DJI GO APP for Phantom 3 Professional

• Thread starter Deleted member 39682
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39682

I Just purchased a refurbished Phantom 3 Professional from DJI for $688.00. This drone I believe was never opened. I have be flying Phantoms since 2014. I have been though all the growing pains with iOS operating software not being compatible with the DJI GO App. But now we are in the 3rd quarter of 2017. The latest GO App 3.1.1.4 is the worst App DJI has put out. I really think DJI is forcing all Phantom 3 owners to upgrade to Phantom 4's. Review this app. it is rated below 1, that alone is history making.
1. No Map
2. 90 feet you have reach your limit.
3. Map when unlocked will not rotate.
4. Motor over heating warning when motors are not hot, force the drone to land without your control (VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM)
5. This app was the gold standard now it is just CRAP!!!!!
GoodLuck using this App.
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: sUAV Reaper

I still use it for my Inspire 1 Pro without problems. Make sure you are signed into your DJI account to remove distance restrictions, make sure beginner mode is turned off. If you are still experiencing distance restrictions un-install and re-install the app and sign back in.

No issues with my P3A and the latest app version, TBH I use Litchi more than GO

I fly a P3P and I just updated my go app 08/08/17 to 3.1.10. Previously I was having app crash cause I use an nividia shield K1 running android 7.0 for FPV. App crash was at least 1 per battery. Since the app update I have flown at least 7 full batteries and no app crash. App is working like a champ. Just maybe the update contained the fix needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: streamwhuddle
I fly a P3P and I just updated my go app 08/08/17 to 3.1.10. Previously I was having app crash cause I use an nividia shield K1 running android 7.0 for FPV. App crash was at least 1 per battery. Since the app update I have flown at least 7 full batteries and no app crash. App is working like a champ. Just maybe the update contained the fix needed.

Congrats. I have a P3P also. The latest on the DJI website for the P3P is 1.11.20. What FW version are you using? Thanks.

[Edit] I also have a Shield K1 with Android 7.0 and it works better with 7.0 for sure.

Last edited:
Congrats. I have a P3P also. The latest on the DJI website for the P3P is 1.11.20. What FW version are you using? Thanks.

[Edit] I also have a Shield K1 with Android 7.0 and it works better with 7.0 for sure.

Yep, I have the same firmware update, 1.11.20 Go app still crashed even after the July 7 frimware update. However this latest go app update may have had the needed fix. I just flew another battery today and no app crash. I don't want to rock the boat, but so far so good. No app crashes.

Yep, I have the same firmware update, 1.11.20 Go app still crashed even after the July 7 frimware update. However this latest go app update may have had the needed fix. I just flew another battery today and no app crash. I don't want to rock the boat, but so far so good. No app crashes.

I just updated the GO app but am back on RC FW version 1.8.0. I'm going to fly with the older FW version first and see how it acts. Then, I will probably upgrade the FW to 1.11.20. Thanks for the update.

I just updated the GO app but am back on RC FW version 1.8.0. I'm going to fly with the older FW version first and see how it acts. Then, I will probably upgrade the FW to 1.11.20. Thanks for the update.

That's a great idea. Let me know how that works out.

No issues experiencing with the latest version of DJI Go on my standard.

That's a great idea. Let me know how that works out.

I went out flying with the new DJI GO app and the older firmware of 1.8.0. I had no problems. It was fun flying finally without the various hardships that DJI has put us through over the years. But, I'm sure we aren't out of the woods yet. As DJI continues to believe they are the police of the air, I'm sure they will try to restrict us again. Somebody should tell them, THIS IS NOT CHINA!!!. Lol. Either way, fly well my friend.

Dear Members,
Signing into your DJI Account now is mandatory to remove the distance restrictions.
If my Map disappears I found that going in and out of the go app. brings the map back rather then deleting and reinstalling the app.
The map issue is just a work around it still sucks.
Keep emailing and calling DJI be relentless about complaining about these problems.
Bad press is bad for any business.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr.
AKA: sUAS Reaper

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT