DJI denies end of Phantom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your the one here babbling so you can have the credit...

I’m guessing your a Mavic user since you sold your Phantom....

Actually I have both, but since I got the M2P, I very rarely use the P4P2. It’s probably the reason DJI is discontinuing the Phantom line- most people see no need for the Phantom line. The demand is too low.

FYI- I added a pic here to help you out since English doesn’t seem to be your primary language.

Actually I have both, but since I got the M2P, I very rarely use the P4P2. It’s probably the reason DJI is discontinuing the Phantom line- most people see no need for the Phantom line. The demand is too low.

View attachment 111028 FYI- I added a pic here to help you out since English doesn’t seem to be your primary language.

Gotcha, so YOUR just here trollling...

Gotcha, so YOUR just here trollling...
Nope. Not at all. Just explaining and showing proof that DJI ended the Phantom line. It’s pretty much established. No need to be so butt hurt. “You’re” going to be ok.

As I haven't been following the latest offerings from DJI, I just checked the DJI web site for the Phantom 4 Pro. It says that the Phantom line has been discontinued, and pointed to the Mavic 2 Pro.

The Mavic 2 Pro does seem to be a worthy equivalent to the P4P from a comparison of the camera specifications, the most important factor for me. The more compact size of the Mavic 2 Pro would be nice.

As I haven't been following the latest offerings from DJI, I just checked the DJI web site for the Phantom 4 Pro. It says that the Phantom line has been discontinued, and pointed to the Mavic 2 Pro.

The Mavic 2 Pro does seem to be a worthy equivalent to the P4P from a comparison of the camera specifications, the most important factor for me. The more compact size of the Mavic 2 Pro would be nice.
Exactly. This is why they discontinued the Phantom line. So few people would elect the comparatively bulky Phantom over the M2. It wasn’t worth keeping it going.

Nope. Not at all. Just explaining and showing proof that DJI ended the Phantom line. It’s pretty much established. No need to be so butt hurt. “You’re” going to be ok.

Yeah I know I’m ok
IMG_0891.jpg

What proof ? , reading comprehension isn’t your friend I guess , the article proved squat, the corruption scandal killed the P4 line once they get things squared away they’ll put out a P5 and if it brings some features to the table I want I’ll buy one if not I’ll pass on it ...
P4P is second in image quality only to the Inspire ,the Mavic doesn’t even come close in stills/video image quality ..

Amazon has all your heart desires...

Fat Albert can’t admit it, but when a senior DJI exec clearly states the Phantom line is done and then DJI claims they never even planned a P5- that’s pretty clear. The last fw update was October of last year.

He seems to think it’s a “supply chain” issue with zero evidence of that.
Sorry- no more Phantom series. Take care of your current equipment.

I'll bet it's like everything else. You want fly a phantom 231. No. They'll change the name. update it a bit. Give it a sleek new look. Rename it and continue on. Every company does it

Yeah I know I’m okView attachment 111031

What proof ? , reading comprehension isn’t your friend I guess , the article proved squat, the corruption scandal killed the P4 line once they get things squared away they’ll put out a P5 and if it brings some features to the table I want I’ll buy one if not I’ll pass on it ...
P4P is second in image quality only to the Inspire ,the Mavic doesn’t even come close in stills/video image quality ..
The image quality from the M2P might surprise you- particularly the stills. The apparent lack of sharpness and aliasing effects some have managed to produce from test charts might put you off but the processed video is very good in actual use. You will carry a M2 with plenty of batteries a lot further with less inconvenience than you might experience with the P4. It’s easy to appreciate why DJI is going this way.

a senior DJI exec clearly states the Phantom line is done and then DJI claims they never even planned a P5- that’s pretty clear. The last fw update was October of last year.

He seems to think it’s a “supply chain” issue with zero evidence of that.
Sorry- no more Phantom series.
Whatever DJi is doing with the Phantom series is far from clear.
Despite no Phantoms being made for six months, DJI have not declared the P4 pro V2 to be end of life and what messages have been made are confusing and contradictory.

Reactions: msinger
The image quality from the M2P might surprise you- particularly the stills. The apparent lack of sharpness and aliasing effects some have managed to produce from test charts might put you off but the processed video is very good in actual use. You will carry a M2 with plenty of batteries a lot further with less inconvenience than you might experience with the P4. It’s easy to appreciate why DJI is going this way.

Everything about the Mavic seems second rate to me the foldable arms , Mickey Mouse gimbal, remote control build for a toddlers / women size hand (I fly with a 10.5 iPad Pro) that along with the Mavic isn’t as stable as a Phantom , image /video quality takes a hit, and on and on........

They’re probably trying to avoid upsetting dealers who still have stock of the phantom 4. It’s really hard to sell something for full price that’s “discontinued”. They’ll wait till stock has run dry to “officially” announce it is my guess.

Reactions: Tom45
Everything about the Mavic seems second rate to me the foldable arms , Mickey Mouse gimbal, remote control build for a toddlers / women size hand (I fly with a 10.5 iPad Pro) that along with the Mavic isn’t as stable as a Phantom , image /video quality takes a hit, and on and on........
I shared most of not all your perceptions- until I started flying an M2.... overall it wins. For me anyway.

Reactions: dirkclod and Ansia
I was yesterday at a drone activity. There were all kinds of DJI drones. It was really windy and the Mavic 2s held just as well as my P4P did. They beat my P4P on the RTH competition and the photographs taken from the M2P were really impressive. One can argue all day this is better than that. In my opinion, the Phantom may have its advantages and the Mavic 2 has its own, but in the end, they are so similar in specs that one would go for the small form factor just for ease of carrying and launching your drone.

I really enjoy my Phantom and it is my work horse, but the day it dies, I wouldn't mind replacing it for a M2P, which is just as good.

I have both. For still images, the M2P and P4P are imperceptible with actually an edge going to the M2P.
The Smart RC is excellent build quality.
Nothing Mickey Mouse about the build or the gimbal. In fact, it is more solid than the P4P.

In terms of wind, it performs better than the P4P, as it is more aerodynamic. It is WAY quieter. And much more precise. These facts have been verified over and over in YouTube comparisons.

It is much more discreet, especially the RC, and doesn’t shout out, “I’m flying a drone!” which is becoming more and more important.

The P4P is a design that is over 4 years old. Once people fly an M2P, with better activetrack, better distance, quieter, longer flight, better OA, more precise, etc- they begin to see the P4P as a 1960s Buick station wagon. A bloated loud flying pillow. Which is why it was discontinued.

I spoke to one of the largest 3rd party dealers today- the owner. They were told a few weeks ago that the Phantom line was coming to an end and would not receive any more P4Pv2s. This, in light of Romeo’s comments, the total unavailability for many months, the superiority of the M2 in so many ways, the ancient design, the zero firmware updates...just accept that it is over.

( Mod Removed Comment )

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both. For still images, the M2P and P4P are imperceptible with actually an edge going to the M2P.
The Smart RC is excellent build quality.
Nothing Mickey Mouse about the build or the gimbal. In fact, it is more solid than the P4P.

In terms of wind, it performs better than the P4P, as it is more aerodynamic. It is WAY quieter. And much more precise. These facts have been verified over and over in YouTube comparisons.

It is much more discreet, especially the RC, and doesn’t shout out, “I’m flying a drone!” which is becoming more and more important.

The P4P is a design that is over 4 years old. Once people fly an M2P, with better activetrack, better distance, quieter, longer flight, better OA, more precise, etc- they begin to see the P4P as a 1960s Buick station wagon. A bloated loud flying pillow. Which is why it was discontinued.

I spoke to one of the largest 3rd party dealers today- the owner. They were told a few weeks ago that the Phantom line was coming to an end and would not receive any more P4Pv2s. This, in light of Romeo’s comments, the total unavailability for many months, the superiority of the M2 in so many ways, the ancient design, the zero firmware updates...just accept that it is over.

Mod Removed Comment )
And this is the point. The M2P vs P4P/A, on a pure performance/technical attributes comparison suggests M2 wins in some respects and equals in others. We only need look at the mechanical design and materials quality to see that the M2 is a leap forward.

The M2 employs glass reinforced nylon with other body components being ABS. Both offer exceptional wear resistance amongst other properties. Glass reinforced nylon is stronger than aluminium by weight. Other body components are AZ91D an alloy containing mostly magnesium with aluminium and zink. You don’t have to look closely at the way the M2 is made to appreciate the quality of the tooling for the component moulds, fit and finish and how well the overall design is resolved. The polystyrene shell on the P4 wins only in reduced weight- it is inferior in all other respects. That’s before we even consider portability and aerodynamic considerations.

And this is the point. The M2P vs P4P/A, on a pure performance/technical attributes comparison suggests M2 wins in some respects and equals in others. We only need look at the mechanical design and materials quality to see that the M2 is a leap forward.

The M2 employs glass reinforced nylon with other body components being ABS. Both offer exceptional wear resistance amongst other properties. Glass reinforced nylon is stronger than aluminium by weight. Other body components are AZ91D an alloy containing mostly magnesium with aluminium and zink. You don’t have to look closely at the way the M2 is made to appreciate the quality of the tooling for the component moulds, fit and finish and how well the overall design is resolved. The polystyrene shell on the P4 wins only in reduced weight- it is inferior in all other respects. That’s before we even consider portability and aerodynamic considerations.
Yep. The M2 doesn’t have the shell cracking issues that plague the now discontinued Phantom line. As much as the P4P series was nice, the M2 has it beat, structurally, performance wise, portability, distance, flight time, obstacle avoidance/APAS2.0, tracking, quietness, etc etc.

The future is the Mavic line. I’m not sure what else DJI has to do to show their customer base that they obviously think this as well.

I’m not sure what else DJI has to do to show their customer base that they obviously think this as well.
Apart from making an announcement to explain that the Phantom line is discontinued?
Or removing the P4 pro v2 from their store where it still shows as Out of Stock?
This is what DJI has done for other models in the past.

Reactions: msinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3