"detected shock.. aircraft sharply pitching" .. and no such thing

Reaction score
hello pilots.. its been few days since ive noticed a weird warning about a shock detected midflight and a sharp pitch or roll.. there was no such a thing.. airdata says someting about collision.. no collisions.. no obstacles.. no birds.. no weird attitude noticed..

can somebody explain what happened??
thanks a lot!! 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_20221109_194125.jpg
    IMG_20221109_194125.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20221109_194108.jpg
    IMG_20221109_194108.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
hello pilots.. its been few days since ive noticed a weird warning about a shock detected midflight and a sharp pitch or roll.. there was no such a thing.. airdata says someting about collision.. no collisions.. no obstacles.. no birds.. no weird attitude noticed.. 🙏
At 0:39.0 you were flying southeast at 8 metres/sec, 57 metres above the ground.
The drone was tilted forward at 13° when obstacle avoidance suddenly tilted back 55° and brought the drone to a stop.

There was no change to the roll or yaw data which suggests that the drone never actually hit anything.
It looks like an obstacle avoidance false alarm.
The message about a possible collision is Airdata's mis-interpretation of the data.

Reactions: xrider
At 0:39.0 you were flying southeast at 8 metres/sec, 57 metres above the ground.
The drone was tilted forward at 13° when obstacle avoidance suddenly tilted back 55° and brought the drone to a stop.

There was no change to the roll or yaw data which suggests that the drone never actually hit anything.
It looks like an obstacle avoidance false alarm.
The message about a possible collision is Airdata's mis-interpretation of the data.
thank you SOOO MUCH!!! it hit the brakes because of sunlight.. but nothing more than that..
thanks A LOT!!

Last edited:
This happens usually when the sun is close to the horizont and the cam is facing directly to it. Sensors false trigger avoidance collision and stop the drone.
Happened to me several times.
Just turn the camera a little downwards and it will be ok.

hello pilots.. its been few days since ive noticed a weird warning about a shock detected midflight and a sharp pitch or roll.. there was no such a thing.. airdata says someting about collision.. no collisions.. no obstacles.. no birds.. no weird attitude noticed..

can somebody explain what happened??
thanks a lot!! 🙏
Severe wind? I could see how a massive gust could be interpreted as a collision.

D

Severe wind? I could see how a massive gust could be interpreted as a collision.

D
Not very likely. If so there must have been several warnings about the strong wind. In the post, nothing has been told about the wind.

Not very likely. If so there must have been several warnings about the strong wind. In the post, nothing has been told about the wind.
Didi you have eyes on the drone at the time? Did you see it physically pitch? What I'm trying to determine is if the warning is completely erroneous or if maybe it is the result of something physically acting on the drone. If you didn't have eyes on at the time, I think it would be impossible to assert that it wasn't a wind or even a bird.

Thoughts?

D

A sudden, strong gust would not be interpreted as a collision.

Didi you have eyes on the drone at the time? Did you see it physically pitch? What I'm trying to determine is if the warning is completely erroneous or if maybe it is the result of something physically acting on the drone. If you didn't have eyes on at the time, I think it would be impossible to assert that it wasn't a wind or even a bird.
The recorded flight data shows exactly what was happening at the time and makes it quite clear that the issue was caused by obstacle avoidance braking suddenly.
A collision or strong wind would show very different effects on pitch, roll, yaw, height and speed data.

A sudden, strong gust would not be interpreted as a collision.

The recorded flight data shows exactly what was happening at the time and makes it quite clear that the issue was caused by obstacle avoidance braking suddenly.
A collision or strong wind would show very different effects on pitch, roll, yaw, height and speed data.
Touché. OR hitting the brakes due to Sunlight....<;^)

1668299501911.png

D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4