Defective P3A?

Reaction score
I think I have a defective P3A, but I wanted to get some opinions before I went through the process of trying to return it. I've had it for a month and upgraded all firmware to the latest version the day I got it. I've tried as many things as I can think of - hoping it was because of something I was doing or how I was using it, but at this point it just seems like something isn't right.

Here are some of the things I've experienced:
  • Video files are corrupt more than 50% of the time. This is my biggest issue. It's been happening since day one. No matter what kind of flight I do, I land it, stop the video recording, and turn everything off, and get an error when trying to play the video. I'm using the SD card that came with it, but I also tried another card and had the same issue. I use the djifix.exe program to fix what I really want to keep, but unfortunately most of those play in slow motion after the fix.
  • No signal in video mode with DJI Go app. One of the main reasons I use Litchi is because of all the issues I have with the DJI Go app. When I put the camera in video mode, my signal immediately goes out. I can control the drone, but I have no video signal. I can see things fine with it's in picture mode, just not video. I've tried multiple phones and tablets and I either have that problem, or the video feed is there but very choppy and delayed.
  • Remote beeps after a few minutes when drone is out of range. I use Litchi to fly auto missions, and after a few minutes of my drone being out of range, my remote starts beeping. It doesn't give any indication of what's going on, and the remote battery is charged, so I have no idea what it means. During my last mission, after beeping like that for a bit, it finally went from 'Signal Lost' to 'Disconnected'. My drone came back in RTH mode and I couldn't reconnect to it even after restarting the app, so I had to catch my drone.
  • Missions don't complete. Again, using Litchi, I've had lots of issues with long missions not completing successfully. Lots of times it comes back in RTH mode, and then I have corrupt video files. One time I still had full signal of the mission, but the mission just stopped and I had to take over to bring it back.
  • Lots of compass calibration errors. I continue to calibrate my compass, but during flights, I often see a red message stating there is a compass calibration error. I can't tell that this has caused any issues in flight, but it's definitely concerning.
My brother has a P3P and hasn't had any of these issues. He uses an iPhone whereas I use all Android devices, but since I've tested things out on over four devices, it's hard to believe that Android is the issue. I wouldn't think that everyone using Android devices has had all of the issues I have. After all this time, and hating to think of having to send this back, I'm starting to think I need to before something goes wrong and I don't have anything to send back...

My opinion, send it in. With all those issues you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Don't fly or wait another day. Send it in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers