DJI Customer Service Repairs

Reaction score
Well guy I purchased my vision 2+ and made a whopping three flights. On the last flight, something went really wrong, I was hovering and suddenly my phantom shot straight up in the sky, almost out of sight. I turned the controller off and prayed for a safe return. For some reason the motors turned off and my phantom fell to the ground.

I had heard of horror stories about DJI taking forever and charging a lot to fix the birds and camera. Although I did have to wait a month, I received an email indicating my phantom had been fixed under warranty and there was no invoice needed. My bird is in the mail heading to my address for its next adventure.

I know I got a new camera, gimbal and some type of board, not sure what. Ill know more when it arrives. Anyways, just a shout out to DJI for the outstanding customer service. Very very happy with them. So happy Im talking with the wife about getting her the Phantom 3 to give her something to fly

Last edited:
Well guy I purchased my vision 2+ and made a whopping three flights. On the last flight, something went really wrong, I was hovering and suddenly my phantom shot straight up in the sky, almost out of sight. I turned the controller off and prayed for a safe return. For some reason the motors turned off and my phantom fell to the ground.
I had heard of horror stories about DJI taking forever and charging a lot to fix the birds and camera. Although I did have to wait a month, I received an email indicating my phantom had been fixed under warranty and there was no invoice needed. My bird is in the mail heading to my address for its next adventure.
I know I got a new camera, gimbal and some type of board, not sure what. Ill know more when it arrives. Anyways, just a shout out to DJI for the outstanding customer service. Very very happy with them. So happy Im talking with the wife about getting her the Phantom 3 to give her something to fly

Glad to hear that. Their CS has not been without issues in the past so to hear a good story it is refreshing. I'm a new P2V+ owner myself, in fact new to DJI all together.

I have had no problems with the end result; just getting to it has been difficult. Over six weeks when you're told 3-4 is excruciating ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sent mine in today. Glad to hear at least one person has had a pleasant experience dealing with their support!

So far I have no complaints. When I called late Friday I was on the phone for a total of 6 minutes start to finish. I was surprised that I had someone on the phone within seconds!! His name was Max and he seemed like he was pretty knowledgeable and answered all my questions with reasonable answers. Had all the emails and instructions sent before we hung up the phone.

Fingers crossed that things keep going this way.

I think ours has been in their que for at least 6 weeks so far after falling out of the sky. we are not as thrilled as you about CS at this point with no new news.....

My Phantom 2 Vision Plus loss power today with a fully charged battery at a 60' hover. Needless to say, total loss of Gimble and internal P-2 Wifi tx transmitter not working now. It's only 4 months old and hoping DJI will find what happened and replace. If they do not honor warranty, is there any one here that can help with new Wifi TX board and possible Gimbal repair? I am just anticipating worse case scenario from DJI. I have not heard good things about DJI support, so lets hope they take care of me. This loss of power seems to be an ongoing issue. What I did notice before the failure was an error that said, "not enough power to return home", and then loss of FPV and then all power loss. After the crash, I was able to power the aircraft and fly without camera, or Wifi. Really strange.... Any advice , or assistance appreciated.

How long had you been flying? How many cycles on the battery and what does it look like in the assistant?

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for replying. It had only been flying for 1-2 minutes in a hover at 60'. I have checked the batteries and the're both at 90% or better life left in them. I do have the video of the hover and when the quad tilts left, I lose picture, and then straight down like a rock. Although seconds before the loss of power, I got an error, "Not enough power to return home", and then the loss of FPV, and then loss of complete power and down she goes.. The sad part I was underneath only 5 feet distance horizontally and all I keep thinking was why did I not attempt to catch it? I stood there in complete disbelief that she was dropping like a rock. I still relive the sight in slow motion in my head all day today....crap,,****....oh dam ,PTSD!

How long had you been flying? How many cycles on the battery and what does it look like in the assistant?

Marlin-

Interesting thing in video I have of incident, you can see the time that lapses and when the quad loses video at the same time power to aircraft quits too. Most Youtube videos I have watched of battery failures to quads, the aircraft loses power, but camera continues to record til it hits the ground. My failure was so abrupt that it killed video too at same time. I want to think its a software, heat associated glitch possibility, for if mechanical in failure the aircraft should not have powered back up after the crash and flew okay? Its something intermittent. The day before I want to note that the aircraft at one point started to land when not requested and I could not regain control of it. I had to run out and grab it by hand before landing harder than required. I had lost control of the aircraft with the DJI controller. Therefore today's catastrophic failure was not a surprise that something was up.

Last edited:
Just a pointer. When you do get you craft back from DJI do a full IMU calibration and compass calibration before flight. It may save your craft. IMU gets disoriented in shipping and compass was calibrated at repair center. Need to re cal for your area.

Just a pointer. When you do get you craft back from DJI do a full IMU calibration and compass calibration before flight. It may save your craft. IMU gets disoriented in shipping and compass was calibrated at repair center. Need to re cal for your area.

Good point, thanks for the head up! I just hope they take care of me at DJI. I have read many threads over night of the same issue.

Not bad. Glad DJI customer service actually replies to some queries, mine dropped out of the sky on the fourth flight and DJI never even answered my email. All I got was this "e-mail recieved", and that was it. Pretty much the opposite of "outstanding", more like non existent. This was EU-support though, sounds the US-support team is doing it's job well.

Not bad. Glad DJI customer service actually replies to some queries, mine dropped out of the sky on the fourth flight and DJI never even answered my email. All I got was this "e-mail recieved", and that was it. Pretty much the opposite of "outstanding", more like non existent. This was EU-support though, sounds the US-support team is doing it's job well.
Yours are my sentiments exactly. Non existent. I've used those words so many times in the last two weeks I'm ready to give up. But I didn't know there was an American branch of service as well as a European one. I have been emailing my as off to Hong Kong or some place, and getting "Sorry if you having trouble, we can not help you, email if anything else happen. Thank you."

I think ours has been in their que for at least 6 weeks so far after falling out of the sky. we are not as thrilled as you about CS at this point with no new news.....
Nor should you be.

While a fortunate few have cause to express satisfaction with the kind of service a customer has a right to expect, the treatment received by the vast majority of DJI customers is best described as contemptuous.

There is no acceptable reason to wait six weeks for a repair or replacement -- regardless of whose fault the problem is. Considering DJI's impressive profit margin the only reason for such an excessive turnaround delay is they are too cheap to hire and train sufficient technicians to respectfully serve their customers.

Nor should you be.

While a fortunate few have cause to express satisfaction with the kind of service a customer has a right to expect, the treatment received by the vast majority of DJI customers is best described as contemptuous.

There is no acceptable reason to wait six weeks for a repair or replacement -- regardless of whose fault the problem is. Considering DJI's impressive profit margin the only reason for such an excessive turnaround delay is they are too cheap to hire and train sufficient technicians to respectfully serve their customers.
Here here! Well said.

Not in the least. I received an email confirmation, and 4 weeks later, some kind of ticket resolution email telling me my problem had been resolved. It wasn't.

Piss poor in my opinion. For that matter, in anybody's opinion, if they are a truthful person that is.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic