DJI GO app version 3.0

...hi jogforfitness; I can't make out the text, can you post a higher resolution photo?

bf747b1dec65d6d394cc82edb1c04a65.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

...sigh; the firmware dance continues - good luck and please let us know how it behaves!
I just finished a run about 3 miles out and back, using Tap2Fly. It was a pretty good flight, but one time when I was tilting the gimbal, my Mini 4's screen went to black and white for a second. It didn't do it again for the rest of the flight. It could very well be the Mini and not Go 3.0. FYI, it is currently 75 degrees F here so I don't think I had any overheating problems.

...hmmm, you're sure it was when you were tilting and not panning? - I only ask because when I go out a ways and start panning the bird left or right, that will sometimes cause signal drop out, I think due to the whole bird turning and thus reorienting the antennas and their coverage patterns - was the drop out way out near three miles or closer to home?

...hmmm, you're sure it was when you were tilting and not panning? - I only ask because when I go out a ways and start panning the bird left or right, that will sometimes cause signal drop out, I think due to the whole bird turning and thus reorienting the antennas and their coverage patterns - was the drop out way out near three miles or closer to home?
Naw, it was gimbal tilt. So far, yawing hasn't given me any problems so far.

I have noticed following issues with GO 3.0 iOS 10.0.2 and iPad mini 4;

Can't anymore adjust camera tilt in flight (C2+ wheel). Note I have tested this while not flying as worked before in this context.

New mysterious center camera option: just move camera up and down - Purpose not documented?

Camera grid LOST when navigating to other options, ie go to DJI (top left of the screen) or after Adjust camera tilt.

Annoying C1 message saying GO app want access that button.

After compass calibration only camera overlay is displayed, no more user interface. No other choice than exiting GO app. I'll try to assign C2 button to swap btw map and camera to force UI back. Might work.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Annoying C1 message doesn't come back again if you press C1 two times. :) some kind of acknowledgment!!!

Camera centering feature looks useless. Not sure if it does more than just lowering the cam.

Radar looks better with N display.

Ready to Go (Vision) display is introduced. That's good for flying indoors.

Last edited:
I'm using the IPad Mini 2 on DJI Go app version 3.0.0 and I cannot for the life of me find how to change the video size or other video options anymore. The old MENU button is no longer there and the settings icon doesn't give me any of those options either. Anybody having the same issue?

I don't think my camera is as sharp after the update. Is it my imagination or something needs changed in the setting?

I'm using the IPad Mini 2 on DJI Go app version 3.0.0 and I cannot for the life of me find how to change the video size or other video options anymore. The old MENU button is no longer there and the settings icon doesn't give me any of those options either. Anybody having the same issue?

Are both RC and P4 running and connected? Screenshot also welcome.

[...]

Can't anymore adjust camera tilt in flight (C2+ wheel). Note I have tested this while not flying as worked before in this context

wow just came back from flying under very windy conditions and can confirm they have taken the C2+EXP jog dial combo feature away preventing gimbal roll adjustments on the fly...

Why would they do this? One of the most useful features where I live and very windy! [emoji24]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Another bug with the new icon for camera/video swap:

From video mode, use this icon to swap to photo mode and take a picture: for the first photo the camera shutter sound will be missing.

Sorry I left that out. Yes, it was 3.0. My battery is about halfway full right now so I should be up and flying again in about 30 minutes or so. I'm really hoping I don't have a repeat of yesterday or any other surprises.

Also, I've posted her that when it is in the high 90's and above and my iPad Mini 4's screen brightness is turned to max, the last few minutes of the flight are almost unwatchable due to it overheating. I'm pretty sure the effects I saw in my post above were not related to the Mini overheating since it happened at about 5 minutes into the flight and it was in the mid 70s.

Hope all's better now. Will wait for your update.

Hope all's better now. Will wait for your update.

I updated to 3.0.1, and other than adding some really cool feature in the future, I can't see Go working any better for my Phantom 4. For me, it looks like DJI finally dotted all of the I's and crossed all the T's with this version.

Reactions: RémyHeli
Well they are still on 3.0 for Android . I downgraded my tablet yesterday to 2.9.1 because of the issues I had . Wont update again till 3.0.1 is out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj