DJI Goggles standard version compatibility?

They will be compatible after DJI releases a new DJI Goggles firmware update.

Glad I saw this. Almost bought the goggles and I would have been disappointed not being able to use them.

I have both, new phantom V2 and the goggles, They will not sync yet as of today, DJI says they are working on the problem, Now let me ask, Who releases a new drone with out testing all of its functions first? Yes DJI... But what can we do. It is the best drone on the market...

I have both, new phantom V2 and the goggles, They will not sync yet as of today, DJI says they are working on the problem, Now let me ask, Who releases a new drone with out testing all of its functions first? Yes DJI... But what can we do. It is the best drone on the market...
This is the way they do business...One of the "FEW" selling points of the new V2 was that you could use the goggles..So you'd think they'd have it working. Wonder how many will buy V2 and the Goggles and get home and realize the Goggles don't work.

This is the way they do business...One of the "FEW" selling points of the new V2 was that you could use the goggles..So you'd think they'd have it working. Wonder how many will buy V2 and the Goggles and get home and realize the Goggles don't work.

Yes that’s me and I based my purchase on the attched DJI news release ....very annoyed

It has taken them four weeks to get my Crystal Sky working with my V2.

Why cant they tell you this clearly as these things are integral to your purchase.

In Australia this is a really serious breach of consumer law !

Attachments

• 06BC8652-5EB8-4D97-AFE6-F66FC84CF861.jpeg
    06BC8652-5EB8-4D97-AFE6-F66FC84CF861.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 544
Last edited:
Reactions: bkushner
It's the dual band (2.4 and 5.8) capability of the P4P. The standard goggles only support 2.4Ghz (Mavic's occusynch) so I think they need to make sure that you're not in the 5.8 band (or won't flip to 5.8 mid-flight) when using the goggles -- this likely includes a FC (RC) firmware update and we know how long these can take.

If I didn't already own the original, I would seriously consider the RE version as they support dual band (and work with the V2 today).

I also agree, marketing was a bit misleading or, more likely, out to lunch during the engineering spec review.

Anyway, while we wait, anyone try to get the wired option (micro USB) working with the standard goggles and the V2?

It works on the old P4P but when I try it with the V2 I'm not getting the Live-View feed (value = NA) - other telemetry data seems to be ok. I wish they had that working at the very least, come on...

You would think the P4PV2 wasn't that much more different than the older P4P right?..It's probably the new RC.

Last edited:
I'll wait for Litchi to be compatible and use my $25 VR goggles...
I've used Litchi with my Dream VR headset and my Pixel XL phone and it was not comparable to the goggle experience on my Mavic.

Have you tried the goggles? In my opinion they're worth every penny (provided they work of course). Highly recommend for a mavic.

I've used Litchi with my Dream VR headset and my Pixel XL phone and it was not comparable to the goggle experience on my Mavic.

Have you tried the goggles? In my opinion they're worth every penny (provided they work of course). Highly recommend for a mavic.
Yes I did try them and returned the next day.

The DJI press release said DJI Goggles not just the RE , this is called lying to your customers with false and misleading statements! Not good huh ?

Attachments

• AF5D3B98-E729-4BF1-8603-978FBAD1203F.jpeg
    AF5D3B98-E729-4BF1-8603-978FBAD1203F.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 421
The DJI press release said DJI Goggles not just the RE , this is called lying to your customers with false and misleading statements! Not good huh ?

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you here. Certainly a contributing factor in my decision to purchase the V2 on release was for this marketing statement.

I'm just reaching out to see whether anyone got the standard goggles working via the micro USB and I think I just answered my own question.

Peace out.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you here. Certainly a contributing factor in my decision to purchase the V2 on release was for this marketing statement.

I'm just reaching out to see whether anyone got the standard goggles working via the micro USB and I think I just answered my own question.

Peace out.

I have tried everything and there is no way for the goggles to work with the P4P v2 until
they release a new HDMI module for the controller or they fix the goggles firmware.

Very annoying DJI and in Australia illegal to market goods not fit for purpose.

Just to put this thread to rest; standard goggles are now compatible with the P4PV2. Firmware update for the goggles is required.

Just to put this thread to rest; standard goggles are now compatible with the P4PV2. Firmware update for the goggles is required.

They are compatible, but I think its important to note for anyone skimming through this topic that once paired with standard goggles, any dual-band Occusync drone (P4P V2.0, M2) will only have 2.4ghz available due to limitations of hardware in the standard goggles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.