DJI GO trouble

Reaction score
DJI GO trouble

I down-loaded from the "store" the DJI GO app. for both my I Pad and my cell phone. I like using the much larger screen of my I PAD - makes photography much simplier.

My Phantom 3 works fine on either the I Pad or my cell phone, with this exception - for some reason the I PAD keeps limiting my Phantom 3 Standard to 100 ft. elev. & 200 ft distance. For much of my photography, that's o.k. But I don't "get it" - would like greater range that I enjoy with my cell phone)

No matter how many times I try and correct that, dosnt change ( operating the drone with my cell phone gives me range of well over 1/4 a mile; actually, I am scared to find out what the actual limit is ! )./

So I got tired of that limitation - deleted the DJI GO from my I pad, on the assumption if I re-loaded it, it would behave as trouble-free as the one on my cell phone.

Problem...now...I cant seem to re-down-load the DJI GO on my I PAD. The icon is a circle with a blue square in the center , instead of the one that allows you to down-load. ? ? ?

DJI GO trouble

I down-loaded from the "store" the DJI GO app. for both my I Pad and my cell phone. I like using the much larger screen of my I PAD - makes photography much simplier.

My Phantom 3 works fine on either the I Pad or my cell phone, with this exception - for some reason the I PAD keeps limiting my Phantom 3 Standard to 100 ft. elev. & 200 ft distance. For much of my photography, that's o.k. But I don't "get it" - would like greater range that I enjoy with my cell phone)

No matter how many times I try and correct that, dosnt change ( operating the drone with my cell phone gives me range of well over 1/4 a mile; actually, I am scared to find out what the actual limit is ! )./

So I got tired of that limitation - deleted the DJI GO from my I pad, on the assumption if I re-loaded it, it would behave as trouble-free as the one on my cell phone.

Problem...now...I cant seem to re-down-load the DJI GO on my I PAD. The icon is a circle with a blue square in the center , instead of the one that allows you to down-load. ? ? ?
Tricky one,,was having a read found this post reguarding blue icon,something to do with frozen apps,i did google search,this was only anwser that made sense
15038133327331964967972.jpg
this was some sort of ios and apple product forum discusion site

[QUOTE=" . . . . ]this was some sort of ios and apple product forum discusion site . . . [/QUOT

Thank you for trying to help. Yes, I did try a "total boot down & re-start". Had no effect. Problem remains ( hopefully, some "computor genius will see my first and now companion post just now ! )

[QUOTE=" . . . . ]this was some sort of ios and apple product forum discusion site . . . [/QUOT

Thank you for trying to help. Yes, I did try a "total boot down & re-start". Had no effect. Problem remains ( hopefully, some "computor genius will see my first and now companion post just now ! )
Do you have another ios device you could try

You may have found if you logged into your DJI account the restrictions would be gone.
======================================================================

Thank you for trying to help. Perhaps my question wasn't clear enough, so I will re-ask in more detail. Again, this question pertains to a recently purchased Phantom 3 "standard" that I am VERY happy with!

I have ( or rather HAD) " DJI GO " on both my I Pad and my cell phone. I prefer the much larger ( and thus easier to compose my shots) display on the I PAD, especially when filming.

The problem I WAS having with the I PAD is the very limited range and altitude. The "controls" on my Phantom regarding height & altitude work fine from the cell phone, but no matter how I TRY to change them on the I PAD, has no effect. I was limited to 100 ft. altitude and 200 ft. horizontal difference on the I PAD. Again, the range and altitude controls from the cell phone work just fine. Again, I have plenty of range and altitude using the cell phone.

I got tired of that, and THOUGHT that if I erased and re-loaded " DJI GO" that might solve the problem. While DJI GO was still "loaded" on my I PAD, I did not think to try to "log into my DJI Account", as I am unclear what connection, if any, they have to the App Store.

So again, the "DJI GO" app is gone from my I PAD. I erased it.

My question, again, is how can I RE LOAD the "DJI GO" from the App Store onto my I PAD...OR, is there some other source that I can go to, to RE LOAD "DJI GO" onto my I PAD.

Again, when I try and recover the " DJI GO" app. now, the logo comes up as before. BUT where there is a little box that SHOULD say "get" in that box there is now a logo of a tree (or cloud?) with a vertical arrow pointed down. When I press that, I get a circle with a little blue square inside. When I press that, I get a display of the five primary features of the "DJI GO" app, but no indication how to "load" it.

Logging out and back in does not solve it with this new app update. Neither does reinstalling the app. It's a bug this time. Tried it all. I literally spent the last 5+ hours learning how to download and install older versions of the app on my iPad Pro and got 4.0.8 back, the last version before everything went to hell. If I wasn't an IT guy, I would have never figured all this out.

Last edited:
Do you have another ios device you could try
==========================================================
O.K...I'll "bite". What is an "IOS" device ? Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I have TWO devices I use with my Phantom 3 "standard", an I PAD and a cell phone. I did the down-loads about a month ago when I got my "new" ( refurbished...!) drone.

The controls with the cell phone work fine - I can mess with the range and altitude controls, "return-to-home" limitations, etc. all I want and I get what I want.

The problem, again, is that now that I have deleted the "DJI GO" from my I PAD, I cant seem to re-down-load it so I can run my Phantom 3 "standard" USING MY I PAD ! See above for more detail.

Thank you for trying to help. Please assume I am a total idiot - totally ignorant of the "lingo" the computer types use !

==========================================================
O.K...I'll "bite". What is an "IOS" device ? Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I have TWO devices I use with my Phantom 3 "standard", an I PAD and a cell phone. I did the down-loads about a month ago when I got my "new" ( refurbished...!) drone.

The controls with the cell phone work fine - I can mess with the range and altitude controls, "return-to-home" limitations, etc. all I want and I get what I want.

The problem, again, is that now that I have deleted the "DJI GO" from my I PAD, I cant seem to re-down-load it so I can run my Phantom 3 "standard" USING MY I PAD ! See above for more detail.

Thank you for trying to help. Please assume I am a total idiot - totally ignorant of the "lingo" the computer types use !
Sorry ios ipad is apple,,i use andriod,just been looking on google for more ideas,do you have good space for it to load,some i was just readin say they just keep pressin button and eventully downloads,bit of a tricky one this ,im back to searching

Sorry ios ipad is apple,,i use andriod,just been looking on google for more ideas,do you have good space for it to load,some i was just readin say they just keep pressin button and eventully downloads,bit of a tricky one this ,im back to searching
1503885842497-2100927203.jpg
these are ios devices and for example samsung is a andriod device :) hope this bit clear,i cant talk computer lingo either

1503887868711-1438138953.jpg
somethin to try this might retrive it ,,where it says tap updates not sure on ios but mjne has like 3 bars in top left 1503888272386-1244038329.jpg 1503888298358-1296019639.jpg i click on brings my updates and apps up

Been searchin for hours with mutiple not quite there anwsers,most say sign out of apple playstore and resign in,,check usb debugging is on,delete unwanted apps so djigo can load(large app),i be off to buy another ipad after this lot,gezz not like to be beat but this got me stumped,:(if my brain recovers from this i have look later

I think for your issues with downloading/reinstalling the app you may be better off asking on an Apple device forum or if convenient, head over to a actual physical Apple store. I use an Android device so I can't comment on your download issue other than what I said above.

Barring there being an actual bug in the DJI GO app that is preventing you from flying further, once you have gotten the app reinstalled you need to login to the DJI server from the DJI GO app. It has nothing to do with the Apple "store"

Hope you get it all sorted out soon.

I think for your issues with downloading/reinstalling the app you may be better off asking on an Apple device forum or if convenient, head over to a actual physical Apple store. I use an Android device so I can't comment on your download issue other than what I said above.

Barring there being an actual bug in the DJI GO app that is preventing you from flying further, once you have gotten the app reinstalled you need to login to the DJI server from the DJI GO app. It has nothing to do with the Apple "store"

Hope you get it all sorted out soon.
Hi yes im android to and trying to help was hard,to my knowlage our app version different from apple (ios)devices, the trouble here is hes wiped djigo and now when he trys to reinstall app hes got a logo inplace of where install should be and cant get to install djigo because of this, chewed up heaps of data searching i know that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez