DJI GEO Coming to Your P3 Soon

Does using Litichi get around GEO?
As far as I know its only inforced with the GO app 2.5 i think but dont quote me on this so should be fine with 3rd party apps such as litchi!

I have IOS DJI GO 2.5 and I am totally grounded! (Nelson, B.C. Canada) I have tried to unlock my location (there is a very small airfield here) and the DJI site says I have successfully unlocked my area. But when I fire my Phantom 3 Pro up, it stills says I am in a no fly zone. Any ideas? I put in the serial number of my Remote Controller (from the GO app under about) Is there another serial number that I missed? Is Canada not included? If I cannot fly here I will be selling my Phantom!

I use Litchi exclusively now and there's currently no nfz's at all. Won't last forever though.

Does using Litichi get around GEO?
I do not have 1.6 nor plan to right now. .....but I have used GO, and Litchi. Ive tested both in a NFZ zone. Litchi, Ultimate both use the base SDK program from DJI. So if DJI Go tells them they are NFZ then nothing happens.
***I dont know how, but 1 time I did get Litchi to start the quad in a definite NFZ. I didnt want to get in trouble, yet I do want to learn the extent of what DJI is doing so I didnt test it further. (yet)
My 1st hand experience with 1.4 and 1.5 is no as of now. It would take someone to make an app from scratch to get around it. I heard rumors that AutoPilot app was from scratch not based off of SDK.

I
A quadcopter owner does not always have such disciplin, especially excited newbies without previous experience or knowledge.
What a load of garbage. Common sense is common sense. Some new, some old, some experienced, some lacking any experience will do absolutely stupid things with these copters. Get off the NEWB crap. To be honest I have seen more experienced pilots post about Max Altitude... how can I fly to Mcdonalds and land... than I have NEWB's. FCOL right now I haven't had mine above 150 feet on any of my 20 flights. Scared the daylights out of me to be that high. So get off the NEWB kick.

Last edited by a moderator:
New no fly zones that comply with FAA guidelines along with further limitations will be implemented in an upcoming firmware release in Dec. This will implement real-time exclusion zones around prisons, power stations, and other facilities in addition to airports and other flight facilities. It will incorporate TFRs and other temporary restrictions.

An opt out system will be available once you register with your credit card but it will still not allow you access to sensitive areas like Washington DC. No further specifics are available and it is unclear what DJI will do with your registration and credit card information should you decide to bypass the system. Will they pass that information to the FAA?

The restriction data will be provided by AirMap, a company that shares ownership with another company called noflyzone.org that allows people to request personal no fly zones over their property. It is not clear if the personal no fly zones will also be included.

I doubt this will go down well. DJI continues to move the goal posts for customers who already bought the product.

DJI rolling out a new system to keep drones out of restricted areas

AirMap

No Fly Zone
Where do you register ur card details on DJI site because I can't find them anywhere?

What a load of garbage. Common sense is common sense. Some new, some old, some experienced, some lacking any experience will do absolutely stupid things with these copters. Get off the NEWB crap. To be honest I have seen more experienced pilots post about Max Altitude... how can I fly to Mcdonalds and land... than I have NEWB's. FCOL right now I haven't had mine above 150 feet on any of my 20 flights. Scared the daylights out of me to be that high. So get off the NEWB kick. Dumbassery is dumbassery... they come in all shapes and sizes.
Ok guys, lets dial it back a little in here. ;)

I think what gegetrane was saying is that new people to the hobby are not always aware of aircraft rules & regulations. When you fly in the same airspace as full scale you need to be aware of a few important facts. I firmly believe education is key in all of this mess. There will always be stupid people doing stupid things, I like to refer to them as people who have more money than brains.

I wonder if DJI could shut down all of their drones with a flip of the switch.
No they couldn't.
Plenty of flyers are out of internet connectivity either through location or equipment not connected.
When I fly there's no way for DJi or anyone else to contact my machine to give any instructions.

One could only wish then. I spoke to an Android developer that has a DJI 3rd party app being sold here and he said he had no interest since it would take some work to make it happen from scratch.:(

One could only wish then. I spoke to an Android developer that has a DJI 3rd party app being sold here and he said he had no interest since it would take some work to make it happen from scratch.:(
It would be almost impossible considering all of DJIs tech is closed source. How could you even send commands to the bird w/o first hacking Lightbridge?

No they couldn't
When I fly there's no way for DJi or anyone else to contact my machine to give any instructions.
False
It is possible for a person to do this but very unlikely. From what I'm learning it's much more likely to happen with a P2. The light bridge technology is similar to routers. I've experimented with man in the middle attacks on routers for many yrs now.
DJI would have to have the world covered in antennas to be able to even consider it. It's more likely to be done by a hacker than by DJI.
Just something to play with. Here are a couple MIT guys who are actually doing this and labeling it to be sold for safety. Watch their 32 sec video
SkySafe

False
It is possible for a person to do this but very unlikely. From what I'm learning it's much more likely to happen with a P2. The light bridge technology is similar to routers. I've experimented with man in the middle attacks on routers for many yrs now.
DJI would have to have the world covered in antennas to be able to even consider it. It's more likely to be done by a hacker than by DJI.
Just something to play with. Here are a couple MIT guys who are actually doing this and labeling it to be sold for safety. Watch their 32 sec video
SkySafe
WTF?! Hopefully some common user will not get this massive machine, to do this. But maybe it will be only money question.

I expect some time in the future dji will start charging a minimal fee for unlocking an area, which will stay in place until everyone is inured to the idea of pay for play. Years from now us oldtimers will reminisce about the time when anyone could just go and fly their drones for free.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31