dji phantom 1 camera question

Reaction score
hello, i have got a dji phantom 1. i'm looking for a cheap gimbal and camera. while i was searching at the adverts in my country, i find out that one person was selling the camera with gymbal from dji phantom 2 vision +.

so my question is, this camera and gymbal for dji phantom 2 vision + will work at my dji phantom 1? its easy to connect? and its a good camera and gymbal?
thanks

I don’t think that camera will work with a P1 but my thought would be use a GoPro as best choice, however I am an expert. Not sure their are the proper connections for a P2V camera.
Best of luck on your project.

Get a Walkera G2D gimbal and an SJCAM. Thats what I use on my FC40, but I also run an OSD and separate FPV setup for flying. Not sure how far you are willing to go with your project but that is where I would go to get the most out of it.

Not sure what you paid for the phantom one, but consider that plus the amount of money you have to put into the remaining items to get to where you want. Also consider the amount of flight time with the phantom 1 is about eight minutes, take the flight time is the amount of money so you might want to consider a phantom 3 standard which I had before I sold it, that gives you at least 18 minutes flight time.

It may not be so easy for him to buy a P3 standard it depends where he is located but a lot of the additions can be bought cheap.

thanks for the answers. i'm new at this world of drones. but i was dreaming to buy my first one already a some time.

i bought the dji phantom 1 at 135€.

a few days ago i bought 3 batterys "TURNIGY 2200MAH 3S 20C LIPO PACK" at 6,87€ each. + delivery.

i'm thinking to buy this: "DJI Phantom Quadcopter Extended Dual Battery Glass Fiber Mount with Wiring Cable" from ebay, 5€

i dont have a lot of money to spent at this hobby, i dont have a gimbal and i dont have a action camera.

at my first flights i put my old galaxy s4 with an adapter in the drone for see where i was in a different way. of course the image was very bad and i was not seeing at a screen, but i'm still learning.

the drone have got a small screen when i connect the battery, this give me the voltages, and when the drone have got low battery, this ggives me sound.

have got "Desst dji receiver DR16 2.4G "

red naza but with version 4.06.

outside the drone have got led V-sen, this gives me some leds and i can connect the cable there.

so.... any advices? and wich additions can i buy cheap.? thanks

Here are some additions:

N1 OSD - you will have to open up the quad and solder to get power
1.2 or 2.4 GHZ video transmitter and receiver - I bought Boscam try Ebay, Amazon, HobbyKing, or Banggood
monitor - you can use a phantom battery to power it.
Walkera gimbal - plastic is lighter and does not add to weight
SJCam or any knockoff brand that has good video quality.

You can search and find these options relatively cheap I comparison shop a lot. I will take pictures and post my setup again

Here are some additions:

N1 OSD - you will have to open up the quad and solder to get power
1.2 or 2.4 GHZ video transmitter and receiver - I bought Boscam try Ebay, Amazon, HobbyKing, or Banggood
SJCam or any knockoff brand that has good video quality.

You can search and find these options relatively cheap I comparison shop a lot. I will take pictures and post my setup again

thanks for the answer. at banggood:
N1 OSD------- 19,11€
Eachine TS832 RC832 Boscam 5,8G 48CH 600mW FPV Transmissor Receptor Combo AV VTX RX Conjunto 7.4-16V-------22,59€
monitor------ i think i can use the mobile phone.
walkera gimbal-----55,61€
SJCAM-----Action Cam SJ4000 SJCAM WiFi-----60€

total price: 157,31€

i think its to much for me right now... at my country i can buy a used dji phantom 2 between 250€, and 300€, or a dji phantom 3 between 300€ and 400€ with the original gimbal camera.

i would love to make some aerial videos, but i think the price i can spent at dji phantom 1 with this upgrades, or buy a dji phantom 3, its better a phantom 3.

at this moment i'm out of money, so the upgrades i can do, they need to be very cheap,

but i would love to see the pictures you are saying
thanks

Here are pictures of my primary flier. Parts are cheaper here, but you can find parts cheap from vendors to accomplish what you want, but it will take some searching. The easiest thing to do would be to get a P3. I understand why a lot of people would choose this route but there are some of us who would rather learn to do upgrades or build their own. I'm removing the shell from one of my phantoms and doing a custom F450 just to tinker with it and see what I can do with it.

back.jpg
backrem.jpg
front.jpg
frontrem.jpg

Last edited:
its amazing what you did. how far you can fly the drone? do you have some videos at internet? thanks

I use the phantom now mostly for taking aerial photos for my wife she does graphics design. I use her GoPro for those shoots. I can swap out most cameras that size for different purposes. There is a second camera for FPV attached to the video transmitter. I have gone out almost 3 miles while testing the range of the video transmitter and different antenna setups. I did not post any videos on youtube but here is a pic from my friend's farm where I was testing.
JFarm.jpg

Reactions: Newbieguy
its very nice.

but i have a question, you recomend this:
"N1 OSD - you will have to open up the quad and solder to get power
SJCam or any knockoff brand that has good video quality."

but this is for video right?

and what you use to go 3miles away? or the drone can go so far away with no modification? thanks

its very nice.

but i have a question, you recomend this:
"N1 OSD - you will have to open up the quad and solder to get power
SJCam or any knockoff brand that has good video quality."

but this is for video right?

and what you use to go 3miles away? or the drone can go so far away with no modification? thanks

Please disregard what I said for the video transmitter frequency. I keep thinking you have an FC40 like I do. You would need a 5.8 GHZ video transmitter for your setup. Those are cheaper for some reason than the 2.4 GHZ. The video transmitter I bought is 500mw which is rated out to 4KM, however I did not get anywhere near that until I changed out the antennas. Also, I got the furthest distance out in a rural area, not at home which I think has more interference.

I modified the remote controller so I could change the antennas to be able to get that range. If you notice the pic of the remote it has a white blade antenna. That one for some reason has the best range for me.

I modified the battery door and I use a Multistar 4000 mah battery from HobbyKing. They are only $19.96 each
Multistar High Capacity 4000mAh 3S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack

All of the upgrades would end up costing more that buying a P3, but there are some advantages. I like that the batteries are much cheaper than DJI's proprietary batteries and I feel as though I have many options in terms of upgrades. I am planning on buying another quadcopter from DJI, but I will have to use it for work so it will be a significant upgrade.

If it were an FC40, it would have a 5.8 GHZ remote control. On the bottom of the remote control should tell you the frequency. If its a 2.4 GHZ it should say DJ6 on the remote. Your phantom appears to be a first generation phantom 1 with a V-sen module attached. I have not seen one of those used after the NAZA V2 came out. The v-sen module basically tell you the status of your drone with lights like gps and battery. The NAZA V2 has all of the features already.

Model:NDJ6
EIRP <20dBm
working frequency 2.404-2.476Ghz
working current <100mA

the battery its inside of the remote control.

Yep, that is definitely a P1 so in your situation you would need 5 GHZ for video which is very common. Again, based on what you wanted at minimum you would need a gimbal, OSD, Video transmitter, monitor, and camera that you would use for FPV and taking pictures. I think you should consider your options and then make a decision.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20