DJI Phantom 3 Retractable Landing Gear

nice mod man, i think youre about to get alot of people in trouble with their significant others. me included. thats definiely one of the more heavily modded p3' that i've seen out
Thanks bro! It's pretty dayaaam cool. :)

I like it, it's on sale for $159. There is another maker the hml350 that I've seen two versions of, one metal or aluminium I should say, and the other with abs plastic, one is 82G and the other 53g respectably. I really don't think 2oz adds that much weight, I also would have to see evidence that widening the antenna in horizontal attitude lowers signal strength. I'm not saying it doesn't, but just the same it could actually make it better. Without real world tests I just don't know. By the way these newer kits are $72-$78 eBay.
Now the bad thing about these kits it are they actually for the P3p/A? They say they are, but so do other things on eBay that clearly are not but state they are. The other thing I personally don't like is ability to control the hml350 with the PAF switch, this kit is automatic and is said to be user set, from manufacturer they are said to be at 5m, to be sure 5ft sounds better to me as I fly low sometimes but 15' might be a Better choice. I just can't find any video or install directions to see the harness connection points and final kits "ergonomics" and fit quality. On top of the added (less then) 2oz weight gain, there is a constant pull on the battery for the servos to stay "locked" . Some type of system that didn't pull constantly would be ideal, use springs and a notch or something a servo could overtake once switched or something.

Thanks for the input. I have send my lAnding gear a few times while filming polocross. Some time I had to move fast. Not sure if I'm going to make it a regular thing so I'll hold off for a bit or maybe get another P3P and have one with and one without .
Watch the Inspire prices. With the 2 coming soon people are dumping used Inspire 1's on the market. Then you get retractable gear and a 360 camera.

Watch the Inspire prices. With the 2 coming soon people are dumping used Inspire 1's on the market. Then you get retractable gear and a 360 camera.
Dumping but not even close enough in price to make me interested. Typically electronics value drops in half after one year, unless it is so old like Atari that is become a collectible. It is hard to purchase something that is old from DJI, knowing that the market and updates are coming so fast. The question will be. Are parts still available or will they still be available 6 mos from now? That is one thing to think about when that new model comes out, will I still be able to get parts in 12 mos for the one I have? Just a thought

Dumping but not even close enough in price to make me interested. Typically electronics value drops in half after one year, unless it is so old like Atari that is become a collectible. It is hard to purchase something that is old from DJI, knowing that the market and updates are coming so fast. The question will be. Are parts still available or will they still be available 6 mos from now? That is one thing to think about when that new model comes out, will I still be able to get parts in 12 mos for the one I have? Just a thought
Probably. The Inspires are pretty popular. I would imagine that there are enough parts floating around (so to speak) for a couple of years - enough to make them collectors items on their own.

Inspire price hasn't likely bottom. It probably won't until DJI actually announces and makes noises to ship the 2. One interesting thing I've noticed about P3s is the price has not really bottomed out. The P4 looks to be a bid of dud - not a bad device, but one that isn't inspiring (sorry) a whole bunch of P3 owners to dump their craft. It will be interesting to see if the new Inspire does the same.

Personally, I'm holding out for a much better camera on the Inspire 2. Then again, I'd like a pony....

It just looks cool honestly I always see that pic of the phantom with no landing gear(no gimbal/camera) and I like the thought but then wonder why?

It does look cool but think of the protection the fixed gear provides in case of a crash..it COULD save your camera

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj