DIScharging batteries with a B6AC charger and adapter? And 4 battery hub? Solentlife?

Reaction score
I just ordered this a B6AC V2 charger. It's not just for my Phantom, I will use it for my rc truck and rc boat too. Anyways, I understand that you can charge Phantom 3 batteries with it, so I ordered the adapter too. You simply set it to Pb setting, 9 cell (that's 18v) and let it do it's thing.

1st question. Can I also use this set up with the 4 battery hub? So.... I'd set it to Pb, 9 cell, then hook the B6AC to DJI adapter up between the charger and 4 battery hub and everything would work like it should? It makes sense that it would work fine.... just wondering if anyone has ever tried it. Obviously just for charging, BTW. I wouldn't think you could discharge through a 4 battery hub, LOL.

2nd question. Can I discharge (to storage voltage) DJI batteries with the B6AC? Would I simply set it to LiHV 4 cell and then hit "storage"?

Solenlife.... I put your name in the title, because you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on this topic. Thanks.

Hi ...

First I advise to NOT use PB mode .... Please use LiHV Charge only mode set to 4S ... and maximum 5A, with battery switched on. That way you have double protection of the DJI battery terminating charge and if that fails - then the Charger will....

Storage charge ? I just set my DJI batterys to 1 day in APP and leave them with that. Problem trying to get a B6 or similar to do storage charge is DJI do not allow you to have individual cells connected via balance lead for Charger to monitor.

If you wish to manually discharge to storage - then get one of the little gadgets on Ebay that have a Lamp / USB outlet in ... the power you give up can be redirected to charge a phone, tablet or even the Controller.

Nigel

Last edited:
Reactions: Matts175
Thank you VERY much for the advice, Nigel. Will do. I'm glad you chimed in.

No problem ... just so that others know ... I still use my DJI power based charger as well as my LiPo charger. Means I can charge 2 batterys simultaneously without the drawn out long process the DJI based multi charger has !

Nigel

Reactions: Matts175

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl