RC with you? I recall one update and the sticks were showing blue lines coming out of them prior to me doing the calibration which turned them back to black (Neutral position.) and no blue radials. Could be that would cause it to take off to who knows where.

I quoted the post.... yes, it should be faultlesS

Not that it helps now, but what does your RC stick calibration show if you still have the RC with you? I recall one update and the sticks were showing blue lines coming out of them prior to me doing the calibration which turned them back to black (Neutral position.) and no blue radials. Could be that would cause it to take off to who knows where.

Sadly I sent the controller to DJI so I'm at their mercy now

If you have an iOS device then you can access it via iTunes under Device/Apps (go way down) and transfer the flight logs. Upload the last one.
If you have an Android device then connect to your PC and located the DJI files and flightlog.

Upload the .TXT to both: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I went all the way down in ITunes and I don't see any flight logs? Could you screenshot what you mean? Thanks

My experience with DJI so far I can soundly say they are the biggest POS company with a ton of clueless dumbazz worthless waste of skin humans to roam the planet.... Oh wait maybe I am getting carried away..... deep breath.... nope still think DJI tech support team are crap!!

My experience with DJI so far I can soundly say they are the biggest POS company with a ton of clueless dumbazz worthless waste of skin humans to roam the planet.... Oh wait maybe I am getting carried away..... deep breath.... nope still think DJI tech support team are crap!!

I couldn't agree with you more. They make me want to sue them and go on an all out rampage. Hopefully I can call tomorrow and ask to speak with the supervisor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers