DJI Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
Hello people of PhantomPilots.

This is my first post here and I would just firstly like to say that I have never owned a DJI drone before.

I am looking into buying one and I found this used Phantom 3 Standard drone in our country's website for used things (similar to e-bay, but my country is a lot smaller, that's why we don't have our official e-bay), but back to the main point I contacted the owner and he said that he flew the drone into a tree and crashed it.

He said that drone is 2 years old (he doesn't have the receipt, but he has everything else - box, extra pair of propellers, stickers and charger). He said that after the crash the drone's camera and gimbal were damaged, so he sold them - (the drone is without the camera) - I added pictures to the post.

He claims he never opened the drone and that the only thing he did to it was take off the camera and gimbal.
He is also selling a lot other DJI drones (Phantom 4 and Phantom 3 Pro, but they are both in perfect condition).

He also said that everything except the camera (which is obviously missing) is perfectly working and that I am free to test the drone before purchase.

He said that last price for the drone is 100euros (123$).
Link (it's in my native language, but you can see it):
Phantom 3 standard

My question is where can I buy the camera for the drone I found the gimbal on e-bay link:
Pro Gimbal Camera Roll Arm Motor Kit Fits for DJI Phantom 3 Pro/Adv Drone | eBay

Can I install a GoPro on the drone and have a normal gimbal and still be a bled to see live capture on my phone?

And my last question do you guys think it's worth it and is it risky? I am decent with tech stuff (I mean I am sure I could install a gimbal with camera on the drone, and I don't care if the housing is damaged a bit as long as the drone works perfectly.

In advance thank you all for your help!

Best regards,
Vid

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 343
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 308
First of all thank you for the reply.
Well in my country one that works costs around 400euros (used)... That one works, just the camera is not on it... And it's 300euros less that's 25% of the price of a used Phantom 3 standard.

You would have more fun if you buy Mavic or P3P or P4P. Mavic are compact drones where as P4Ps are great drones.

I have noticed that P3S are bought by users who just want to have fun in a field and they either drop out or if they want to continue plan to buy Higher versions.

If you are a serious drone flyer, I don’t think P3S is the right toy for you.

You would have more fun if you buy Mavic or P3P or P4P. Mavic are compact drones where as P4Ps are great drones.

I have noticed that P3S are bought by users who just want to have fun in a field and they either drop out or if they want to continue plan to buy Higher versions.

If you are a serious drone flyer, I don’t think P3S is the right toy for you.

Thank you for your reply! :)
Well since it's really cheap I will probably go for that P3S and buy a gimble for GoPro or buy the full camera with gimble. I never really flown a professional/advanced drone. I mean I did fly some Chinese quad copters, but that's about it I am not really in the Drone world yet, but one day I want to be :).

I think P3S will be a great starting drone for me to explore the functions and to get used to it. Once I will want a better one I will just sell the P3S probably even with profit if I will repair it and if hopefully everything will be functional and the seller won't scam me...

Once again thank you for the insight!

Best regards,
Vid

Vid. If I may. The eBay post you show in your post is for the roll arm only. To buy a complete gimbal and camera unit will cost you over $200.00 + U.S. I don’t know if you can even attach a GoPro to a phantom3s. I see there are cracks around at least one motor mount as well. Perhaps best to save your money and buy a complete drone when you’ve saved enough. You may be disappointed with this one. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Vid. If I may. The eBay post you show in your post is for the roll arm only. To buy a complete gimbal and camera unit will cost you over $200.00 + U.S. I don’t know if you can even attach a GoPro to a phantom3s. I see there are cracks around at least one motor mount as well. Perhaps best to save your money and buy a complete drone when you’ve saved enough. You may be disappointed with this one. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Yes there are cracks around the motor, but do you think this is a big problem? I mean it's only the housing right? There are gimbal mounts for GoPro on E-bay. I can get the Phantom 3 camera with damaged gimbal for 100euros, and if I buy the gimbal from E-bay it should be ok right? Just my main question is are the Phantom 3 and Phantom 3 camera same and will one fit on another?

Best regards,
Vid

Try to buy one at ebay.de (Germany). If you take some time you will find a used P3S for about €250,- and a used P3P for €400,-.

P3C.jpg

You have to pay for a camera around €200,-. After you fixed all the problems then you have a second hand P3S with cracks for €300,-. Believe me, that isn't a good deal.

Last edited:
Vid.
I just had another look at the pictures you posted. I see more problems besides the cracks in the arm. There appears to be a broken screw in one of the gimble mounting holes and two screws missing from each arm where the motors attach. Not sure why these would have been removed.
As for the arm cracks. The motor is mounted directly to the arm, so the cracks can be an issue. They can be repaired, but you are starting out with a drone that needs expensive repairs (the gimble and camera) plus the cracks in the arm and having to remove that small remanent of screw. I would be hesitant to purchase, unless you want the challenge and expense of making this drone fully functional again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers