DJI Phantom - Radio Range

I always fly my fc40 in atti mode the whole time.

What happens if it goes out of range in atti?

Hello Rustysd

The return to home function will trigger like in GPS mode.

The GPS is always active (GPS, ATTI or Manual mode) but only "Engaged" in GPS mode...

So you can fly ATTI mode without worries!

Have a good day!

Fred

Thanks, Fred! I find it hard to believe - but then again I still can't believe this awesome vehicle even exists in the first place !

MadeInMaine said:
Hey everyone,

I am a newb, and this may be an easy answer... but...

1. why do people talk about not flying too high? what is the difference between flying a long ways away horizontally vs. vertically?

2. how do you know how far or how high you go? Is there a way to track your trip?

3. If you fly out of range, with the stock DJI Phantom, will the fail safe kick in, and will it automatically return to "home", as long in GPS mode of course.

Thanks in advance

Owen

1. You can fly as high as your battery will take you, however it is not advisable to go more than 400ft high, due to regulations, and common sense. You also have to be a bit more careful with your controller antenna position if you fly directly above you.
I regularly fly higher than 2500ft, but I have a mountain in my back yard.

2. you can track your trip either with a DJI iOSD mini with FPV setup or use a Flytrex tracker attached to your Phantom.

3. Yes, thats the idea. You go out of range and Failsafe will engage and fly your phantom to the takeoff point (providing you got GPS lock before taking off of course....

Guys, I have a P2V+ with the stock radio that I've been flying for about 2 weeks now. Can someone please tell me how to adjust the factory default range? Also, will it adversely affect the RTH feature?

Peace

The defaults can't be changed hence the word default.

But if adjustments are needed for your regular flying areas then use the vision assistant from a pc.

It will give you a warning message stating they don't recommend adjusting any default settings but click on agree and continue.

It will not affect your return to home features or failsafes. You can change the system to a specific failsafe method in the assistant program.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers