dial on right side of remote???

keep in mind the more negative value the darker your screen and actual pictures video will be, the more positive value the brighter. Best setting is -.3 IMO

best settings are when you do not see zebra. Activate zebra
FYI the zebra he is talking about is in the camera setting theres a on - off for 'OVER EXPOSURE WARNING'
Turn it on and anything over exposed looks like a zebra
Took me awhile ( and someones help) to figure that out

Reactions: QuikSilver15
what does the dial on the right do ? and what does the right button underneath the remote do ?
Cant seem to figure it out ? anyone ?
Have you read the manual?
As I would be inclined to start there.
If you do not have one then go to the DJI site and down load it.
Then sit down and read it at least twice.
@duse500 Thanks for being helpful, there always has to be one ***!!
I think the OP's question is so basic that it's an indication that it's likely the OP hasn't read the manual and Paulajayne's post wasn't out of order, but was in fact, informative.
Any Phantom user should think the manual as the first port of call for basic info like that.
It's full of diagrams etc and anyone that had looked through would know that.
Polite and helpful is good but at some point people also have to learn to help themselves.

I think the OP's question is so basic that it's an indication that it's likely the OP hasn't read the manual and Paulajayne's post wasn't out of order, but was in fact, informative.
Any Phantom user should think the manual as the first port of call for basic info like that.
Polite and helpful is good but at some point people also have to learn to help themselves.

Well said Meta.
Feed a man a fish...
Teach a man to fish...

The camera setting dial also has a pressure switch (push the dial in), anybody know what that does? NITFM.

I can appreciate your desire for people to be studious with their Phantom but I have to admit when I first purchased my P3 I went to the website and downloaded the manual. I then scanned through it cover to cover. I then went back to read the parts that I felt were important to know and learn. I then went back to study the parts I didn't have a firm grasp of and felt were important. Apparently in the process I, like izzydrone, had no clue what the knob on the right was. Only after I was flying did I figure out it was exposure value. The button on the bottom right, well, I don't ever use it so who cares.

I think it goes to show the different personalities of people in this world. It is part of what makes the human so diverse. Not necessarily a bad thing but not something you should beat someone up about.

jmho

Reactions: mvigs
The camera setting dial also has a pressure switch (push the dial in), anybody know what that does? NITFM.

That switches between the exposure (ISO) and shutter speed settings on the left of the screen when selected.

IMG_0007_zpsaiu0whw4.jpg

@duse500 Thanks for being helpful, there always has to be one ***!!

I didn't feel like he was being an *** at all, and was in fact probably the best bit of advice you could have been given. Just because you're too lazy to look it up for yourself, in the documentation you're provided with, does not make him (or her) the ***.

It is just the frustration level of seeing the very same questions over and over from new pilots who do not take the time to read the manual, if they did 90% of their questions would be answered. I had read the manual no less than 3 times prior to receiving my P3, that, and a little flow charting of the menu's answered all of my questions. I do understand the temptation to just unbox the bird and FLY, but if you want to join the ranks of those who have crashed their P3 from lack of knowledge (like the OP) then ignore the learning curve and pay the price. If the OP had ever flown in ATTI he would have recognized the actions of his bird at once and been able to safely land it with full control. I realize he was low and could not take the time to look at his telemetry but had he practiced flying in ATTI he would have been fine. I bet he will practice it now.

Reactions: acherman
FYI the zebra he is talking about is in the camera setting theres a on - off for 'OVER EXPOSURE WARNING'
Turn it on and anything over exposed looks like a zebra
Took me awhile ( and someones help) to figure that out
What if you're taking a picture of an actual zebra?

Reactions: ATPhoto and tvckz
I'm torn - there are times where someone asks a question and the read the manual seems harsh... there are times where I see a question and a cringe because I know the very next post is going to say "read the manual" - I think it's those questions, the cringeworthy questions, that justify a "you should read the manual remark"

YES - there are times where even having read the manual someone might still have a question (lord knows I have missed stuff in the manual... or read it and took it to mean one thing when it meant something different) - but I have noticed that there have been increasing questions that suggest the manual was not even glanced at.

I generally answer the question AND suggest they look in the manual for more detail (or even post a pic of the page in the manual). I want to be helpful and teach people how to fish :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic