dji phantom 2 vision, what would you do?

Reaction score
so i bought this dji phantom 2 vision, it was very cheap. 55€ with post included.

the seller told me that the battery is faulty, he tried to fix the battery problem, but he couldn't.

he told me too that he tried the drone with a different battery and the motors turn's on, he was able to control the drone 100%, only at the start the drone raises a little fast until he control it.

when he put a different battery, and press the button the drone starts at the first attempt.

so, today i did the first tests. the battery when i press the button, it show's me some led's. when i connect it to the drone, i press the button and it give's me some leds to (i think its the battery checker), when i try to start the drone it was very dificult to the drone give's me some sound feedback with this faulty battery(i need to press the button a lot of times until he starts). but when it starts and give's me sound, some leds are turned off (the drone have heavy marks of use and some cracks so, some lights of the drone are faulty)

when i open the dji phantom 2 vision assistant, the app tell me that not dji intelligent battery. i saw some internet videos that show's a dji phantom 2 visition battery's moded. its possible to do that with this?

so i have a question, what you would do with that? i only have the drone with the faulty battery and i need to buy the remote control, a new battery, battery charger, etc.

so... if was you, and with little money to invest, what you would to? wich modification would you make?

which modification its the best to me to get a good battery and battery charger cheaper than the original?

i have a dji phantom 1, but i saw that the remote control doens't work. but i will receive in a few days some "TURNIGY 2200MAH 3S 20C LIPO PACK"

2hy89pd.jpg

33vm3bb.jpg

2gwtdfk.jpg

2s7di7d.jpg

ohs7ra.jpg

jue3v9.jpg

21b86y9.png

thanks

First off, you turn on the battery with a quick short press of the button followed by a long press of the button. However, a damaged Lithium Ion battery is a very dangerous thing that can burst into flames due to a chemical reaction and can burn down your house. My advice would be to get rid of the battery, sell the parts that are good, and save up for a new drone because it sounds like you will be investing a lot into getting this one flying again. This is not an inexpensive hobby, and trying to go the cheap batteries and charger route may create bigger problems in my opinion.

Hello Jopher,
Although I agree with MapMaker53 ( above ) unless you are experienced in Lipo-tech, I'd stay away from the ( MODS )! As it can be very dangerous and can cause bodily injury ( see YouTube on Lipo failure, it is very violent, and fast, burning at high temps! ) almost scary!

Ok
MODS
I personally believe, in ONLY doing Mods if you need them, to do it just to do it, makes no sense, and add possibilities for further problem!
This being said , parts for the vision crafts have come way down in price, including batteries!

Now you need to make a decision:
For a working used p2v with everything and an extra battery, runs around $300-350us. ( nice, clean, used one )
So
Take what you already got into it ( $ ), plus you know you'll need a controller ( Tx ), ( phone holder if not included, and Range extender if not included, these attatched to Tx ) a Battery or 2, and a charger! ( also a USB to mini USB data cable, and micro SD card ) if the TOTAL price EXCEEDS the $ 300-350 price mark ( you may want to part it out or sell it for parts? And buy a working used one! )

Now if price is less, it is worth fixing!
Plus you'll learn a lot about it in doing so!

I'd be glad to help you, all the way through, nothing is hard with the right advice and direction,
From me or another ( friend or member ) who has experience fixing and building them! There are a BUNCH of us, and most to all are willing to help, if your willing to listen!

So make your choice, and let me know!
I'll be here!

Here is your list
1) Tx ( 5.8Ghz )
( your p1 is 2.4Ghz and won't work )
2) Authentic DJI battery for P2 ( any model will work ) p2, p2v, and p2v+! ( 11.1vdc )
( as stated above stay away from aftermarket Batteries, only brings more problems )
3) DJI p2 battery charger
4) USB to mini USB DATA cable
( must be DATA cable not charging only cable )
5) micro SD card ( 4gb-32gb ) will work ( under 4gb is just too small for video )
If your Tx does not come with these, you'll also need
6) phone holder for Tx
7) Range extender ( for wifi video link )
( re500 or re700 both will work 700 is better )

Now I've seen used p2 5.8Ghz Tx for free to $60
( try to find a dial wheel version if possible )
Some come with phone holder and range extender
I think $75 or less for a used all parts included Tx is fair price!
Ok
Tx alone ( $35 )
Range extender ( $ 35 )
Phone holder ( $8 )
Good fair market value!
Batteries ( vary greatly ) but if you can find 2 under $100, that still have good life, you are doing good!
Charger ( don't spend over $30 ) $20 is fair
Data cable ( Walmart ) can be cheap one
SD CARD ( Walmart ) can be cheap one, but find a better than cheap one, trust me!

Now
There are several members here who might offer you free stuff, or cheap items IF YOU ASK!

Post in classifieds section, new P2 owner, need help finding these items,
Explain your story, and what you need, and you might get all parts cheap or free! Someone might have all items you need for a good price? I can also supply you some stuff for free!

Gather items needed, and let me know how it goes, and I'll see what I have to help you out, finding any missing items, I have MANY friends, all willing to help!

Just reply back what you want to do!

Hope this helps
J Dot
:cool:

thanks for the answer's.
i saw some videos and it's amazing and very dangerous what happen with the Lithium battery. i have to get rid of the battery very fast. and because of what i saw, i have a question, were did everyone put the batterys? in a special box?

i already wanted to buy a drone a long time ago to make some videos, but the money was short until i saw the oportunity to buy one cheap.

at first i bought the dji phantom 1, the drone with the remote controller and one battery, i had a few problems with it, but then i reinstalled the software, i did some flights, and i loved!!
then, i bought 3x TURNIGY 2200MAH 3S 20C LIPO PACK (i'm still waiting for the batteries arrive at my home) and i bought too the adapter for dual battery from china (i'm still waiting)
i dont have any gimbal so i put a old phone filming at the drone, the image was very bad, but i liked very much. but the time is very short...
last week i saw this dji phantom 2 vision at a very good price, and i bought it. i didn't know what to expect of it, but i saw at the internet that i can connect a phone to the drone. (i think at dji phantom 1 i can't do that).
here at my country (portugal), i saw:
controller: 35€
dji battery: between 40€ and 50€ for used battery
dji battery charger: between 25€ and 35€.
range extender: 65€ here, and 42€ from ebay.
re500 : 90€ aprox from ebay.
and still missing the camera and gimbal...

i think if i put a better battery, a gimbal , fvp, at my dji phantom 1, i get a good drone, but the price for the upgrade its too much...

then i can buy this stuff for the dji phantom 2, but the price of the battery and charger its to much...

at this moment i dont know what to do! ehehe

i appreciate your help, and i will love to get some help, some cheap or free parts, but i'm from portugal (i saw at the classifieds everything in dollars, so i supose that everyone is from USA) and i think it will take a lot of time and money for send and receive some item's. they can go to the customs services here and need to pay more. i'm at the moment that at the drone world everything its new for me and i want to try, to test, etc etc.
i would like to fix the drone, but thinking about numbers, like you said the easy way its to buy a used one because this have heavy marks of use, and it can have some problems that i didn't saw.

but i dont know... tell me what you think.

I understand,
First,
Our members are from EVERY COUNTRY! Including yours!
Guys and girls both, young and distinguished ( lol ), you name it!

P1
I'd install your new batteries, and just enjoy flying it, with no camera, as to become a better pilot, and test yourself with it!
( flying front forward, left forward, right forward, and finally rear forward ) like flying BACKWARDS only the whole flight! But in the end, you will be prepared for any situation!

Then make the p2v your project craft!
Getting a piece or 2 at a time, then when you have all parts, get it going!

But up to you,
I would still reach out to classifieds, asking if any locals could provide parts,for sale or trade, maybe even free?

It is a great hobby, and most get upset when a fellow pilot is grounded, due to parts, crash, or whatever! I have gotten great help, parts ( bought and free ) , assistance, and piece of mind! From my friends here!

Plus you might meet some friends close by to go flying together? A few buddies and me meet on sundays, from racing drones, planes, helicopters, and dji products. Does not matter your Toy, it's about a bunch of pilots, having a great time together, sharing stories, and best part, FLYING!
Also fun to show off your new stuff between meets! Things from parts, batteries, even new crafts! It's a LOT of fun!

But with the P2v
( the camera egg is the most expensive part, )
Without it, might not be worth trying to fix?
Unless you come across a cheap one, or another broken craft with camera unit attatched for cheap

You might want to try to sell or trade it, plus anything else you don't want or use anymore, to earn the money for a working used craft!

I bought one a year ago ( the plus model ( p2v+ ) ) $80,
( guy I met in hobby shop buying a new ( not DJI ) drone, ) he asked if I liked drones, I told him YES SIR, I have a phantom 2 vision at home, and LOVE IT!, he told me, he bought a plus, but unfortunately, he was color blind, and could not see the light colors, and would I be interested in it, for $80, I asked why only $80, he said it's not about the money, just wanted to find it a good home, and the $80 was so I appreciated it, he said if it were free, someone would just take it cause it was free, but not appreciate it, or take care of it! So I bought it! And he was happy I did! I still have, and fly it!

So you NEVER know, good deals are out there, you just have to be patient!
I'm still glad to help, if you decide to get it going!

Can you take some detailed pics of the craft, closeup if possible? I'd like to see the shell top/bottom, each arm bottom, motors, circuitry, wiring, etc! Whatever you can take and post!

To see if anything is missing, broken, or all is in order?

J Dot
:cool:

i see you love and like a lot this world of drones!

some images of my dji phantom 1:
350t2iw.jpg

293j3mq.jpg

2ef3nn6.jpg

108bew2.jpg

35m400w.jpg

and some images of my dji phantom 2 vision that i took yesterday:
2efl4dl.jpg

when is finding the satellites, it only gives me one yellow light.
11gn2j7.jpg

k0hv76.jpg

rj4661.jpg

oh6yon.jpg

11vt99t.jpg

2zpp3l1.jpg

14w3wb6.jpg

2ajnog4.jpg

szvcjb.jpg

this black wired pins are a little bend, i dont know if its normal or not.
23vf9d2.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik