Disappointed But Not Surprised

I've downloaded all the FAA Manuals as study guides . now i can go and refresh anytime . next time i may do better , but that's a couple yrs away . i still have to earn enough to pay for the drone and test . this has to be more then just fun . lol

I've downloaded all the FAA Manuals as study guides . now i can go and refresh anytime . next time i may do better , but that's a couple yrs away . i still have to earn enough to pay for the drone and test . this has to be more then just fun . lol

Have you heard of drone base yet? They give you local jobs to fly with the map inside their phone app. The minimum price you are supposed to get paid is $50 try it if you haven't.

This is a cut and past of Canadian recreational drone rules, didn't put me off buying one. It might bother me less because I'm an old school RC pilot with no interest in going out of vlos range. I live somewhere rural I guess the 75m stuff would be challenging in a big city. In my experience with cops and RC if you appear to be using good judgement or they're interested personally they don't care or even know about these laws. I don't have my address but enough contact info to be found, hope I don't go to jail.

Do not fly your drone:

• higher than 90 m above the ground
  • closer than 75 m from buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals, people/crowds
  • closer than nine km from the centre of an aerodrome (any airport, heliport, seaplane base or anywhere that aircraft take-off and land)
  • within controlled or restricted airspace
  • within nine km of a forest fire
  • where it could interfere with police or first responders
  • at night or in clouds
  • if you can’t keep it in sight at all times
  • if you are not within 500 m of your drone
  • if your name, address, and telephone number are not clearly marked on your drone.

In my european country belgium we have the next (i used the list from above and changed it)

Do not fly your drone:
  • higher than 45 m above the ground
  • closer than 30 m from buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals, people/crowds
  • closer than nine km from the centre of an aerodrome (any airport, heliport, seaplane base or anywhere that aircraft take-off and land)
  • within controlled or restricted airspace
  • where it could interfere with police or first responders
  • at night or in clouds
  • if you can’t keep it in sight at all times
  • if you are not within 500 m of your drone
  • if your name, address, and telephone number are not clearly marked on your drone
  • If your drone is not registered if it weights more then 999 gram

I do support regulation requiring, for example, traffic control and signal lights at busy intersections, so as to facilitate orderly traffic flow and minimize the risk of collisions while driving. In this case LESS regulation would be a bad thing; before these rules, MORE regulation was a good thing.

Agree with you and would like just add a comment:

Some traffic control and signal lights are today dynamic, ie you got almost instant green light if nobody else is at intersection. This is the kind of flexibility that makes rules more efficient rather than just black & white. Not obvious to implement for emerging technologies and laws changing all the time as well localized, I think.

Looks like it's changing to a more controlled environment where each device is well identified within ecosystem. I hope will allow more flexible scenarios, expecting DJI looking for more revenue must have some agenda.

Have you heard of drone base yet? They give you local jobs to fly with the map inside their phone app. The minimum price you are supposed to get paid is $50 try it if you haven't.
No I'll look into them . thanks . minimum of $50 won't get them much that's just enough to unpack the drone put the battery in and get ready for take off . lol . i just missed a search and rescue here last week . I guess someone else got in on it as i heard they used a drone to help in the search . if i had know i would have gone and offered my services for free . they found the guy dead in the river . i think he got chased by a griz as they found things of his scattered about .

Well said. We sure have a bunch of g men, yes men, and just plain squares in here don't we Dennis lol! Would you guys all be defending DJI if they were putting a governor on your car that wouldn't allow the car to go over 65 miles an hour?
Unfair question. It lacks necessary context.

If the alternative were to have cars prohibited entirely, then yes, I would cheerfully accept a car that was limited from exceeding speed limits by technology. Far better to be able to get from A to B then not at all.

As for the flight authorization systems being integrated into DJI drones, I'm generally supportive of the concept, not so much at the buggy and inaccurate implementation. But those issues will get worked out.

It's my view that these technologies, rather than being a threat, will keep as much airspace as possible available to drone hobbyists. There are very real, legitimate reasons to prohibit flying over airports, prisons, military bases, entertainment fora, etc. There are also very real, growing issues with completely inexperienced, ignorant people getting in the air now eager and willing to fly over airports, prisons, military bases, et al.

If we don't have some way to automatically control such people in these locales that the rest of the community is concerned about, we're likely to face far more draconian restrictions (like outlawing streaming video).

Looked into drone base . can't say It's something i would do . first off they want you to go do residential or commercial photos / video that are up for sale all on your dime . then if they sale the footage /photos they will pay you a stupid fee that won't cover gas let alone anything else .i have no doubt they try to sale these images for 300 to 800 or more and then only want to pay you 45 or 50 bucks . plus they then keep the copyright to your work.
Much better to go around and take your own stop by the real estate offices and sell yourself .

That's the only app I've found that offers jobsites. Only other option would be go out and talk to local Realtors

That's the only app I've found that offers jobsites. Only other option would be go out and talk to local Realtors
YES . that's the only way to do it . go talk to realtors in person show them footage of how it can benefit them and help for a quicker sale . farms ranches etc . letting a co. like Dronebase do it will gain you nothing and them everything . you have the investment , the time to go around and do the shoots , the gas and expenses . why would anyone do a shoot for $50.00 ??

Eh, Just easy shots for when you have nothing better to do or you're probably out of state and want to make just a few easy bucks while on vacation

There is a danger to those who have their heads buried in the sand and refuse to see what is happening to them. If you had read my post carefully, you would have seen the sentence, “Today height restrictions tomorrow distance restrictions.”. I did indeed mention a restriction imposed upon all of us, and with that restriction, the sky is falling. Did you get the pun, or do I have to point that out too?
What height restriction???? I was up at 620 plus the other day

Eh, Just easy shots for when you have nothing better to do or you're probably out of state and want to make just a few easy bucks while on vacation
But you won't make anything . if they sale a shot then you may get $50.00 How do you pay for Gas, Liability Insurance , the drone . etc I see no way that this would work for anybody but dronebase . Plus you lose your work all photos and videos become theirs for nothing . I would never recommend this to anybody . Dronebase ends up with a data base of shots and you may or not make a dime

But you won't make anything . if they sale a shot then you may get $50.00 How do you pay for Gas, Liability Insurance , the drone . etc I see no way that this would work for anybody but dronebase . Plus you lose your work all photos and videos become theirs for nothing . I would never recommend this to anybody . Dronebase ends up with a data base of shots and you may or not make a dime

The photos remain in the USA the entire time you can upload them to the computer and do with them what you want still. But they do want them sent to them the way you took them not after you process them. Just download the app and see how many jobs are in your area there were 20 just in my neighborhood within the last month that were within a walking distance and I still have the photos. I'd love if they would actually have a price and who is selling the house so you could contact then yourself and show them what you really could do.

The photos remain in the USA the entire time you can upload them to the computer and do with them what you want still. But they do want them sent to them the way you took them not after you process them. Just download the app and see how many jobs are in your area there were 20 just in my neighborhood within the last month that were within a walking distance and I still have the photos. I'd love if they would actually have a price and who is selling the house so you could contact then yourself and show them what you really could do.
The photos may remain in the USA but if you read there fine print once you submit them they become their property . you no longer have a copyright to those photos . anyone can go to an MLS and see what is for sale in a given area . all the jobs that pop up only pay if they sale the photos to the realtor . so those 20 jobs you may get 1 or 2 that pay . it's better if your going to go and shoot a place to just get a hold of the selling agent . I'm sure most places have and sign out front . Or better yet go you your local realtors office and give them a demonstration of what you can do for them . Then you can charge between 300 and 500 a shoot for basic photos or a short video .
I can not see how dronebase is a profit earning for drone pilots . Do they cover liability Ins? Do they cover the time it takes to notify neighbors of a photo shoot using a drone ? Do they even have permission to shoot these photos of a property ? if not your the one running around and having neighbors maybe call and complain . If they want to hire Drone pilots and pay them $50 to $100 an hour then it would be different .

The photos may remain in the USA but if you read there fine print once you submit them they become their property . you no longer have a copyright to those photos . anyone can go to an MLS and see what is for sale in a given area . all the jobs that pop up only pay if they sale the photos to the realtor . so those 20 jobs you may get 1 or 2 that pay . it's better if your going to go and shoot a place to just get a hold of the selling agent . I'm sure most places have and sign out front . Or better yet go you your local realtors office and give them a demonstration of what you can do for them . Then you can charge between 300 and 500 a shoot for basic photos or a short video .
I can not see how dronebase is a profit earning for drone pilots . Do they cover liability Ins? Do they cover the time it takes to notify neighbors of a photo shoot using a drone ? Do they even have permission to shoot these photos of a property ? if not your the one running around and having neighbors maybe call and complain . If they want to hire Drone pilots and pay them $50 to $100 an hour then it would be different .

I just have it for when I have nothing better to do anyway

I just have it for when I have nothing better to do anyway
let me suggest then if you have nothing better to do .Go visit your local real estate agents with some footage you took of properties they have for sale . you may find you can easily sell them that footage for $50 or much more . no need for dronebase .Why pay a middleman 90% of what you can earn on your own ?

I think I know what limits have been imported. I fly my p4 for the first time in a few weeks on Tuesday. A screen popped up saying if I down load the update there will be new lower restrictions in height and distance. Off the top of my head max height would be reduced to 300ft as opposed to 400. Can't remember what the distance limit was. So the choice is don't load the latest software or suffer a reduction in performance of your bird.

Ps this is my first ever post in here, go easy.

I think I know what limits have been imported. I fly my p4 for the first time in a few weeks on Tuesday. A screen popped up saying if I down load the update there will be new lower restrictions in height and distance. Off the top of my head max height would be reduced to 300ft as opposed to 400. Can't remember what the distance limit was. So the choice is don't load the latest software or suffer a reduction in performance of your bird.

Not so .I've downloaded and nothing has changed

There are no new general restrictions, I bet you saw the notice telling you that flight height and distance will be restricted until you re-login to your DJI account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94