DJI authentic battery Vs Clone?

Reaction score
Just ordered 2 authentic battery packs for my P3A . But I know I will want at least 2 more . I have read a lot of conflicting threads all over the web but I have come to adopt most of the info I receive from this forum (thanks to everyone!) So who has had experiences out there with cheaper batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've never used aftermarket batteries for something that flies out into the distance, there are many stories both in this and other forums relating to unfortunate events. Not sure if aftermarket batteries are able to be updated with the firmware upgrades that pop up and if not I wouldn't be using them.

Here's where I am with cheap/knockoff batteries, which I think echoes a lot of other folks.

You spent a lot of $ for the drone. Is it really worth invalidating the warranty and/or risk it for the small amount of money you save to buy something that's totally unsupported and potentially could fail at the most inopportune time? Is it worth it to be able to use them now only to have them invalidated by a software update in a month? You buy genuine, you always have manufacturer support, and you don't have to hunt down the Wong Chen battery company in 2 months because your battery failed. All of a sudden it's not so much of a bargain any more.

I have 6x batteries for my bird. Shopped lowest price for them and didn't spend more than $110 each when the knockoffs were touching $100. Simply not worth it IMHO.

Just ordered 2 authentic battery packs for my P3A . But I know I will want at least 2 more . I have read a lot of conflicting threads all over the web but I have come to adopt most of the info I receive from this forum (thanks to everyone!) So who has had experiences out there with cheaper batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
You can't use 3rd party batteries with the later versions of firmware/software.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
You can't use 3rd party batteries with the later versions of firmware/software.
There are some out there that bypass the check, at least until DJI updates to beat them. That's why I said if they work now they may not work on the next update, but it's still an expensive gamble.

There's no decision here. Why would you gamble. Buy original DJI batteries. There's enough with this hobby to concern yourself with, why add the unknown of a battery that you have no idea if it meets specs of not. The DJI batteries internally handle cell balancing, smart charging and discharging, etc. you have no idea what "Bob's Discount Batteries" is doing, or not doing.

Example: So many phones have been ruined by cheap, counterfeit charging wires that Amazon recently imposed policy that requires wires sold on their site to be "Apple Certified". People ruined $600 phones to save $10 on a wire, makes no sense.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic