Directions or diagram for wiring amps to a ItElite setup on P3S

Reaction score
I have the ItElite antenna installed on the remote for my P3S and just received the 2.4 and 5.8 Sunhans amps, the battery, and all wires and mount to boost the signal... I am finding it impossible to find a diagram that shows exactly how to hook it all up.. What amp goes where? How do the wires run into the ItElite Antenna? Which wires do i use? (There are obviously extra!!) And I likely have other questions that I just dont know about yet...

Any help or a picture or diagram would be awesome!! I can send specs for anything if needed..

Thanks!!

Wayne

If your remote set up is neat, I would love to see a picture... my antenna wires come out of the bottom of my remote...

Here's mine. The side that says radio goes to the remote, the side that says antenna goes to the DBS. People mount them in different places on the RC.

Attachments

• IMAG0268.jpg
    IMAG0268.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 521
  • IMAG0269.jpg
    IMAG0269.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 455
Reactions: k9time and Matts175
WilliamM did you notice a difference with 3 amps vs 2 amps
Yes, I personally did get better results with two on the wifi side. Can't put a number on it, but did get better range with the FPV when I added the second. Some will say only one is needed, and technically that might be true. But real world for me at least, two was better than one. If you made me give you a number, 20 to 30% better at the min.

Yes, I personally did get better results with two on the wifi side. Can't put a number on it, but did get better range with the FPV when I added the second. Some will say only one is needed, and technically that might be true. But real world for me at least, two was better than one. If you made me give you a number, 20 to 30% better at the min.
I have a qustion:We first power on the amplifiers and then the RC or first RC and then the amplfiers?
Thank you.

I have a qustion:We first power on the amplifiers and then the RC or first RC and then the amplfiers?
Thank you.
Somewhere on this forum this is a long thread on this very subject, and I read the whole thing. This is what I got out of it, as there where two sides to an argument. One side argued the amps first because this way the RC had a load to push against when it was turned on so to not harm the RC. The other side argued the RC first because the amps (at least the Sunhans) have a load resistance even when turned off so there was no risk to the RC and the advantage to this was that the RC puts out a small power surge for just a second when first turned on that could harm the amp as that would be above it's power rating and leaving them off would protect them. I went with the later, and turn my RC on first and even wait for the wifi to connect with my device and Go app loaded, than turn on the amps.

Have never had an issue doing it this way for about a year now. And also find it helps cut down on those dumb "Warning high interference use caution" messages. I never got those till I installed the amps, I'm thinking the amps are boosting any wifi signal in the air and causing false warnings.

Reactions: Vega
Somewhere on this forum this is a long thread on this very subject, and I read the whole thing. This is what I got out of it, as there where two sides to an argument. One side argued the amps first because this way the RC had a load to push against when it was turned on so to not harm the RC. The other side argued the RC first because the amps (at least the Sunhans) have a load resistance even when turned off so there was no risk to the RC and the advantage to this was that the RC puts out a small power surge for just a second when first turned on that could harm the amp as that would be above it's power rating and leaving them off would protect them. I went with the later, and turn my RC on first and even wait for the wifi to connect with my device and Go app loaded, than turn on the amps.

Have never had an issue doing it this way for about a year now. And also find it helps cut down on those dumb "Warning high interference use caution" messages. I never got those till I installed the amps, I'm thinking the amps are boosting any wifi signal in the air and causing false warnings.
Excellent recap of the theories. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20