DJI announcement Oct 11?

You are all wrong . . . but I'm still not going to tell you.
Oh stop it and let's talk about the real things at hand like my Phantom new P4pro plus that had to go back within days of purchase because of compass errors suddenly after take off and Wiffi alert issues. Nearly lost it in the air and would have if I didn't have experience. A disconnect in flight of GPS and no RTH working, flying back in ATTI mode without a Joice as the breeze tries to take away the Drone from you during your attemt to return it! That's real issues with this Product not I know crap but can't tell you!

DJI wants you to spend several thousand dollars on a new product, without fixing the problems of their previous products, like all of the firmware problems with the Phantoms that were NEVER resolved.
Now your talking..... I spent nearly 2k Canadian dollars and it's already UPS delivered back to California before it kills somebody on the ground!

Maybe, it is the release of a corrected, bug-free new version of the firmware for the P4P and P4P+ RC and AC ... maybe ??? or ... maybe that may be too much to expect all at once. One can hope at least ;-)

Maybe, it is the release of a corrected, bug-free new version of the firmware for the P4P and P4P+ RC and AC ... maybe ??? or ... maybe that may be too much to expect all at once. One can hope at least ;-)
Maybe it is a firmware update to correct my issues. Mine was unflyable as it was, too allow a auto take off then present alerts disconnections from GPS once airborne is nerving to anyone, Luckily I was experienced or for sure it would have been a goner. I sure changed colours when it drifted away out of control while all sticks were still in the middle and toggle was in P mode. Because of my playing in Atti mode once and a while before with my other P4, I was in and out of hope while trying to understand what was going on at first with only seconds to think as it drifted further away. When it disappeared behind me over trees and out of sight was when I looked down to the screen and then fought back against the wind direction to fly back to me on the shore line. At first I pressed RTH and held it for beeping confirmation of engagement and none of that worked, probably because I noticed after that the GPS mode said off on the screen. It makes me nervous even recalling this, my wife described my pale face as I lost control of it. While all this it began drifting over towards the city with people walking around on a very warm late afternoon not far from the beach where I began, clear away from people.
Oh well nothing happened thank goodness!
Thanks for your reply u000gbk

It’s what we have all been hoping for and now it will finally happen...... it’s the long awaited overhaul of their customer service policy.
What good is a new product weather it be a new phantom, camera etc if we can’t get good customer service for products we buy.

Haha when hell freeze over...

Reactions: Rick_x
This was just posted by DJI. Any idea what it may be?
There were a lot of aerial shots there. Lots of action sequences and a final tease with some sort of lens. I'm guessing a faster Phantom drone, lower aperture and possibly better portability for those remote locations, so hopefully landing gear like the Typhoon H?

I am sure a lot of youtubers already got a hands on unboxing and review of this new product if thats what DJI will be announcing. Similar to Spark a few hours after the announcement youtubers started uploading their review and unboxing.

Maybe it is a firmware update to correct my issues. Mine was unflyable as it was, too allow a auto take off then present alerts disconnections from GPS once airborne is nerving to anyone, Luckily I was experienced or for sure it would have been a goner. I sure changed colours when it drifted away out of control while all sticks were still in the middle and toggle was in P mode. Because of my playing in Atti mode once and a while before with my other P4, I was in and out of hope while trying to understand what was going on at first with only seconds to think as it drifted further away. When it disappeared behind me over trees and out of sight was when I looked down to the screen and then fought back against the wind direction to fly back to me on the shore line. At first I pressed RTH and held it for beeping confirmation of engagement and none of that worked, probably because I noticed after that the GPS mode said off on the screen. It makes me nervous even recalling this, my wife described my pale face as I lost control of it. While all this it began drifting over towards the city with people walking around on a very warm late afternoon not far from the beach where I began, clear away from people.
Oh well nothing happened thank goodness!
Thanks for your reply u000gbk
Stop updating!!! I haven't updating anything

It will be for the Inspire. There is a leaked video showing the X7 in use.

Bad news for X5S owner I think, this pretty much makes it obsolete. Prices on second hand gear should tumble.

Good news for new buyers. And the industry! Should be a great camera.

What are u talking about updating for... its brand new out of the box..... you have to load the crap into it then end up with a $2500 Canadian dollar liability toy!

It will be for the Inspire. There is a leaked video showing the X7 in use.

Bad news for X5S owner I think, this pretty much makes it obsolete. Prices on second hand gear should tumble.

Good news for new buyers. And the industry! Should be a great camera.

I don't think it's bad news for those of us on older firmware and enjoying it!! The new camera will only work with newest firmware and app and all the problems and limitations it brings [emoji15][emoji15]

Reactions: Dronefriend
Instead of the zenmuse it could also be a smaller drone.
I can't be just a coincidence that this discount ends on October 11th.
spark.JPG

Instead of the zenmuse it could also be a smaller drone.
I can't be just a coincidence that this discount ends on October 11th.
View attachment 89391
I thought about that as well but I think they anticipate a flow of customers to the store on that date, because of the X7 launch, and that some might order the Spark out of interest. And they want them to pay retail.

Plus the Spark will probably go on sale on Black friday and it has to be priced normal for a time before that.

Or maybe they release a full format camera the size and price of the Spark and obsolete everyone and everything and become dominators of the heavens.

Reactions: rene van der meer
Yeah, I'm a little gun shy buying their new products. I still have a basically brand new Phantom 2 Vision Plus that was killed by a firmware update and they refused to fix or replace it. Still flies perfectly, but no video or telemetry. Less than a dozen flights on it. I bought extra batteries, chargers, Waterproof Case, Mounts, etc for it, and all for waste. Sits in the corner... $1500+
View media item 3971
OUCH!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart