DJI GO 4.0 INFO

Christ, it looks like crappy Chinese software may delay actual operation of the P4P until the crappy Chinese software is fixed. iOS not ready until mid December and the Android version not playing well with the earlier version. WTF am I supposed to do if I need BOTH versions of Go for my Inspire 1 Pro and for the P4P? How the hell can they not know about this possibility? Do they only test things in a sterile sandbox?

Brian

unsure why the name calling,
you DO know who designed and built the P4P don't you?

unsure why the name calling,
you DO know who designed and built the P4P don't you?

No, why don't you splain that to me.

There are crappy Chinese products as well as brilliant Chinese product, you find a little of both at Wal*Mart -- mostly the crappy kind not surprisningly.

Having worked in the tech world for more than 30 years and for a Japanese tech company for 8 of those years I've come to recognize that while the Japanese tend to make great hardware there software is often meh. The same is true with China. It looks like most of there best a brightest spend there work hours breaking into foreign companies and governments computer systems. Other than the NSA, which tends to have some really top programming talent, the USA has inverted the situation with crappy software types working for the government and the hot shots either working at the SV big names or starting there own dev outfits.

Brian

Hello everyone this is my first post in the forums. Through the forum I have learned many things, but would like to know if in the new app the dji p4 will have the tapfly backward and the draw mode.Thank you I am from greece if you want anything just tell me. ;)

Hello everyone this is my first post in the forums. Through the forum I have learned many things, but would like to know if in the new app the dji p4 will have the tapfly backward and the draw mode.Thank you I am from greece if you want anything just tell me. ;)
I'll take some Ouzo and dried octopus! ;)

I didn't fully test 4.0 yet but one crappy fup as 3.1 is that the bird flys off the map, very annoying to have to manually pan the map to follow your craft. I contacted dji and was told I would have to contact [email protected] for this type or condition, this is day 2, I am waiting for a reply. 4.0 has a better main screen and the app seems the same as 3.1. Weather here is crappy for the next few days, freezing rain and snow, welcome to the north.

Last edited:
DAY 3 no reply from dji, I gather that the development team are so busy fixing this fly off the map thing they don't have the time to reply, or maybe they just have to many emails. Just snow now I still can't fly, this addiction is driving me nuts. (gotta fly, I just may do something stupid like trying to fly inside the house (I'm safe, wife is out of town gone to see the kids for the weekend) she may have to repair the curtains when she gets back if this weather keeps up.

DAY 3 no reply from dji, I gather that the development team are so busy fixing this fly off the map thing they don't have the time to reply, or maybe they just have to many emails. Just snow now I still can't fly, this addiction is driving me nuts. (gotta fly, I just may do something stupid like trying to fly inside the house (I'm safe, wife is out of town gone to see the kids for the weekend) she may have to repair the curtains when she gets back if this weather keeps up.
I have set of chewed blinds in the spare bedroom window from an unruly Parrot AR 2.0 drone with a bad update, from testing in the house! :eek:

No, why don't you splain that to me.

There are crappy Chinese products as well as brilliant Chinese product, you find a little of both at Wal*Mart -- mostly the crappy kind not surprisningly.

Let's let this go. Making disparaging remarks based on nationality or other broad generalization is frowned upon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12