Did I Break It?

Reaction score
So i was trying to fly my P2 over a ditch at a very low altitude for a cool shot. I had it very steady and while it was just hovering maybe 3-6 inches off the surface of the water, when all of the sudden it quickly dunked into the water by itself. I still had control when it did that so the dunk was only like half a second. Only the landing gear got wet, but since i have the newest P2 there was the compass enclosed in a tight casing, but on the opposite end there is a very exposed black chip.
The next day I was showing my grandpa the failsafe feature. The phantom worked fine but once it automatically flew back, it descended very hard and flew in circles while scraping the landing gear along the ground, and it almost hit my grandpa.
What is that black chip, and did it have anything to do with the malfunction?

The little "chip" is in fact a CAN bus connector that allows you to plug in other devices, like the IOSD mini onscreen display module for FPV.

The spiral flight probably indicates you have a compass malfunction and either it's still wet, or you need to do a compass calibration.

Make sure everything is dry... and do the compass dance outside away from electrical and metal objects. This includes your cell phone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik