DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

Mori55 said:
Yesterday after I upgradeD everything worked fine got the low battery RTH pop up message. Today it doesn't pop up just the red border and horn I have RTH checked for low battery. Any ideas?
Also in ground station I can only see standard maps not sat view. I cached them in sat view. Is this normal ?
So any one else having this problem with the pop up message not showing up ?

ddublu said:
Any advice for a non-functioning gimbal swivel after the update?
I had this happen on a privies update once. I calibrated X1 several times with no joy. I power cycled the Phantom retried and it just started responding... I was 2 seconds away from calling DJI. You may have already tried this but power cycle, recalibrate the controller, then recalibrate X1. Hope it works for you.

ddublu said:
Any advice for a non-functioning gimbal swivel after the update?

I've not tried it, but others were saying you need to re-calibrate the X1 in the RC assistant first, then in the Assistant. One person reported having to do this a couple of times before it took.

??? On the new battery level bar on the top of the ap is that low much time you have all together or till its down to the low battery RTH? Was just out flying on a brand spanking new battery and when It was saying I had 10 mins left. I had 78% charge still in the battery when i looked in the naza and the actual amount of Mah's showing and cell volts were right for the 78%.

then I took it out for another quick flight and when I was landing it said I had 6 mins but still have 48% of my battery left and so the bar seems to be off by a bit. Unless its counting down to when its time till it goes in to RTH and leaving time to get back.

ProfessorStein said:
I fire up the motors and rise to about 5 feet to test all control responses, then look around me to spot the highest obstacle I can see in the area, accend straight up to about that height, and reset my home point. Then I know if I ever need RTH (or, now I guess, if the Phantom goes into low battery recall), I'll clear everything in the area.

I was under the impression (throughout the last couple of days) that, when in RTH mode, the P2 ascends to the highest elevation during it's flight. For instance:

If I start flight at 50', go up to 100', drop down to 10', go up to 75', and activate RTH, it will rise to 100' (step #2, it's highest point) and stay there until it's descent over home base. This would make A LOT of sense, considering that the P2 just makes a straight line back to home and doesn't know what obstacles of height are around. If this is true, I *need* to start my flights off at a high point and then drop down to whatever from now on.

I am currently unable to test this for another day or two.

ddublu said:
Thanks, folks. My X1 switch isnt moving the gimbal at all. Very strange. Anyone else experiencing that? I saw a post on page 10 but haven't heard anything else about it and don't think I saw resolution.

Have you used the Phantom2-Tool.Exe program to trick the Phantom 2 into using the X1 slider? I know I had to or else the Android app was the only way to tilt the gimbal, rather than the 7th channel slider I installed on the back of my transmitter.

EricT said:
Have you used the Phantom2-Tool.Exe program to trick the Phantom 2 into using the X1 slider? I know I had to or else the Android app was the only way to tilt the gimbal, rather than the 7th channel slider I installed on the back of my transmitter.

Does this work with 3.06?

Unless something has drastically changed that I missed, RTH always rises to 60' (or, officially, 20 meters... since DJI is metric ;-) ) above the elevation of the home point. This is also as it's described in my version of the User Guide (though, that doesn't mean much since the guide has been known to be wrong in some instances, and may also have been updated since I printed it out). In fact, if I remember, if my Phantom was ABOVE 60', it actually DEscended.

But, AFAIK, it does NOT track highest altitude as you described. You would need to reset the home point while in flight for it to do that.

You have me curious, though, I'll definitely check it out, too, when I get home.

AnselA said:
EricT said:

Does this work with 3.06?

I am not sure as I am running v2.0 at the present time. I do know that when I updated to v2.0, I had to revert back to the X1 channel being controlled by the Android app, and after installing v2.0, rerun that tool to trick the Phantom into thinking it was a Phantom1 in order to use my 7th channel slider.

ProfessorStein said:
You have me curious, though, I'll definitely check it out, too, when I get home.

I completely understand the logic of the +60', and can appreciate that! :)

I always fly line-of-sight and rarely RTH. When I do, it's to demonstrate the fact that it comes home. I've always wanted to "test" this theory that was introduced to me (albeit, by a P1 owner and crasher), however I never had the opportunity to. I wish I did, because my #1 P2V+ is now being a caterpillar somewhere because of a flight path shift and low elevation during (non demonstrated) RTH issue. #2 should be arriving for the weekend.

In fact, if I remember, if my Phantom was ABOVE 60', it actually DEscended.

Hum that would not be to cool. I havent got to test it all out yet on the vision but the fc40 if above 20 meters it will just stay at how ever high up it is and then start to come home and not descend till its over the home point. or if below 20 meters when it goes in to rth it goes up then comes home and lands.

But that would be way way way uncool of it did that cause there is one evil tree a few blocks away from me that is about 80 feet tall and I actually once when My fc40 got out of my site ended up in a spot that the tree was right in its path and It happened to get stuck up in that evil tree 20 meters up. and being trees seem to have that evil power that they can jump in the way of a moving phantom or suck one in towards it. I hope the hell that if its high enough to clear it if it ever goes in to rth and drops down lower it could happen again. It's a very cunning trickster that evil tree is i tell you. I know its just bideing its time till it can grab my vision again. If the rth descends Im going to have to find a work around or find a way to make a sound suppressor for my chain saw SO the owners of the house dont hear me cutting down there gigantic maple tree some night. lol

I just downloaded the MAC firmware v3.06 but every time I try to open it I get a message that says, "Phantom quit unexpectedly. Click reopen to open the application again." When I click on "Reopen" the same message just keeps popping up so I do not get any further. Any ideas?

J.James said:
In fact, if I remember, if my Phantom was ABOVE 60', it actually DEscended.

Hum that would not be to cool. I havent got to test it all out yet on the vision but the fc40 if above 20 meters it will just stay at how ever high up it is and then start to come home and not descend till its over the home point. or if below 20 meters when it goes in to rth it goes up then comes home and lands.

Yeah... the more I think about it... I'm probably not remembering the descending correctly. But... all the more reason to test this stuff out before it happens.
I'm guessing your Phantom didn't rise up to the highest elevation you'd flown at during that flight, though. Still relatively sure they don't do that.

Now about that tree ;) Does the FC40 allow you to reset your home point in flight, like the Visions do? That'd certainly be prime example of a use case for that.

Yeah... the more I think about it... I'm probably not remembering the descending correctly. But... all the more reason to test this stuff out before it happens.
I'm guessing your Phantom didn't rise up to the highest elevation you'd flown at during that flight, though. Still relatively sure they don't do that.

No on the fc40 it atleast never rose up any inless it was below 20 meters.

Now about that tree ;) Does the FC40 allow you to reset your home point in flight, like the Visions do? That'd certainly be prime example of a use case for that.

Yes it does allow me to reset the home point with the s2 switch. and I have done that a few times. But mostly I just try to fly 100 feet or more up or if I lose track of it and need to put it in to fail safe and not sure of my height I just hit the left stick for a few seconds to make sure it shoots up to a nice height before flipping in to fs or turning off the tx.

Lenny7118 said:
What do we do with this page for the Mounting ? I have a P2V+

Same question here for Phantom 2

AVL58

H3-3D gimbal

Hero 3 black

Any numbers someone can share please?

Or do we just hit "Default" in assistant and the software figures out what's onboard?

Phantom2Captain said:
I just downloaded the MAC firmware v3.06 but every time I try to open it I get a message that says, "Phantom quit unexpectedly. Click reopen to open the application again." When I click on "Reopen" the same message just keeps popping up so I do not get any further. Any ideas?

Have you downloaded the new Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.2? I downloaded this today on my Mac and had no issues updating to 3.06.

DesertFlyer53 said:
Phantom2Captain said:

Have you downloaded the new Phantom 2 Assistant Software v3.2? I downloaded this today on my Mac and had no issues updating to 3.06.

Yes, I mistakenly put v3.06 in my message but I actually meant v3.2. Every time I try to open it that's the message that keeps popping up so I'm trying to determine the cause.

Phantom2Captain said:
DesertFlyer53 said:
Phantom2Captain said:

Yes, I mistakenly put v3.06 in my message but I actually meant v3.2. Every time I try to open it that's the message that keeps popping up so I'm trying to determine the cause.

I read somewhere that it doesn't play nice with 10.6? please correct me if I'm wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT