DJI Phantom 4 Carbon Fiber Props vs Original Plastic

Reaction score
How many of you suggest carbon fiber props for the Phantom 4, why, and if so which carbon fiber props are suggested for the Phantom 4 in your opinions?

Use the search in Forums as this subject has been debated often, as far as I'm concerned there is no advantages with carbon props only disadvantages. OEM props are very good, I have been flying my original props for over 16 months and over 1000 miles with no issues.

Last edited:
There are too many reports of the so called carbon fibre (mist are only faux CF) props failing in flight to suggest they have any advantage other than looking good. The standard DJI offerings for the P4 are carbon impregnated nylon and seem very reliable.

I was watching the recent Ken Heron Live YT video, and he mentioned the CF were dangerous, anyone know why ?

A
I was watching the recent Ken Heron Live YT video, and he mentioned the CF were dangerous, anyone know why ?
Think of a steel blade vs plastic picnic cutlery as an analogy.... The less obvious potential oroblem is that shattering on impact with a solid object can cause broken pieces becoming a projectile.

Has anyone seen any proof of the blades actually being more dangerous?

Carbon Fiber blades will increase flight time by 30 minutes, increase speed to 100mph and also allow the Phantom to fly 7 miles out and back.

Carbon Fiber blades will increase flight time by 30 minutes, increase speed to 100mph and also allow the Phantom to fly 7 miles out and back.

Not True!! I was only able to get up to 97mph and 6.5 miles out. You are such an exaggerator tcope.

What did you have in mind? You will find plenty if you search.
Well anything can shatter if hitting a hard object, plastic, carbon and carbon /plastic mix,
there are always the myths started by someone who doesn't like change and the like,
So I wondered if anyone had real world experience of this , as there are many members on the forum I thought maybe a few had real experience of these dangers,

I have spent many years on Forums and things get said and the sheep just follow, I just asked for some real proof,

so in conclusion, if I dont crash the carbon are safe ?

Use the site search feature.
Stick with DJI OEM props.

Reactions: With The Birds
Well anything can shatter if hitting a hard object, plastic, carbon and carbon /plastic mix,
there are always the myths started by someone who doesn't like change and the like,
So I wondered if anyone had real world experience of this , as there are many members on the forum I thought maybe a few had real experience of these dangers,

I have spent many years on Forums and things get said and the sheep just follow, I just asked for some real proof,

so in conclusion, if I dont crash the carbon are safe ?
No. You have more chance of crashing due to prop failure running the so called carbon fibre aftermarket offerings. Even true CF can have issues, this was particularly evident with the non composite hub thread arrangement on some types offered for the P3.

As to the potential for physical harm I did a search for you, try this Here's what can happen when a drone propeller hits a slab of meat

I can tell you from direct experience CF Heli blades cause far more damage than glass fibre or timber.

There was a YouTube video of someone who was hand catching his Quad with CF blades that cut his arm pretty badly.

My son bought CF blades for his P2 and it flew horribly. It was because they were obviously not balanced which means going to CF will mean greater attention to balancing. Typically, OEM blades work out of the box.

Geo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic