DJI denies end of Phantom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P4rtk who can afford one of those,,that's top dollar, this drone more for survey or mapping purposes I reckon,not really a hobby drone,,still has me stumped why they would discontinue p4 range,,probly best drone on the market ,,I not like that they discontinue p4pv2 cause out of parts,,that could get nasty for consumer buying these,,,parts will be made cheaper by cheapest bidder and no doubt the quality of parts will become a issue for whoever buy it,,just my opinion on that,,if rumors are true about p4 I will die , just seems obsurd for them ,,,if no p5 either they must have something up their sleeve or they going to put themselves out of business.....come on DJI what is going on,,we support you products why don't YOU inform the consumer who supports you
Me think I send them another email ,,I bet I get another silly reply

They can deny it all they want but the facts are:
(1) They've been "out of stock" due to a "Parts shortage" for over 6 months
(2) A senior executive says that the Phantom series is done
(3) DJI says they never planned to make a P5

Take it however you will, but to me, DJI essentially admitted it's done.

They can deny it all they want but the facts are:
(1) They've been "out of stock" due to a "Parts shortage" for over 6 months
(2) A senior executive says that the Phantom series is done
(3) DJI says they never planned to make a P5

Take it however you will, but to me, DJI essentially admitted it's done.

The parts shortage I believe is tied to the corruption scandal ( DJI employees had side deals with parts suppliers ) Corruption at DJI may cost the company $150 million – TechCrunch
Once they establish new vendors and replace the bad apples they had DJI will release a Phantom 5

Please provide a link to your #2,3 points , I doubt you’ll be replying back to this thread simply because no such comments were ever made and your just regurgitating interweb babbling......

The parts shortage I believe is tied to the corruption scandal ( DJI employees had side deals with parts suppliers ) Corruption at DJI may cost the company $150 million – TechCrunch
Once they establish new vendors and replace the bad apples they had DJI will release a Phantom 5

Please provide a link to your #2,3 points , I doubt you’ll be replying back to this thread simply because no such comments were ever made and your just regurgitating interweb babbling......
Did you read the article you posted? It is reported that Romeo someone (his name is there) said to be a director of something at DJI made comments in a podcast (link provided) to the effect that the P4 is (RTK excepted) is finished and the phantom line has come to an end.

It is reported that Romeo someone (his name is there) said to be a director of something at DJI made comments in a podcast (link provided) to the effect that the P4 is (RTK excepted) is finished and the phantom line has come to an end.
Romeo Durscher (Director of Public Safety Integration at DJI) made that statement in this video.

Did you read the article you posted? It is reported that Romeo someone (his name is there) said to be a director of something at DJI made comments in a podcast (link provided) to the effect that the P4 is (RTK excepted) is finished and the phantom line has come to an end.

Yes the P4 line has come to an end not the Phantom line

Yes the P4 line has come to an end not the Phantom line
Did you watch the video I linked above? Romeo is saying the "Phantom line" has come to an end. Whether he misspoke and/or it's true is another question.

Did you watch the video I linked above? Romeo is saying the "Phantom line" has come to an end. Whether he misspoke and/or it's true is another question.

Yes, the Phantom line with the exception of the Phantom 4 Pro RTK has come to an end,” said Romeo Durscher, DJI’s Director of Public Safety Integration.

Exactly. And in the statement from DJI to The Verge was:

“As for the Phantom 5 rumors, we’ve never said we considered making a Phantom 5 in the first place, so there’s nothing to cancel,”- Adam Lisberg, DJI.

[Comment removed by Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nnnnoooooo not yet , please not be true,love the phantom range :),,what are we going to do now

Yes, the Phantom line with the exception of the Phantom 4 Pro RTK has come to an end,” said Romeo Durscher, DJI’s Director of Public Safety Integration.

Exactly. And in the statement from DJI to The Verge was:

“As for the Phantom 5 rumors, we’ve never said we considered making a Phantom 5 in the first place, so there’s nothing to cancel,”- Adam Lisberg, DJI.

[Comment removed by Moderator]

Read this article , “ Romeo misspoke “

It says in this article that “ Romeo misspoke “

It says in this article that “ Romeo misspoke “

It sure does. However, Romeo is a more credible source than The Verge. Here's to hoping someone gets Adam Lisberg on camera to give us his side of that story.

It also says that DJI has no plans for the Phantom 5. Geez- you need to read the full article.

It says “we’ve never said we considered making a Phantom 5 “ which means they never publicly announced a Phantom 5 so anyone that knows DJI’s history is they never publicly drop hints of new products they just release it ....... Geez , some of us pay attention to these things..
The wrench was thrown into the P5 plans with the corruption scandal,

It says “we’ve never said we considered making a Phantom 5 “ which means they never publicly announced a Phantom 5 so anyone that knows DJI’s history is they never publicly drop hints of new products they just release it ....... Geez , some of us pay attention to these things..
The wrench was thrown into the P5 plans with the corruption scandal,

Durscher was quite specific. The Phantom line is done. Sorry, Fatso- but you’re SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures