Dealing with the FAA

This licensing crap is the reason people do start a business without anything official. I want to start an aerial photography LLC using my Phantom 3 Pro. I've been flying "drones" for years and know what I'm doing and obey all rules. I think it's BS to require a pilot's license!!! I will most likely not bother and just do it.

Wow, on another page, another tab another link the FAA states a drivers license will do for the medical certificate -
You still need an FAA pilot's license. But if you wait another year, maybe two, you may not.

Thanks, worked through the registration and the exemption stuff - now to tackle the pilot application
There's no "pilot application." Just contact your nearest flight school, if you decide to enroll, they take it from there.

I guess government web sites are not for old farts - I went through the pilot stuff and never saw where it said what to do - thanks - you have been a great help

This licensing crap is the reason people do start a business without anything official. I want to start an aerial photography LLC using my Phantom 3 Pro. I've been flying "drones" for years and know what I'm doing and obey all rules. I think it's BS to require a pilot's license!!! I will most likely not bother and just do it.
you are correct about the BS part - but all it takes is for someone to complain and then some over zealous bureaucrat to get a bug up their behind and make a (no pun intended) a federal case out of it - and then a business is having to defend itself based on not following a stupid rule

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20