DJI factory selfie

Reaction score
image.jpg
I found this picture somewhere on the Internet. My guess it is the birthplace of all our RTF quadcopters from DJI. Would love to see how they pack our stuff anyway ;)

Reactions: Furia
This is a nice picture. The actual birth of the bird. And it is nicer because it is not a prepared advert pic but a casual one.
Would be cool to see more of those. :)

Thanks! And here is another picture for those who are still waiting on their Phantom 3 :)
image.jpg

Reactions: Furia
They are probably in a new bigger higher tech factory after 3+ years.....
Another old thread re-awakened.... I'm not so sure about that, - In China, labour for repetitive ie: 'factory work' is cheap and, (I guess), building rental costs are relatively low... A lot of the component manufacture is subbed-out anyway.... So why rent/build a massive, costly, impressive and tailor-made manufacturing plant when you can keep it rented, small(ish) and subbed-out and cheap? It minimises your risk and investment, no matter how much money you might be making from selling the products.

Here's a link I posted on another DJI factory thread recently, but it's to another drone plant:- Inside DJI Factory - OK, not DJI - but something very similar, and I would guess that it's still not far off the mark of how DJI products are made = a cooperative of subbed workers and factories, working from smaller, separate units to put together the finished products which sell well, phenomenally well, in fact..

Of course, if someone can post a genuine photo showing a massive and high-tech DJI factory, then I will apologise profusely and hang my head in corrected shame at this post.. :)

On the other hand, some manufacturing facilities in Shenzhen are massive and comprehensive, as you can see here, but it's not for drones.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.