DJI GS Pro is out.

I got it earlier this evening. It made a point to say it was for iPad only. I am new to Apple but wonder if it won't show up in the app store if you are not on a iPad.

Sent from my XT1097 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Correct. Gmack callously and heartlessly forgot to mention that. ;). It doesn't show up in the App Store on my phone but does on my Ipad.

It says coming soon for the Phantom 4/4 Pro. Looks like the Phantom 3 series may be all that it will work for at the moment.

82a0cc58148eacc8549a4f4e2536f364.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
If I define different heights for each waypoint, will my phantom change the height in a linear function during the travel between the waypoints or will it first go to the wp and then change the height? Same question regarding camera Orientation. Manual tells nothing about that.

Hello everyone, newbie here.

I downloaded the DJI GS PRO early this morning. ( iTunes store/apps.) I'll try it out this morning. Has anyone had any problems having both apps on the same device?

I have litchi on a android tablet and have been using it. It is good to see DJI on top of things.

Ciao,

TK

I just laid out a basic mission, and it seems to be missing a lot of features I can't find. Ability to mess with drone behavior at each individual waypoint like litchi ....../got More playing around to do with it.....

If I define different heights for each waypoint, will my phantom change the height in a linear function during the travel between the waypoints or will it first go to the wp and then change the height? Same question regarding camera Orientation. Manual tells nothing about that.

It handles aircraft/camera orientation heading and altitude changes gradually from one waypoint to another. That is, if you ask to rotate the Camera/Aircraft 180 deg from waypoint 1 (0 deg) to waypoint 2 (180 deg), you will see the camera slew along the flightpath so by the time you reach Waypoint 2, the camera has reached it's programmed heading (180 deg) for that waypoint. Same thing for altitude. If you need to make adjustments along the way (camera pointing, altitude changes), then you add more waypoints to do so.

So, I've flown 6 missions so far in the past two days, and it's worked flawlessly, no glitches using my P4P. It is new, so it has shortcomings, which we should soon see improvements on. I don't like that my flights are not logged to the Go App, even if I have it up and running on my iPad. Also, it seems to stop/slow down at waypoints that have no taskings except to change course, i.e. following a curve on a road. There are no camera adjustments available at this time, at least for P4P. I preset these on my Go App, then brought up GS Pro to run the mission. I do like that I can build missions off-line, however, you can't pre-run them on a simulator to test your settings so you should double/triple-check your settings before you launch your drone. Start gradual, then venture out. I have surveys missions and POI/variable heading missions loaded for tomorrow.

Oh, and if you have enough battery left after 1 mission, you can call up a 2nd mission, and send it on it's way, or you can reverse the first mission and run the course backwards, etc. If you can't finish a mission due to low battery, it will remember what WP it left the course to Return To Home.

I'll keep playing with Autopilot but this one has potential and should improve with time.

F-4Driver, thanks you for your comments. I can confirm the gradual change between waypoints since I flew a test mission meanwhile which worked fine. Camera adjustments are available for my P2A (if you meand angle, direction etc.). I also miss the logging. Furthermore, it is VERY difficult to set a exact height etc. just with the sliders. I would prefer additional +/- buttons.

Question: Do you know what happens if the signal to the transceiver is lost during a mission?

F-4Driver, thanks you for your comments. I can confirm the gradual change between waypoints since I flew a test mission meanwhile which worked fine. Camera adjustments are available for my P2A (if you meand angle, direction etc.). I also miss the logging. Furthermore, it is VERY difficult to set a exact height etc. just with the sliders. I would prefer additional +/- buttons.

Question: Do you know what happens if the signal to the transceiver is lost during a mission?

Looks like you haven't read the instructions... ;-)

You can make micro adjustments (+/-) to height or orientation by pressing the number box for about 2 seconds.

During your preflight checks you will see the mission data loading on the drone and when it's complete the drone is ready to start the mission with all the WPs, orientations, heights, and taskings it needs to perform the mission on its own. So if you lose connectivity, the drone knows to "Charlie Mike" and Continue Mission. So if you think you may lose connectivity make sure your last WP is close to your start point or if you're on water set it for the shore line. You can also set up the End Mission behavior to Return To Home vs Hovering or Landing in Place. If you have connectivity, you can pause the mission at anytime, move around, etc., then resume, or you can break-away and RTH the normal way.

As for camera adjustments, yes I have those too, but I can't adjust the lens, exposure, shutter, etc., for a specific mission on the app.

Last edited:

You can make micro adjustments (+/-) to height or orientation by pressing the number box for about 2 seconds.

Thx a lot. I cannot find this Information in the PDF manual.

Thx a lot. I cannot find this Information in the PDF manual.
Sorry for the delay....I haven't been on here for awhile. Anyway, it's on Page 11 of the GS Pro manual (v.1.0 & v1.2), 2/3'rds of the way down under "1. Parameter List"....

Good luck!

During your preflight checks you will see the mission data loading on the drone and when it's complete the drone is ready to start the mission with all the WPs, orientations, heights, and taskings it needs to perform the mission on its own. So if you lose connectivity, the drone knows to "Charlie Mike" and Continue Mission. So if you think you may lose connectivity make sure your last WP is close to your start point or if you're on water set it for the shore line. You can also set up the End Mission behavior to Return To Home vs Hovering or Landing in Place. If you have connectivity, you can pause the mission at anytime, move around, etc., then resume, or you can break-away and RTH the normal way.

As for camera adjustments, yes I have those too, but I can't adjust the lens, exposure, shutter, etc., for a specific mission on the app.

Is it possible to start the mission then jump into the Go app so you can adjust camera settings?

Hey Broux2, I tried just that early on but could not get it to work. What I did was takeoff with GO4, move to my designated Home Point, save that, then adjust my camera settings while hovering, then bring up the GS Pro app to kick off the mission.

I was hoping to see some updates/improvement on the app by now but it looks like DJI is not putting much effort into the program yet OR perhaps we will see a major update rolling out soon. I have not been using it lately since I like to keep my flight logs consistent and so far this app is not logging any flight data, as far as I'm aware of. Running GO4 in the background does not solve this issue.

Goid to know. Just got my P4P last week so i am learning and will be trying the GS Pro app soon.

I thought the phantom did the flight logging and not the app.

The flight won't be logged in the GO4 app nor can Healthy Drones pull the information, at this time. I know people are asking for this capability so there should be a way to do this soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl