DJI 960 KV motors for the Vision Plus

UnknownCaller said:
Does anyone have these motors and are they a worth while upgrade?

Pretty sure they're the stock ones on the V3, and while I have never owned a V2 I have read elsewhere that the upgrade from V2 to V3 is a worthwhile upgrade. I believe you'll also need the new ESC's to match.

I did the upgrade... The new motors are quieter and from testing (against a normal non-v3 with 2212) they have much better stopping power... can almost do a 180 instantly...
I'm happy with the upgrade.. but yeah as bbfpv said, you will need ESC 2.1.. It has to be ESC 2.1.. not 2.0... It needs to say 2.1 on the QR code...
If you are in Australia I can sell you 4x brand new ESC 2.1 for $95AUD... normal price is about 4x $30AUD

Only issue is... since upgrading when I ascend I sometimes get a battery discharge warning, which others have said is due to the quad trying to use to much battery or something along those lines... I only get the error popping up if I ascend for 8 or so seconds.. the error comes and goes in a second, so its hard to even tell its there...
I don't understand why I get the error and v3 owners don't... allthough on other forums other people have seen the same thing since the upgrade... I think maybe its because my batteries have a fair bit of usage.. 70-80 charges on both...
Now when I ascend I do it for 5 seconds, stop ascend again stop etc etc..
Am going to try a friends non-v3 fresh-er battery (20 charges) and see if I still get the error pop up.. If I don't.. then I suspect all v3 owners will get the same thing when there batteries have done a fair amount of charges like mine have..
Would like to buy new batteries buy $200AUD each is way to expensive :(

Just something to be aware of....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers