DJI Osmo

Will you buy one?

• Total voters
You're not getting it. That was done with an iPhone 6s NOT the Plus! The 6s has no stabilisation.

Incorrect, watch it again.
The camera in the iPhone is impressive, but it is not meant to replace action cams, nor is it ever going to be as smooth as a GoPro on a gimbal.
Nor is a phone meant to be mounted anywhere on the exterior of a car. I don't seem to understand your point. Are you saying iPhones will make GoPros obsolete? They won't.

From what I've read, the iPhone 6 Plus had OIS for photos, not video. But the iPhone 6s Plus has OIS for both video and photo. I haven't tried it, or seen saples yet, so I can't say how good the video OIS is.

I tried out the Feiyu G3 a few weeks ago, and wasn't impressed. I'm sorta new to video, even though I'm a sports photographer. I ended up returning it after I used it.

Feiyu G3 on Amazon

If I can do this correctly, here is the video from when I used the G3. Again, please remember I am NOT a video guy, so I am learning...

Reactions: pchin2
From what I've read, the iPhone 6 Plus had OIS for photos, not video. But the iPhone 6s Plus has OIS for both video and photo. I haven't tried it, or seen saples yet, so I can't say how good the video OIS is.

I tried out the Feiyu G3 a few weeks ago, and wasn't impressed. I'm sorta new to video, even though I'm a sports photographer. I ended up returning it after I used it.

Feiyu G3 on Amazon

If I can do this correctly, here is the video from when I used the G3. Again, please remember I am NOT a video guy, so I am learning...

Is the video footage straight out from the camera without editing? Color is vivid, I like it. :)

Maybe your expectations are too high... In what ways did you think the gimbal fell short? Try shooting with a Gopro in your hand/on a grip and it will be terrible compared to gimbal footage.

That said, I see 2 issues in your video. First, footstep wobble is very pronounced. This is common with handheld gimbals like this. To remedy, you need to walk smoothly and deliberately. Second, there seem to be small vibrations in the video. This might be because of hand shake or because of gimbal settings. It is probably fixable in Warp Stabilizer in Premiere. Video takes a lot more work than photo.

Reactions: fly_it and pchin2
To remedy, you need to walk smoothly and deliberately. Second, there seem to be small vibrations in the video. This might be because of hand shake or because of gimbal settings. It is probably fixable in Warp Stabilizer in Premiere. Video takes a lot more work than photo.

My walking steps are terrible & certainly need to practice the ninja walk. :D

I wonder if they'll create an Osmo section. I'd love it. I ordered mine from DJI a few weeks ago, it shipped on Friday and I just got word it left Memphis enroute to Austin--FedEx priority delivery by tomorrow (Monday) by 10:30 AM. Can't wait to check it out!!! Kind of amazing it gets here in 3 days... Thanks DJI.

I wonder if they'll create an Osmo section. I'd love it. I ordered mine from DJI a few weeks ago, it shipped on Friday and I just got word it left Memphis enroute to Austin--FedEx priority delivery by tomorrow (Monday) by 10:30 AM. Can't wait to check it out!!! Kind of amazing it gets here in 3 days... Thanks DJI.
If ya ask one of the Mod's and there's enough interest in a Osmo section they might can get Jacob to make one LT :)
I know what your gonna dream about tonight ;)

If ya ask one of the Mod's and there's enough interest in a Osmo section they might can get Jacob to make one LT :)
I know what your gonna dream about tonight ;)

I'm interested in having an Osmo section.

I ordered one already too, but not expecting to get it for a few more weeks according to customer service.

Actually, I'll more likely be dreaming about our new boat that gets delivered Wednesday. Looks just like this on, except has a red stripe, but I'll take photos and videos....
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445818550.444897.jpg

Actually, I'll more likely be dreaming about our new boat that gets delivered Wednesday. Looks just like this on, except has a red stripe, but I'll take photos and videos....

You ain't sleeping for days!! lol... :)

Actually, I'll more likely be dreaming about our new boat that gets delivered Wednesday. Looks just like this on, except has a red stripe.View attachment 34239
Lucky you bro :)
And I'll ask @LuvMyTJ to look into that fly_it . Don't know if they will but never hurts to ask and TJ luv's it when I ask him stuff :D

After almost a month of waiting for my Osmo and accessories from my prompt order directly with DJI. I have found that they are all available just down the road at my local camera store, for the same price. Picking up tomorrow.

To DJI's credit they refunded my money ASAP, but they have had it for almost a month. Used the excuse that as I ordered accessories I had to wait due to the demand. Well I speculate that as they had my cash they were more interested in supplying other markets.

I'll not make the mistake of ordering directly from them again.

So how's everyone and the Osmo? I actually just placed an order for one. All the reviews and video's I've seen look awesome. I wanted one to add to my arsenal.

Regdawg, how do you like your Osmo?
I just placed an order for one..

I like it, although I dont find myself using it as often as I thought I would be. Its not really a "ready to go" at any moment device like a DSLR is or might even say a gopro. Dont get me wrong though the footage it takes is awesome. They just released the z-axis add-on so you lose the up and down movement while walking which is great but good luck getting your hands on one right now. I believe they re so behind in orders it can take a month out for an order to get received. They also released other power options but unless you have a P3 or inspire (I have a P2), your SOL which sucks. For me its a great addition to my arsenal but its not my go-to shooter like I thought it would be.

Why not "ready to go" ???

To me "ready to go" means pick it up, flip it on and your ready to shoot like any DSLR or camcorder. The osmo isn't really that. The huge thing about it is with me, although you can shoot without the app you will be shooting blindly like a gopro. If you don't use the app you just have to learn the framing distance like a gopro. It takes a little bit of time to connect the app to the Osmo and the app itself (I'm on android, not sure about Apple) I've instances where it froze on me. When the app works its great though. Its just you need the app to make any kinda of adjustments during your shooting. Not trying to discourage you from liking the Osmo, it has its flaws of course, however at the same time it is an awesome tool to use. If I'm shooting a wedding or a birthday party...I'll use the Osmo definitely but its not something thats going to take the place of situations a gopro is used for. They are 2 different camera's I know but I'm just saying the Osmo is not as rugged. You have to be very careful physically with it. Unless you have a stand or tripod with you at all times, for example, you can't put the Osmo down you always have to hold it in your hand.

Just some tips....get extra batteries (cheap on amazon for aftermarket). Also try to find a bigger case that can carry all your accessories. I have the Nanuk 910 with customizable foam. You can also get the case on amazon.

Attachments

• 20160411_044017.jpg
    20160411_044017.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 435
Reactions: NotARubicon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues