DJI GO APP

Reaction score
Hopefully I can get some help with this issue. I've been flying my phantom for short flights waiting for the weather to warm up. My problem is the DJI app on my tablet keeps disconnecting. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab E. Sometimes I can be about 150 ft up and it shows on the tablet disconnect or single loss. Most of the time the aircraft will still respond to commands and I can fly it visually. On occasion if it is a distance away it will loss signal and just hover. Sometimes I can use the RTH and once it gets close It will reconnect. Other times the app will stop working and I will have to restart it, then it will reconnect. What are your thoughts.app, tablet, usb cord. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Phantom 4, Samsung Galaxy Tab E, DJI 4 app. version 4.0.5.

Ronnie,

You and I have identical setups. P4, Tab E, 4.05.

I did have the disconnect problems a few times but have not had any since I removed pretty much everything from the tablet and made it a dedicated P4 machine. My Samsung Tab E is NOT rooted, just cleaned of things I could remove.

I do have the video cache set to 2G and to auto cleanup so that it doesn't grow.

For consistent starting and connections I start the P4, the turn on the RC to connect. Once I get the green light, I turn on the Tab E.

When it starts up, it will ask to start and run the DJI Go4 app which is not set to default, so I click on OK and pretty much everything falls into place.

Click on the Go Fly blue icon on the bottom and it's ready to go.

For flight with the extra batteries, I shut down the P4, swap out the battery, and then restart the P4. The controller connects and the app is already running so it comes back online.

Hope this helps.

AD

As an addition to my previous post, I did notice that the few times the DJI quit that I was out in direct sunlight here in Florida and the tablet may have overheated. I never lost "contact" with the P4 as I could still control it, I just couldn't use the app or see anything until the app (and tablet) both restarted.

AD

Thank you. I will give it a try.
Gave your suggestions a try. Turned everything I could off. When I first start my phantom 4 I had 13 satillites. Then all of a sudden it disconnected. The aircraft was about 15 ft from me at about 6 ft off the ground. Has anyone had better luck with Litchi?

Ronnie,

An update on your problem with disconnects.

I recently loaded an app on the Samsung tablet and have been using it heavily during the day and night when not flying. About a day after loading it, I started to get random disconnects in flight and just tonight, could not get the Samsung Tab E to connect at all. The DJI Go4 program just would not go along with the plan.

Eventually used my phone to work with the drone with no problems and went back home to tackle the "new" problem.

As it turned out, the new app had glommed on to a very large portion of my free memory and wasn't releasing it like it should.

Once I cleared out the memory cache and recovered a LOT of free memory, the P4 and DJI Go4 app connected right up with no problems.

I believe I will "clear the memory cache" on the Samsung tablet each day before heading out.

AD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119