DJI DRONE REEL | 5 YEARS IN THE MAKING | 4K

3putts said: ...take video and editing up as a profession.

I'm trying to. It has not been easy.

I supplied photos to 100+ cvb's in US
between 2000-2009. Never video.

Don't know current status of cvb budgets
or how they operate wrt videos, but suggest
you pick your nearest major city & make similar
kind of video about ONLY that metro area & its
attractions-activities. Emphasize destination
as desirable place to visit. Maybe year-round.
Send link to them AND many cvb media relations
departments in same country. At least you'll get advice?

cvb = convention & visitors bureau or similar;
some use "tourism department" or similar...

Last edited:
...wow, that was a "mind flood" for sure and one of the best edited pieces I've seen. The location diversity was amazing, you really get around. Great work and a fantastic marketing piece for you.

It took 5 years of travelling and shooting to make this video. I'm very proud of it and wanted to share it with the drone community. Any feedback, comments or criticism is welcome. Shot the majority on my Phantom 4 and some of the latest clips on my Mavic Air 2. Cheers!

"
Loved all the different locations. Well done.

Great work. How did you shoot the shot @ 28 seconds into the film?
Did you run into her back?
With a digital zoom in post (Premiere. After Effects, Final Cut, etc.) you can make it appear that you're really close without actually being there. His technique was done perfectly, so you don't notice the transition.

Fantastic work! Something I hope to do someday. Would love a breakdown of locations i you had the time...

Like everyone said: great eye, great flying, great shot selection, great editing (including the transitions, wipes and sound effects). It all works well with the music too.
Keep up the outstanding work!

And this reel will get you lots of work for years to come. Just get your friends and associates to start recommending you and once the clients see this footage, you'll be a lock, for sure.

Techmically the video is exellent and really outstanding. I just miss some kind of story to bound all those clips together.

It took 5 years of travelling and shooting to make this video. I'm very proud of it and wanted to share it with the drone community. Any feedback, comments or criticism is welcome. Shot the majority on my Phantom 4 and some of the latest clips on my Mavic Air 2. Cheers!

"
Very nice; good use of the beats in the music and sound.

"
Great job! Seriously well done. Could you tell us/me where you found your sound effects? Also, the music was perfect for the footage. Finally, you Canuks have some great country up there in Ontario. Really beautiful.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl