DJI Pilot app not working after Firmware update [SOLVED]

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got my P3 today, charged everything up, tested everything PRIOR to updating the firmware and it was perfect. Went ahead and updated the firmware, and now the DJI Pilot app won't display anything in camera mode.

I updated the firmware on both the controller and P3 to v1.1.8, and am using Android V1.1.0 for the Pilot App. I am using a Galaxy S4. Also USB debugging is on.

The pilot app shows "disconnected" despite both the phantom and the controller being on.

I don't know what the issue could be. ;/

Make sure the USB cable (controller-tablet) is securely connected

Checked. Unplugged and tightly replugged.

I tried loading the firmware back onto the SD card and run it again, and the files on the SD card say aborted because the firmware is up to date.

When I have the S4 plugged in but black screened, and I turn on the P3 controller, the S4 lights up and says connected and charging. Yet the Pilot app still won't show the P3 camera.

It looks like I might need to re-link the controller and Phantom, but I can't find anywhere online that tells me how to do so.

edit: maybe not. Both the phantom 3 and controller are showing green lights, meaning they should be linked

Can you control the gimble
With the controller?

Yeah I can tilt side to side with the control stick or use gimbal tilt up and down

Restart your phone. Turn on controller. Plug in usb. Then open app. Then power up the bird. Hope it helps.

For me the pilot app must not be running in the background when you turn on the controller.

Restart your phone. Turn on controller. Plug in usb. Then open app. Then power up the bird. Hope it helps.

Dunno what about that did the trick, but you really saved me here.

Did exactly what you said and it started right up. Thanks a ton!

Wahoo! Awesome! Pilot app has to be closed when you turn the controller on. Glad i could help.

I feel like it worked successfully before when I had the app open and then turned everything on, but I could definitely be wrong.

I'll keep the tip in mind, and thanks again!

Wahoo! Awesome! Pilot app has to be closed when you turn the controller on. Glad i could help.

Well done Coldfire, better results here than when calling DJI directly.
The only response generally given by those folks is that the quad will probably need to be sent in for further evaluation and or repair.

Forums such as this are worth their weight in Gold. ;)

Thanks Skynet. This is my first Phantom. So I am a noob. But I encountered this issue myself after a update. I've needed my share of help here and I'm happy I can give back any way I can. 8)

Reactions: TnHwyman
I feel like it worked successfully before when I had the app open and then turned everything on, but I could definitely be wrong.

I'll keep the tip in mind, and thanks again!
Yes, I had encountered the same issue other day when never did before with my phone, I booted things in the order u stated and bingo, it worked ! So others who has this issue may need to boot things in proper sequence and then it may work !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic